AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Wii has a team editor too but there's no option to start a new team. Unless it's hidden somewhere and I can't find it.

I'm reading the original press release for AFL Live 2. "Edit teams and create players in the Footy Factory". There has to be a team creator with those options already in there.

I'm reading the original press release for AFL Live 2. "Edit teams and create players in the Footy Factory". There has to be a team creator with those options already in there.

You'd think so but I doubt it. They'd make an achievement for making a team if there's one for making a player.

The Numbers Game
gp-g.png
Win an online game with exactly 20 goals and 13 behinds in AFL Live 2.

If someone tries to get that against me I'm rushing a behind!

From what I can gather, WW have basically copied and paste all features from AFL Wii.
Now I could be wrong, but I highly doubt they would replicate the EXACT same game onto another console and call it the second installment of a previous game they didn't make.
Considering there is no major difference in terms of features to AFL Wii, one would assume they have just focused on the Gameplay.
I don't understand how you could possibly think they are going to keep everything the same. The gameplay on AFL Wii was clearly made like that specifically to be more like an actual Wii game experience and not a console copy and paste.
On one of the screenshots where North are lining up for goal, it clearly shows a similar build to the first AFL live. In terms of the controls eg. press x for a set shot. I'm guessing they have tried to replicate and maybe even better AFL live in terms of Gameplay. By doing that and adding the features from AFL Wii, it would already be better than AFL Live 1. I'm sure if they didn't have to focus on gameplay, there would be more features as well.
Now, I could be totally wrong, maybe they actually are that stupid and have copied and paste the exact same game. But come on guys, even WW can't be that stupid. Gameplay would surely have to be a priority in all of this.
It seems as though people just look to attack because they are bu**hurt that Big Ant aren't making the game. I would also rather Big Ant make it but that isn't the case so build a bridge and get over it. I know I'll probably get a few sprays over this, but it's expected. I just really hope they prove you all wrong and show who the real fanboys are in all of this.

From what I can gather, WW have basically copied and paste all features from AFL Wii.
Now I could be wrong, but I highly doubt they would replicate the EXACT same game onto another console and call it the second installment of a previous game they didn't make.
Considering there is no major difference in terms of features to AFL Wii, one would assume they have just focused on the Gameplay.
I don't understand how you could possibly think they are going to keep everything the same. The gameplay on AFL Wii was clearly made like that specifically to be more like an actual Wii game experience and not a console copy and paste.
On one of the screenshots where North are lining up for goal, it clearly shows a similar build to the first AFL live. In terms of the controls eg. press x for a set shot. I'm guessing they have tried to replicate and maybe even better AFL live in terms of Gameplay. By doing that and adding the features from AFL Wii, it would already be better than AFL Live 1. I'm sure if they didn't have to focus on gameplay, there would be more features as well.
Now, I could be totally wrong, maybe they actually are that stupid and have copied and paste the exact same game. But come on guys, even WW can't be that stupid. Gameplay would surely have to be a priority in all of this.
It seems as though people just look to attack because they are bu**hurt that Big Ant aren't making the game. I would also rather Big Ant make it but that isn't the case so build a bridge and get over it. I know I'll probably get a few sprays over this, but it's expected. I just really hope they prove you all wrong and show who the real fanboys are in all of this.

Yeah, they think Wicked Witch have only been working on this for ten minutes or something, but they've been developing AFL games for the past four years. I like you having a positive outlook, instead of all this negativity for a game we having even seen in action.

Did anyone notice the Wicked Win achievement, It has the Wicked Witch logo.

No that's a bit silly leaving that in there :)

If anyone is a member there can they please let the admins know that Big Ant Studios did not develop the game as is indicated on their page?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they made AFL Wii shit because it was on Wii? Surely if they were a decent developer they would've still made a decent game out of it, regardless of what system they were working on.

This has been said before, nobody cares that the game was 'arcadey' the problem was the game wasn't good.

The problem with what WW have seemingly done in porting the Wii game over to the PS3 and 360 is that a) The porting process isn't a quick and easy thing, especially having to upscale from an engine like that used on the Wii. And b) In order to bring the Wii version up to par with AFL Live, it would take a LOT of work. Both of these things could not have been completed within the 12-18 months that they would've had.
Yeah, they think Wicked Witch have only been working on this for ten minutes or something, but they've been developing AFL games for the past four years.
And yet they still don't know how to make a good one?

So they made AFL Wii shit because it was on Wii? Surely if they were a decent developer they would've still made a decent game out of it, regardless of what system they were working on.

This has been said before, nobody cares that the game was 'arcadey' the problem was the game wasn't good.

The problem with what WW have seemingly done in porting the Wii game over to the PS3 and 360 is that a) The porting process isn't a quick and easy thing, especially having to upscale from an engine like that used on the Wii. And b) In order to bring the Wii version up to par with AFL Live, it would take a LOT of work. Both of these things could not have been completed within the 12-18 months that they would've had.And yet they still don't know how to make a good one?

Well, that's opinion. There were a few reviews giving it higher scores than AFL Live.

The problem with what WW have seemingly done in porting the Wii game over to the PS3 and 360 is that a) The porting process isn't a quick and easy thing, especially having to upscale from an engine like that used on the Wii. And b) In order to bring the Wii version up to par with AFL Live, it would take a LOT of work. Both of these things could not have been completed within the 12-18 months that they would've had.

