AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we getting another line-up tonight?

Just for you:

imag0084w.jpg

Wow thanks for that,

would prob get rid of Lovett Murray, Reimers, Lonnergan and maybe Dempsy for a more accurate best 22.

Also no Pears is a pretty big omission, he is one of our best -_-

From the sounds of it, you ain't a customer.

"Also, if they havn't named it Metricon stadium then will they have updates throughout the season aswell as updating the squads like FIFA does. If so, ill buy it"

While the customer ultimately dictates how this game ends up, not everything can be added in the timeline it takes to get everything built for this game from the ground up and to a stage where EVERYONE that has played it says the gameplay is absolutely fantastic.

Honestly I ask why is it disappointing because that little insignificant factoid of having DLC updated teams is so minor compared to anything else that I don't personally see anything disappointing in not having DLC updated teams. Not to mention there is a fairly significant process and cost to doing as such...

"While the customer ultimately dictates how this game ends up, not everything can be added in the timeline it takes to
get everything built for this game from the ground up"
This is why we have updates so that they can include more features and repair the game if their is something wrong. It happens in majority of games these day when their is something needed to fix, they fix it via updates. Also i quotes ill buy it because it is one of the features that i value the most. Some value game play, some value graphics but i value all of these put together. You can have a game that has extremely good game play in which is flawless and then the graphics could be horrible. It just doesn't add up. Since that you have quoted my post from a previous conversation with another gentleman being Melbourne MArtin then maybe you would like to look further back into my posts since that i declare that i have pre-ordered AFL Live 2011 and i can't wait. Also, do you feel that you should have to raise that everyone has liked it, i read these posts every day and i rarely ever see a negative comment, 95% of the posts are positive which is fantastic for a up and coming title. And once again you ask why it is disappointing, i clearly have written my thoughts on that particular topic therefore it is not necessary for me to raise it once again. If we were to have a poll asking people what would they prefer updates or no updates, i'm pretty sure that updates would win, therefore it is necessary since that the customers want it. Did Bigant build this game for themselves or the public???? Obviously the public although who knows these days, apparently they are supposed to be releasing this game before April 21st yet we havn't even been given a release date and the game hasn't reached approval. It's been delayed before and chances are it will be delayed again...................

A demo in WA - i'll start by saying thats good news.

But MIDLAND!!! I know Glenno has the highest pre-orders and is an avid follower of the game, so yes, it makes sense.

But generally speaking, the demo in Midland makes it very difficult for the vast majority of perth people to go along, or want to go along out there. Ross....when you get there you'll know what i mean. My advice, dont take the train.

Since you're coming all this way, surely it makes sense to done another in the city.

Cheers for that Mate.

Wow, my lineup would be completely Different.

F: Crameri Hurley Davey
HF: Jetta Ryder Monfries
C: Windelich Stanton Zaharakis
HB: Meyers Hooker Dempsey
B: Fletcher Pears Lovett-Murray
Foll: Hille Watson Hocking
Int: Prismall Mcveigh Heppel
Sub: Melksham

Emg: Bellchambers Hibberd Hardingham

Gumbleton, Howlett and Reimers unlucky to miss out.

Best 22
FB: Dustin Fletcher Tayte Pears Henry Slattery
HB: Dyson Heppell Cale Hooker Courtenay Dempsey
C: David Zaharakis Jobe Watson Mark McVeigh
HF: Angus Monfries Scott Gumbleton Michael Hurley
FF: Leroy Jetta Patrick Ryder Alwyn Davey
FOLL: David Hille Brent Stanton Heath Hocking
I/C: Ben Howlett Jason Winderlich Stewart Crameri
SUB: Michael Hibberd

This was posted on the afl website as Essendon's best 22. Why doesn't big ants have paddy ryder on the ground, he one of our best players. And why isn't tayte pears in, he is also one of our best players and if you say because he was injured, then why is Hille in, he has been injured and so has Courtney Dempsey

A demo in WA - i'll start by saying thats good news.

But MIDLAND!!! I know Glenno has the highest pre-orders and is an avid follower of the game, so yes, it makes sense.

But generally speaking, the demo in Midland makes it very difficult for the vast majority of perth people to go along, or want to go along out there. Ross....when you get there you'll know what i mean. My advice, dont take the train.

Since you're coming all this way, surely it makes sense to done another in the city.

Its only real bad for south of the river folk

With the freeways and highways its not that far from the likes of Armadale right through to Mirrabooka. Even from the city its only 30 mins

Only a 30 min drive to come see my ugly mug

Good deal!

