AFL Fixture 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Coburghawk

Debutant
Oct 28, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When does the AFL release the fixture for 2025?

What do people hope for our fixture next year? I think we may play Brisbane in Brisbane in Round 0 and then Essendon at the G in Round 1. We will be in the top 6 grouping so it will be a harder fixture this year.

Last edited:
We can be stone motherless last and still not get the softest draw.
So I expect a tough fixture regardless of where we finished.

Now we are relevant again, I am just hoping for Thursday and Friday night games.
Prime time Hawks in 2025.

We can be stone motherless last and still not get the softest draw.
So I expect a tough fixture regardless of where we finished.

Now we are relevant again, I am just hoping for Thursday and Friday night games.
Prime time Hawks in 2025.
Never a truer statement made. The funny thing is that by the AFL handing us a harder draw in the multiple years where we finished in the bottom 4 I actually think it expedited our rebuild. The HFC has never had anything just handed to it in it's entire existence but it has never stopped us before and it will never stop us in future.

What we did get this year was some consistency with days between games which I think helped us in the long run even if they were at dead times for viewing. The only really dodgy one we had was the two double ups on interstate travel with a six day break inbetween (rounds 4-5) and a seven day break (20-21). Hopefully next season we don't have many six day breaks and no five day breaks. Burge and his crew will be earning their money next year.

Never a truer statement made. The funny thing is that by the AFL handing us a harder draw in the multiple years where we finished in the bottom 4 I actually think it expedited our rebuild. The HFC has never had anything just handed to it in it's entire existence but it has never stopped us before and it will never stop us in future.
The Mornington Peninsula zone? 😉

When does the AFL release the fixture for 2025?

What do people hope for our fixture next year? I think we may play Brisbane in Brisbane in Round 0 and then Essendon at the G in Round 1. We will be in the top 6 grouping so it will be a harder fixture this year.
Only the AFL could invent something so stupid, then repeat it the following year...

What we did get this year was some consistency with days between games which I think helped us in the long run even if they were at dead times for viewing. The only really dodgy one we had was the two double ups on interstate travel with a six day break inbetween (rounds 4-5) and a seven day break (20-21). Hopefully next season we don't have many six day breaks and no five day breaks. Burge and his crew will be earning their money next year.
We did have a period where we played 6 games in 6 different cities. Not ideal.

Was just about to say the same thing. Difficult draws harden us for the finals.

I’d expect us to get upwards of 6-8 night games next year, which is going to be a huge jump from zero.
While I hated being relegated to the Sunday arvo wasteland, my liver probably benefitted from those few years in the wilderness. Time to plug the bar fridge back in again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only the AFL could invent something so stupid, then repeat it the following year...

Pretty sure the AFL did it to capitalise on NRL sides who had an early bye due to playing games in Vegas - so as the Vegas experiment continues you can put good money on it happening again.

Just like Christmas decorations in the shops, the fixture whinging just gets earlier and earlier each year. Tis the season!
Haha.... just be glad that you don't live here.

Christmas time is celebrated during the -ber months.

Starts 1st of September 😕

There are only so many halls that you can deck with boughs of holly.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Fixture 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back