AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 16 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else waking up and thinking.. how am i going to waste today. just because you dont want to do anything other than play AFL Live??

Is anyone else waking up and thinking.. how am i going to waste today. just because you dont want to do anything other than play AFL Live??

Me... I lost my job yesterday (Yay:thumbsu: ) and i cant turn the ps3 on while I'm thinking about this game.

I hope that the people who pre-ordered online get the game on the release date and not the following wednesday due to easter weekend and ANZAC tuesday :(

Me... I lost my job yesterday (Yay:thumbsu: ) and i cant turn the ps3 on while I'm thinking about this game.

I hope that the people who pre-ordered online get the game on the release date and not the following wednesday due to easter weekend and ANZAC tuesday :(

I've preordered my online through EB which i also did for RLL and i received my copy of RLL the monday before the offical release.

So i'm hoping the same happens with AFL LIVE

EB head office is in Brisbane so when ever they ship the game out i will get it the next working day

PC version is coming out later due to piracy fears, Ross said roughly 3 months later if i remember correctly.

Well 2 to 3 mths I can live with, Dam pirates is right,
Although would this actually stop them, as I am sure other game devlopers and movie publishers know, it's near impossible to stop it.

Don't PS3 and Xbox games also get pirated?
Not that I have ever looked or condone.
But a mate of mine says they do.

Anyway 2 mths lets hope as that still puts it into middle of afl season.

As someone who works in Market Reasearch and deal with marketers, I do wonder if maybe by delaying it, will mean you miss a % of your potenetial market.
Just a thought.

Cheers
Phil

Well 2 to 3 mths I can live with, Dam pirates is right,
Although would this actually stop them, as I am sure other game devlopers and movie publishers know, it's near impossible to stop it.

Don't PS3 and Xbox games also get pirated?
Not that I have ever looked or condone.
But a mate of mine says they do.

As someone who works in Market Reasearch and deal with marketers, I do wonder if maybe by delaying it, will mean you miss a % of your potenetial market.
Just a thought.

Cheers
Phil

Consoles can get pirated but the rates are not as high and it's not as easy to do. PC piracy is rampant and harder to stop/curtail.

I've preordered my online through EB which i also did for RLL and i received my copy of RLL the monday before the offical release.

So i'm hoping the same happens with AFL LIVE

EB head office is in Brisbane so when ever they ship the game out i will get it the next working day

Ok cool, so I should get the game 2 business days later being in Melbourne :) It would be really sweet if they released it the same as RLL because by memory i received that two days before the release.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think 2-3 months is ok, as there's still a lot of the season to go. If it had been 6 months (looks like this isn't the case) then it would have an impact I think, obviously because the season would have been well and truly over.

There'll probably be some that will lose interest...but not me!

I was about to enter the competition when I realised I actually want to PAY for this game. I want Big Ant to make a big enough profit so they can keep adding to the series. I don't want this to be the only one.

Hi all,
I've been following this thread literally since day one but had no need to post. I've finally decided to share the excitement surrounding this game.
I went to the play test at Northland and enjoyed my first go at it.
I am on the tram to the city at the moment and will hopefully be able to put some faces to usernames.
Cheers.

came back from the Elizabeth St testing..

I was involved in an epic battle against my mate (Saints vs. Hawks)..

a fellow BF'er was on-hand to record the final quarter....

hopefully it makes it to yewtewb...

stay tewned for the result

Just like saac I've also been following this thread a while but hadn't had a chance to post or been skimming through the pages trying to find the answers to my questions.
Anyways...

After reading everything in this thread I was pretty excited about the game so I went down to Gametraders at highpoint to check it out.

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT.

I love so much infact I can't even bring myself to play fifa(which i play alot of) I just want to play afl.

Everything from the ruck contests to the marking contests to the goal kicking is great.
my only gripe is even with fast players it is had to run past opposition players. But there are ways around that. Like most people have said on this forum handball is your friend.
Even people who struggled with the controls were able to get into it after about 2-3 games.
The best match I played was with a couple of people who had played a few games.
We were the Saints against Collingwood(not my choice but I had made my teamate play as the Hawks the last game)
Match went pretty much goal for goal until the 3rd qtr when we kicked 4 in a row to go 3 goals up. You can definatly feel the momentum change just like Ross has said. Then in the last Collingwood kicked a hard fought goal and then kicked the next 2 and the game ended in a draw!
It was epic and definatly drew you in emotionaly.

The only glitch we noticed was in one game I gave away a 50 for tackling a player after he marked the ball. He was about 30m out from goal so ump took him to the goalsquare and the game froze :(
Then some little squares appered in the bottom left corner sorta like a loading thing.
We told the guy from HES, Neil I think that we broke the game.
He looked a little worried and then he grabbed his phone and I think he was sending a msg to Ross.
Hopefully this doesn't happen in the full version as this is a fantastic game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice,
i probably wont be able to make it to glenno's store on Saturday, so all this cloverfield style footage is awesome and much appreciated :thumbsu:

i think he also got a bit of the first qtr when the hawkers kicked a few quick ones & looked very dangerous... saints steadied tho & tippy ended up being the difference...

keen to see the footage..

great game - 3 weeks cannot come quick enough...

i think he also got a bit of the first qtr when the hawkers kicked a few quick ones & looked very dangerous... saints steadied tho & tippy ended up being the difference...

as expected, Hawks were a rabble when it counted.

hopefully the first quarter goes up to get that celebration of yours

Its funny you hear all this stuff about multiplayer and not much about the AI. Hopefully the AI is challenging and smart.

