AFL Game Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is actually a pain to always have to manually pull you player behind the mark - we tried it.

What we have implemented is that the player will automatically, on free kicks and marks, go to get back behing mark but you can pre-empt this at any stage by selecting any action - eg. just keep running, kick, etc... For example if you are Setanta and you mark 2m out in the goal sqare, directly in front, you can just rush it through for a behind by playing on instead of going back and taking your kick.

Ah ok, thanks for the reply :thumbsu:

So what happens with shots at goal? Does it have a proper run in or is it just like a kick in general play?

Well to be honest.... I am. I'm the star child.

Ross, how hard is it to make the AFL game compared to the Rugby game?
LOL kerrby, what a lad.

BigAnt, so will there be run ups in the game, we didn't really get an answer in your question.

So all drAfting / trade week be more realistic this time?

LOL kerrby, what a lad.

BigAnt, so will there be run ups in the game, we didn't really get an answer in your question.

Yeah - I don't think I'll be going there :)

You walk back on the mark and take a deliberate run/walk in at the man on the mark, is that what you mean? (There are separate controls for kicking at goal in general play.)

West-Coast-7.gif

???

????

How balanced will the game be? For example, in AFL 2007 I had midfielders gathering 40 touches each where as defenders were very very lucky to hit double digits, likewise for the forwards.

Well I guess that is more likely to happen in real AFL anyway. I don't think that would be a problem.

Well I guess that is more likely to happen in real AFL anyway. I don't think that would be a problem.

But that would include half-forwards and half-backs, in AFL 2007 they grab 10 touches where as now you expect Jack Grimes and Ryan O'Keefe to get 20 plus every week, and they do

So when will the AFL one be out and what are the new features of it like can you create a team or something. Any screen shots thanks. Whats the price $$$$$$$$$$$$$

So when will the AFL one be out and what are the new features of it like can you create a team or something. Any screen shots thanks. Whats the price $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Partly answered for you:

By the way, instead of us asking heaps of questions and just being ignored, do you think BigAntStudios, that you can clear out any specific questions that we can't ask. Just stops repetitiveness.

Thanks.

Release Date :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Season/Career mode (..if there is one? hopefully!) are you able to control more than one team during the season? - or is it always 1 player controlled team and 15 AI teams?

Would be good fun if you could control all of the teams in the league (no AI) and go through the season with mates - each one controlling a separate team and play through the all of the 22 rounds and finals like that.

Nice post.

I always steer away from game balancing via penalties that take a player below what would be considered "0", you should always, in my opinion get your base stat. That's not to say that your opposition, having played well or having seen how bad you are playing don't get a lift from it.

That said, most games have "catch up" - meaning the worse you are the easier it is to score/drive/whatever, this has been done all the way back to NBA Jam. I understand the idea of reward for good play (the old NBA Jam "he's on fire"), but there is something to be said to negating someone getting the daylights belted out of them.... particularily online, as it demotivates people and has them leave the online space.
So you'll be employing a catch up system? The last AFL game had it but it wasn't really implemented to the point that it ever really worked to stop any flow people had (thus constant 200 point wins, etc.). Hope if there is it can work a bit better than this (depending on how difficult the game is of course) all sports game have it nowadays and it seems most have it down to the fine line where it ups the challenge but isn't ridiculous in that you just get overrun easily.

Does or can a catch up system work online? Considering the majority of how it plays comes down to the player controlling is there a way to implement it without really compromising someone who is just genuinely better?

I like the idea that SSP put up, I think rewarding good form is always something that if applied can improve the game and in such a momentum sport like AFL it could be something that really brings the poor teams up to the levels of the better teams. That said there's probably way too many balancing issues that can come into play if implemented without a whole lot of forethought. Could be something to really work on amongst the other things over a few more years to come?
Coxy, it might've been funny once upon a time. But now it has gone so far beyond funny that it's just cringeworthy. Stop asking, there's obviously not going to be an answer and you are adding nothing by constantly putting the question marks.

I assume there will be some sort of season/career mode given they are in every sport game. So when it comes to recruiting, are the rookies just randomly created (for example Majak O'hAilpin) or have rookies actually been purposely made with specific attributes (like in some of the bigger sport titles)?

Apologies if it has been addressed earlier, but really the thread is 50 pages long...

A quick question too.

What sort of stat tracking will there be? Will we just get the usual Kicks, Handballs, Disposals, Marks, Goals, Behinds, Tackles, Hitouts, Free's For and Against? Or will they go a bit more in-depth and go into stuff like Inside 50's, Disposal Efficiency, Clangers, DreamTeam/Supercoach stuff like that?

Can you provide any more information on the difficulty of the game? I don't want to have to go through a season winning by 100+ points every game.

Coxy, it might've been funny once upon a time. But now it has gone so far beyond funny that it's just cringeworthy. Stop asking, there's obviously not going to be an answer and you are adding nothing by constantly putting the question marks.

i'm not trying to be funny i just want to know whether the jumper is in the game. i couldnt give a shit what you think about it

so why would it be in the game? Wouldn't they use 2009 jumpers????

Just asking as I have NFI but would have assumed that would be the way you'd do it rather than a 10 year old away strip????

Because he is in the Ochre fan club of one and has the chance to ask the developers :)

Because he is in the Ochre fan club of one and has the chance to ask the developers :)
theres more than one ant

theres at least 2-3

btw would it be that hard to put in a lot of guernseys? surely its something that wouldnt be too hard to do

plus im sure everyone has a jumper thats not currently worn that they love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back