Remove this Banner Ad

Flying_as_One1991

Premium Gold
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Las Vegas Golden Knights, NY Mets
I am holding my first ever AFL Fantasy Draft League with the running of the Laurence Angwin Cup, which is being held in Honour of the 20 year anniversary where the crows selected their biggest draft bust of all time when they selected Laurence Angwin 7th Overall in the 2000 draft from the Dandenong Stingrays

This draft pick still haunts me!!

It is a 16 team/26 player per team league beginning round 1 with the draft commencing Thursday 13th February 2020 at 6pm. It is a slow snake draft where players have a 12hr time limit per pick so don’t have to rush to make your crucial selection just in case you are busy on the night or have other commitments when the draft is on but a quick draft is a good draft so please be mindful that everyone needs to pick before Round 1 starts.

The invitation PIN for Laurence Agwin Cup is: MM2JPNTF

Last edited:

You're gonna need ppl to pick quicker than 24hrs if you're filling 16 teams X 26 players.

I am sure people will. People don’t need that long just helps with people with kids, and other commitments etc that can’t draft straight away. Did one last year and all over in a couple of days

Hey peeps looks like the draft won’t begin until 13th February which sucks but shorten to 12 hours instead of 24

Due to the popularity of the first league I have decided to run a second draft league (I did 2 draft leagues last year which are such a great concept something different to classic)

This one is Honoring the 20 year anniversary of a famous trade which saw the Crows Great and Premiership Ruckman Shaun Rehn traded to Hawthorn for pick 12 then was on traded Port Adelaide for Matthew Bode.

Who did Port use with this pick in the 2000 draft. None other than Shaun Burgoyne!!!! Although Bodey was handy, can you imagine Silk in the tri-colours

Players will battle for the Matthew Bode Cup

Same Rules apply as the last draft league 16 teams, 26 players with a 12hr time limit (with the slow draft style gives time to prepare picks and no feel obligated to be available all the time due to work/life commitments but always keep an eye on the website or app and be aware of other players in the league). The draft commencing 6pm AEST on the Thursday 13th February 2020.

Invitation code for the Matthew Bode Cup is M2HYKRCE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two Days before the draft begins for both leagues!!!!

Although it is a slow draft also Remember to be mindful of others and check when your on the clock!!!

Draft night for the Angwin cup has started!!

Got a mid pick which is a bit 'meh' but oh well.....now how long do we wait before sending someone a reminder??!!

away we go!!

see how we go. People should be keen so hopefully goes quickly

If everyone that joined either league can they state their team name so I know who is who in the leagues

If everyone that joined either league can they state their team name so I know who is who in the leagues
Millwall Stars, use the app
Genuinely won't get this draft done at this rate. Might be worth some people setting up auto pick with their top 10 or so picks if they know they won't be around for their actual pick.
I have picks 13 and 20 in the Bode Cup and we're still on pick 9. I've just put my next 12 names in order on the draft rankings and put it on auto pick. Now it won't matter if I don't check it for 4 or 5 days and I won't be holding anyone up.

Millwall Stars, use the app
Genuinely won't get this draft done at this rate. Might be worth some people setting up auto pick with their top 10 or so picks if they know they won't be around for their actual pick.
I have picks 13 and 20 in the Bode Cup and we're still on pick 9. I've just put my next 12 names in order on the draft rankings and put it on auto pick. Now it won't matter if I don't check it for 4 or 5 days and I won't be holding anyone up.

Legend. That’s the way to do it. It’s really frustrating when people sign up for a league and then don’t do anything or forget.

if they forget the drafting process how they going to manage their teams through the season. Frustrating as I had guys miss out who would have done the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Fantasy Draft League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back