But really the most fun I have had on an AFL game is with mates and some beers just ripping into each other and having some nail biting games.

I was talking to a guy from BigAnt today at the play test and he said that he played on the hardest difficulty and still found it challenging. I gathered that he usually won but had to maintain concentration the whole time. He also mentioned that he had never won a premiership on the hardest difficulty.

Was at the play test today, 2nd time around. Definitely enjoyed it more as I began to learn the controls. I think 2 vs 2 where players are of roughly equal skill are going to be bananas with games won of lost off the ball. i.e. in defence do you run off or blanket the other player.

Anyway, favourable impression of the game remains, crappy TV and all. Dying to see how this title will stand up after a few weeks of intense gameplay.

as expected, Hawks were a rabble when it counted.

hopefully the first quarter goes up to get that celebration of yours
HAHAHA THAT CELEBRATION!

I did record both first and last quarters in full. The best thing was that apart from the last game this match was the best of the day (and definitely the highest scoring).

Unfortunately the TV was pretty shitty and running on component cables so the overall quality is down despite it being in 720p. But it's watchable.

Will have both vids up hopefully within an hour or so.:thumbsu::D

And as said by a couple of others here, the game is still holding up to what is now my 3rd playtest. There's so much depth to the gameplay that I'm still finding nuances and little touches that make the controls even better. This truly is a game to test the FIFA's and NBA 2K's of the world.

The last game of the day was a corker too, low scoring affair between West Coast (myself and another guy) and Adelaide. Went into the last quarter down by a few points, managed to fight for a goal from a VERY scrappy quarter to nail one late with the Frenchman LeCras. 4 minutes to go at this point and Adelaide absolutely smash the ball out of the ruck to the running mid who boots it down to the Chris Knights who slots it home easily. 2:30 left. We win the ruck and just keep pushing it forward, manage to get a kick down into the forward line and Naitanui has it, but gets taken down from behind, the ball spills loose and the Q STICK gets his awkward right boot to it to kick the winning goal.

Was truly a superb match and got REALLY tense in the dying minutes. A fantastic way to end the day.

The last game of the day was a corker too, low scoring affair between West Coast (myself and another guy) and Adelaide. Went into the last quarter down by a few points, managed to fight for a goal from a VERY scrappy quarter to nail one late with the Frenchman LeCras. 4 minutes to go at this point and Adelaide absolutely smash the ball out of the ruck to the running mid who boots it down to the Chris Knights who slots it home easily. 2:30 left. We win the ruck and just keep pushing it forward, manage to get a kick down into the forward line and Naitanui has it, but gets taken down from behind, the ball spills loose and the Q STICK gets his awkward right boot to it to kick the winning goal.

Was truly a superb match and got REALLY tense in the dying minutes. A fantastic way to end the day.

I was involved in that game, I was in the Blue top, great game it was indeed. Was unlucky in the end, losing with :27 seconds of game time remaining, all in all cheers to Big Ant and its team for giving us the opportunity to playing AFL Live before it comes out.

P.S. Anybody heading to the Werribee seshs, today or Thursday? I'll probly be going on Sat. not sure about today though. Anyone?

Had another good time at the playtest. The tv was rubbish (4:3 aspect ratio, non hd, 19") so while that did stop me taking some videos, it didn't stop us having a ball. Andy was helpful as always and answered a few of these questions.

1. The opposition AI will not change its defensive matchups to account for your forwards. Having a resting ruckman in the pocket could dominate in the air if he is playing against a small defender and the AI won't adapt. The AI does have some tactics though, like ball movement and player tagging and such. This was a little disappointing but ill probably just not try to exploit it. A resting ruckman playing against a small defender would be run off very easily anyway.

2. Handballs apparently don't require charging up, just a tap of the handball button. I could have sworn this wasn't the case though based on playing the game and other comments I've read. Handballing is epic fun though.

3. With marking you can bash the mark button repeatedly and the player will attempt a mark for sure but you are better off taking the risk and pressing it once as that will give you a bonus in the marking contest if timed well. I'm still not sure what the optimal timing is though but positioning is crucial.

4. Motion capturing was done using some Collingwood rookies. Andy couldn't remember their names but they did it for free.

5. Set shot goalkicking gets significantly harder on harder difficulty levels. I'm not sure if you can make it harder in games with just humans but i hope so as there is a difficulty option available.

6. I suggested having an option to change the camera to behind the player on the fly, like the set shot camera. This feature was apparently discussed but there were many difficulties in implementing it.

Overall, a good day with a good bunch of bigfooty blokes. Bring on the 21st!!!!

You played with me and I was lucky enough to get that goal (it may have been the only goal I kicked in that game actually).

It's looking pretty good but with such a small screen today all I was really doing was spamming tackle (which is very effective) and kicking it forward (which is risky as you can't see what you're kicking). I have a feeling it's not going to be the best game for SD TV's but it was still a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back