Honestly what do you expect from a Wii game? Especially making something as difficult as AFL. Sure, they could have done a better job, but if you doubt them because their Wii game is shit, I don't really understand that. Sure it may be an import, but as I said, it's not going to be an exact replica of the Wii version.
Regardless, my point is the game will not be the same. Other than it's features and what not. The gameplay shouldn't be. This is what I don't understand. People have no idea what it'll be like but assume it'll be as bad as the Wii version of the game... A Wii version...I'm sure any developer has enough brains to only improve on a Wii version.
You could be right in saying it will be shit, but for now you couldn't possibly know this. It's best to save the judgement until we get an actual look at it.

Yeah, they think Wicked Witch have only been working on this for ten minutes or something, but they've been developing AFL games for the past four years. I like you having a positive outlook, instead of all this negativity for a game we having even seen in action.
Tbh, I've never really understood the whole 'positive outlook' thing. It's actually rather delusional, in the sense that your seeing things as you want them to be rather than seeing things for what they really are.

In this case, all I've seen so far is a fairly ordinary game on the Wii and some screenshots of players with the wrong coloured hair who are standing still instead of leading and aren't even watching the play while kicking with their wrong foot.

Honestly what do you expect from a Wii game? Especially making something as difficult as AFL. Sure, they could have done a better job, but if you doubt them because their Wii game is shit, I don't really understand that. Sure it may be an import, but as I said, it's not going to be an exact replica of the Wii version.
Regardless, my point is the game will not be the same. Other than it's features and what not. The gameplay shouldn't be. This is what I don't understand. People have no idea what it'll be like but assume it'll be as bad as the Wii version of the game... A Wii version...I'm sure any developer has enough brains to only improve on a Wii version.
You could be right in saying it will be shit, but for now you couldn't possibly know this. It's best to save the judgement until we get an actual look at it.
What don't you understand about treating the merits of a developer based on their previous experience with the same franchise?

The Wii is a competent game development system, it has good games on it and any developer worth their salt can make a good game on that system.

Wicked Witch failed (considerably so) to do that on the Wii, so why should we be expecting anything better from another game?

As I've said before, we can only go on what we DO know, not what we haven't seen. And right now, this is looking like a port of the Wii game from an inferior developer and if they've had 12-18 months to make this game, drastic improvements are going to be next to impossible to implement and implement well. Especially so starting from the base of the Wii game, which was a mess gameplay wise.

Tbh, I've never really understood the whole 'positive outlook' thing. It's actually rather delusional, in the sense that your seeing things as you want them to be rather than seeing things for what they really are.

In this case, all I've seen so far is a fairly ordinary game on the Wii and some screenshots of players with the wrong coloured hair who are standing still instead of leading and aren't even watching the play while kicking with their wrong foot.

lol, you're talking about delusional, when you haven't even seen the gameplay and act like you've played this game inside and out. Oh, and stop the nitpicking, those little minor error's don't take away from the players enjoyment, you're just overjoyed with negativity I'm afraid. Hey, maybe I'm wrong (sure that'd make you happy) and I play it and it sucks, at least I waited to see and test out the gameplay, not judge it from screenshots!!!

I will probably buy it just because of the career mode and additional features. Unless it is literally unplayable, I will likely play it.

I mean, AFL 07 was shite but I played the hell out of that. AFL 06 was better than 07 and I still play that from time to time. If only we had the best of both worlds.

lol, you're talking about delusional, when you haven't even seen the gameplay and act like you've played this game inside and out. Oh, and stop the nitpicking, those little minor error's don't take away from the players enjoyment, you're just overjoyed with negativity I'm afraid. Hey, maybe I'm wrong (sure that'd make you happy) and I play it and it sucks, at least I waited to see and test out the gameplay, not judge it from screenshots!!!

Jeepers! ...ease up there, cowboy.

Players standing still instead of leading at the ball carrier doesn't take away from the player's enjoyment? That's a fairly naive statement, isn't it?

As for you thinking I'm being overly negative, I think that's a by-product of you being overly positive. I wouldn't still be here if I wasn't interested in playing this game, and I hope it's the best damn game I've ever played just as much as the next guy here does, but that doesn't stop me from looking at the situation with a cold eye.

What don't you understand about treating the merits of a developer based on their previous experience with the same franchise?

The Wii is a competent game development system, it has good games on it and any developer worth their salt can make a good game on that system.

Wicked Witch failed (considerably so) to do that on the Wii, so why should we be expecting anything better from another game?

As I've said before, we can only go on what we DO know, not what we haven't seen. And right now, this is looking like a port of the Wii game from an inferior developer and if they've had 12-18 months to make this game, drastic improvements are going to be next to impossible to implement and implement well. Especially so starting from the base of the Wii game, which was a mess gameplay wise.

If you look at the screenshots, you can already see it has elements from AFL Live, including the goal kicking system, which obviously indicates it's not a direct port of the Wii version. The lighting is better, and the player models look as good if not better, stadium detail looks better. It's clear they've taken elements from BOTH the Wii and console versions and combined them (which is good, they both had features that the other didn't). 12-18 months is plenty of time..... Seeing as they've got more experience developing AFL games than Big Ant. Look at the improvement of AFL Challenge to AFL Wii.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back