AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well then. Looks like I'll be changing all the ratings before I play...
Oh yeah.

The 0-99 scale could be hugely helpful if they impact the gameplay. I saw enough of ruckman chasing down mids in AFL Live, hopefully we can make the slow guys feel slow and quick guys feel quick.

A few other tidbits from the ratings.

1. Kicking and handballing are broken into 2 seperate ratings; kicking/handballing and kicking/handballing power. Im guessing the first one is accuracy, and the 2nd is distance. This seems good. We can create the dudes who hit every target less than 30m but arent particularly long kicks (e.g. Pendlebury, Boomer) and long kicks who can't hit a target (Scott Thompson) and short kicks who can't hit a target (Priddis, Lachie Hansen).

2. There is also rating for weak foot; will we get an option to kick on the oppo, or will it be a positioning thing, or will it not be a thing.

3. There is a rating for fending; are don't argues in?

4. Set shots are seperate from goal kicking (snaps, on the run etc)?

5. There's plenty we don't know what impact they'll have, if they have any impact at all (consistency, reactions, decision making).

6. I like that speed and acceleration are different. In 2K, acceleration means how quickly they can get to full speed. And if implemented quickly, can counter the crazy ant feel that AFL Live had. Every player could turn on a dime regardless of size or speed. Think of what we could do with blokes like Franklin or Riewoldt who can have 85 speed ratings because they move when at full gallop, but can have 35 acceleration ratings because they are big blokes who can't get to full gallop as quickly as a little fella.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All face scanned players look nice, my boy Harris Andrews looks very good for an un-face scanned player, shame that Rhys the Beast and Mcluggage look a bit off tho, but I guess I can make a few edits in the fanhub eh. Cheers for the vid.

I thought it was Bulletstorm that came with the Duke Nukem DLC.

qKY9NOF.png

All face scanned players looks nice, my boy Harris Andrews looks very good for an un-face scanned player, shame that Rhys the Beast and Mcluggage look a bit off tho, but I guess I can make a few edits in the fanhub eh. Cheers for the vid.

I'm definetely going to give a few players some touch ups. Hippy and Schache at the top of the list.

Harris looks fabulous for a non-facescanned player

O'Meara's scan is pretty damn good. Tom Mitchell underrated in rankings.

With that being said its not as straight forward as the number next to each player as they are rated based on position specified with emphasis appearing to be based on certain criteria. I could be wrong but it does seem to put more weight if a player excels in key areas relevant to their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back