AFL grand final Draw - Full Replay or Extra Time

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears I'm in the minority but I loved the drama of the replay in 2010, everyone having to get up and do it again, the elimination of all those corporate packages and more fans getting to see it. Yeah, it's a shame the game didn't live up to it, but the win feels more deserving. The best team wins, not necessarily the least fatigued.
Yeah, I don't understand why everyone was so negative about it, as if both sides just lost 50 games in a row. It seems to me more like another great opportunity to win a premiership. I enjoyed the build up to the 2010 replay, since it was a unique situation. Extra time I think is probably the best option for the players, though, I don't think any of them wanted a replay.

A Grand Final replay was fine in the days of the VFL but it's no good in a national competition.
If there is a non-Victorian in the Grand Final Replay then it could/should be played on their home ground as the MCG contact had been fulfilled the week before.

If there is a non-Victorian in the Grand Final Replay then it could/should be played on their home ground as the MCG contact had been fulfilled the week before.
But has it? That depends on the wording of the contract. The contract may well just say something to affect of "grand finals" or "all grand finals"; and not "one grand final a year".

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL grand final Draw - Full Replay or Extra Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back