P.S i guess you can come see the game too

This was posted on the afl website as Essendon's best 22. Why doesn't big ants have paddy ryder on the ground, he one of our best players. And why isn't tayte pears in, he is also one of our best players and if you say because he was injured, then why is Hille in, he has been injured and so has Courtney Dempsey

What does it matter? If you don't like it change it in game. Simple.

With the freeways and highways its not that far from the likes of Armadale right through to Mirrabooka. Even from the city its only 30 mins

Good deal!

At least I now know where Glenno's store is. Bit far for me to pre-order there, though.

I will, however, make my way to play the demo, given it is well before release. If it's like the day before release... well, probably no point.

And we Perth guys can't complain about having to travel to Midland. We kept giving Victorians shit when they complained about having to travel to a store not in their local area (although they do have way more demo sessions).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, fair call. if you're keen to see the game then you'd do it.

Hope it goes well for your Glenno.

Maybe someone could check at a play session or someone might already know if there is a twilight/dusk setting. I ask because the recent video of collingwood vs Sydney from a recent playtest didn't look like day or night match but looked like a twilight match

Good deal!

If Ross can fly from Melbourne, surely the WA ppl can drive to Midlands.

"While the customer ultimately dictates how this game ends up, not everything can be added in the timeline it takes to
get everything built for this game from the ground up"
This is why we have updates so that they can include more features and repair the game if their is something wrong. It happens in majority of games these day when their is something needed to fix, they fix it via updates. Also i quotes ill buy it because it is one of the features that i value the most. Some value game play, some value graphics but i value all of these put together. You can have a game that has extremely good game play in which is flawless and then the graphics could be horrible. It just doesn't add up. Since that you have quoted my post from a previous conversation with another gentleman being Melbourne MArtin then maybe you would like to look further back into my posts since that i declare that i have pre-ordered AFL Live 2011 and i can't wait. Also, do you feel that you should have to raise that everyone has liked it, i read these posts every day and i rarely ever see a negative comment, 95% of the posts are positive which is fantastic for a up and coming title. And once again you ask why it is disappointing, i clearly have written my thoughts on that particular topic therefore it is not necessary for me to raise it once again. If we were to have a poll asking people what would they prefer updates or no updates, i'm pretty sure that updates would win, therefore it is necessary since that the customers want it. Did Bigant build this game for themselves or the public???? Obviously the public although who knows these days, apparently they are supposed to be releasing this game before April 21st yet we havn't even been given a release date and the game hasn't reached approval. It's been delayed before and chances are it will be delayed again...................
Honestly this is one of the hardest posts I have ever read, so I don't know why I replying if I'm just gonna get more terrible shit like this again. But here we go.

You can't have it both ways, simple as that.

"The customer is always right". Well what happens when 2 customers have differing opinions? Who is right then? It's not that your argument is easy to poke holes through, it's more that it's just a terrible example when we're talking about a game developed from the ground up by a company with a budget not even close to a moons touching distance of those 'majority of games' that have DLC these days.

The funny part is that you then go on and talk about "chances are it will be delayed again". Now let me ask you this, if all these wonderful features were to be put into this game (and right now I'm talking about every single feature the 'right customers' want), exactly how long do you think it would be to actually bring it out to the public? Here's a hint, IT WOULD NEVER COME.

There needs to be a stopping point for a developer to go "ok we've got the main selling point of our game - gameplay - as good as it's going to get right now so other features, if we're to release this title sometime soon may have to fall by the wayside for now". The point of that is, that should the gameplay be good enough, people will buy the game and from that we will see another title in 18-24 months, to which MORE features can then be added.

It's about building a foundation to become a game that can have constant DLC, that can have trading and drafting in a season mode, that can have Be A Pro. But to get to that point there needs to be a starting off point and right now and right here BigAnt have decided that the gameplay is that starting point and again as you have seen everyone loves it and says it is very enjoyable. That right there is a selling point, that right there is what will keep the game going until the next version where more and more features can be added. But not everything can be done right now, because there is just not enough time.

Realise that what BigAnt want is what is not only best for the fans, but best for fans of football and gaming, if they COULD have all previous mentioned features do you really not think they would? It's just that for building a game for 3 years and getting the gameplay where it is, other features HAD to step aside otherwise that gameplay wouldn't be where it is now.

Are we getting another line-up tonight?

Yes - however melbournemartin was spot on (Spooky!) - Essendon is next - my list is in the next post.

At least I now know where Glenno's store is. Bit far for me to pre-order there, though.

I will, however, make my way to play the demo, given it is well before release. If it's like the day before release... well, probably no point.

And we Perth guys can't complain about having to travel to Midland. We kept giving Victorians shit when they complained about having to travel to a store not in their local area (although they do have way more demo sessions).

Yeah, I have to admit to having a laugh when people started up after giving it to the guys here in victoria :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back