AFL Footy Show 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats been your take on the Footy show this season?
Firstly, it has been really childish, with all those piss jokes about Fev and Kane Johnson.
Secondly, Sam's comments about women in footy. No need for a funny bloke to be like that. I wouldn't have thought he would dig that big of a hole for himself.
Thirdly, Leave Jason Dunstall alone. The constant jokes about Jason Dunstall being an ape are not funny.
Forth, Those jokes about Gary Lyon are just not funny anymore. It's like telling the same fart joke each week.
Fifth, sure Bill Brownless is a funny guy, why pick on him about his small dick?

Those are the reasons why I decided not to watch the footy show half way through the year. I ended up getting pay tv and have been watching AFL Teams, The Winners, Before the Bounce and On the Couch instead.

2009 is a make-or-break year for the Footy Show. If The Footy Show doesn't get its act together by halfway through next year, then be prepared for Channel Nine to possibly read the riot act and tell them 'either improve your performance or we'll dump the Footy Show altogether.' Changes must be made.

Usually the Footy Show starts with fresh material every year, lets hope they do leave behind 99% of this years jokes.
And, why do they have ads every 30 seconds after about 10.30? But, then usually don't have their first break until half an hour into the show?

But, yeah, they really need a revamp, and could we see a 4th host if Crawf hangs up the boots? That will be huge, and I reckon Crawf has the ability to change the show.

I really enjoyed the Brownlow Street Talk, quite a few LOL's, but it's not that hard to be funny when your legless and everyone you talk to is legless.

Sam hasn't been funny for years. Lyon and Brayshaw are not witty or smart enough & not fit to hold a candle next to Eddie (who has become boring and very 'establishment'). Brownless = childish, yobbo humour.

All the footballers are crap and uninteresting.

Street Talk is laughable, Sam is incapable of interviewing anyone with an IQ above 65.

It is beyond crap. They need some professional comedians on the panel.

Before the Game absolutely shits on it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't bring back Eddie, recruit someone who is actually funny!!!

Obviously its going to be difficult, Channel 10 seem to have all of the talent.

i did not think it was too bad. much worse tv shows on as well as other footy shows going around like footy classified. still get a laugh out of the show.
still draws a big crowd like the last footy show was full so it must still be popular.

If Crawf retires, make him a regular panellist.

Like he's not a regular already? The guy is on every second week. Same with Spudola. That's half the problem. Other problems include:

Sam's as funny as the cancer that was cut out of him these days. His mailbag segment goes for near ten minutes and its just crap (this week: Sam gets confused and muddled whilst repeating himself constantly. Lyon and Brayshaw tell him to hurry up *laughter*).

Lyon thinks he's the most intelligent man in football.

Brayshaw is an idiot.

Hutchy should be shot.

The team sheets are rarely correct.

They spend a sickening amount of time mentioning their sponsors, books, shops, eateries, clothing lines.

I couldn't care less if it was axed. I can't watch it live anymore. Have to record and watch it the next morning. Scanning through all the ads and shyte reduces the show's length to about 30 minutes on average. :thumbsu:

/rant

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Footy Show 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back