TheSaviour

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2006
London
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Australia.
$1500 is the going rate apparently. Also all packages have been sold out. Good result for the AFL and it's GF monoplolised ticketing system.

Not really.
The AFL would be better off selling them for more rather than scalpers & on-sellers making all the $$$

Anyway - there are tickets going around the $1000 on this site if you have time to go through the many threads and ready between the lines & PM/email people. Less for standing.

And if that does become the price - people are stupid. As of this morning you could still buy tickets from a number of clubs for $1150 with a hospitality package included.

Not really.
The AFL would be better off selling them for more rather than scalpers & on-sellers making all the $$$

Anyway - there are tickets going around the $1000 on this site if you have time to go through the many threads and ready between the lines & PM/email people. Less for standing.

And if that does become the price - people are stupid. As of this morning you could still buy tickets from a number of clubs for $1150 with a hospitality package included.

And as of around lunchtime they were all sold out. People aren't stupid but they are very keen to go.

I wouldn't onsell, but it's a service people want and one I'd use if I had to - and I'd rather pay another individual the money, than give extra to the AFL who have stripped half the supply for their own reasons and who have more than enough income anyway.

Not really.

Quite correct. There are 58,040 Collingwood members. There are 40,544 Saints members. There are 30,000 Full AFL members and another 22,000 Silver members. There are about 11,000 AFL members with Collingwood club support and about 3,000 AFL members with St Kilda club support. There are 60,286 Full MCG members, 39,994 Restricted MCG members and 194,097 people on the MCG membership waiting list.

They're not all gonna fit.

The AFL would get a better price if they fixed a minimum price and then allowed people to tender their best offer for them.

Of course its a ****ing monoply, who else should be selling AFL grand final tickets except the AFL?

Travel agencies, tour companies, ticket resellers, dozens of companies.

A shitload of companies sell grand final tickets other than the AFL. However, all are 'authorised' by the AFL. This restricts supply, and consequently makes it more expensive for the average fan to get a ticket.

Geez, makes me wonder whether I should sell my ticket! Didnt realise they were going for that much! Mine is on the Ground Level near the front.

Hi guys, I'm getting desperate, has anyone got a spare ticket?? Standing room, nose bleed sections, restricted views, I don't mind. Willing to pay up to $350. Please message me if your interested. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back