• Afternoon

Votes: 262 61.9%
  • Twilight

Votes: 124 29.3%
  • Night

Votes: 37 8.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it would rate higher, but not high enough to justify moving it into that timeslot when over 80% of the fan base wants it left exactly where it is.

You just cannot use 2020 and 2021 as an example in this argument, especially as dishonestly as you did by omitting the major contributing factor as to why it rated so well.
The Major contributing factor to 2020 and 2021 rating higher was it being at night.

Your first point is correct however. Its a grapple between getting the most money and biggest ratings, and what the Core fanbsase would prefer.

The Major contributing factor to 2020 and 2021 rating higher was it being at night.

Your first point is correct however. Its a grapple between getting the most money and biggest ratings, and what the Core fanbsase would prefer.

You don't believe the major contributing factor was everybody in the state of Victoria being locked in their home with only their television?

It turned what might usually be a part of 20 people watching 1 TV into 20 individual units watching the same game.
That was always going to have a massive impact on the rating, no matter what time of day it was played.

It's why you combine the two, I don't want a night grand final, but twilight combines a bit of the best of both elements day and night, it's why it's the obvious long term solution.

The only reason to keep the grand final at 2:30 is "bUt Te Alwaz bEEn tHaT"

Starts too early, everyone is cooked by 6pm after firing up the BBQ at midday. Play it from 5pm.

Only thing worse than the current time would a late game, gane see the morons running AFL start it at 8pm to make sure Channel Seven"talent" get as many hours as possible to cross promote shit shows in the lead up.

It's why you combine the two, I don't want a night grand final, but twilight combines a bit of the best of both elements day and night, it's why it's the obvious long term solution.
I think its the best time to play the Grand final - Every twilight final I've been to confirms this for me.

But I don't think it gives the TV boost as the Night GF would and it annoys tradionatalists just as much so it will never be worth it.

I think its the best time to play the Grand final - Every twilight final I've been to confirms this for me.

But I don't think it gives the TV boost as the Night GF would and it annoys tradionatalists just as much so it will never be worth it.

You're adding about 500k in twilight and about 1 million in night time I think. To give people an idea, 1 million viewers usually gives you the top rating program on Australian tv each night, so that's how many people you're leaving on the table with a Saturday afternoon game at the moment, minimum.

I think 7 would be happy with twilight, the cats v lions game was the highest rating of any sport league this year in Australia, pre gf.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final start time - Afternoon, twilight or night

Back