AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 16 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds crazy. Wouldn't it have taken you ages, especially for the new recruits?

Yep. Full time staff a couple of years watching a lot of video and merging a lot of stats.

Hi ross,

Quick question, how did you go about implementing the Substitute into the games since that it had hadn't been used in previous years. Are there any tactics involved in the substitute:D?

Hi ross,

Quick question, how did you go about implementing the Substitute into the games since that it had hadn't been used in previous years. Are there any tactics involved in the substitute:D?

It's there - just be careful as once used there's no going back - I accidentally subbed out Sandilands in one game :(

Had planned to go to Adelaide today, 2.5 hours away, but my Uncle passed away last night from bowel cancer and although I really wanted to see the game, it was more important to be here. I have a Q. In Season mode before a game commences, can you choose any of your 40 players to take to the field? Or is it like Ashes 09 and you choose a limited squad?

Had planned to go to Adelaide today, 2.5 hours away, but my Uncle passed away last night from bowel cancer and although I really wanted to see the game, it was more important to be here. I have a Q. In Season mode before a game commences, can you choose any of your 40 players to take to the field? Or is it like Ashes 09 and you choose a limited squad?

Very sorry to hear of your loss, my family has been touched by cancer too :(

You can choose anyone from your list to join the 22, that squad then becomes the default for that team.

I've been having dreams of playing this game, cant ****ing wait. :p

i had a similar dream.. *i was waiting at eb for the game to finally come out, and when they said it was ready i went in and got it, i walked home from eb games which seemed to take an eternity and then i was putting it in the tray of my xbox* and i woke up. :(

Actually the only thing keeping me sane is the AFL beginning this weekend haha

Imagine putting it in for the first time and getting the red ring of death.. think I'd just go and buy a new console

Question to Ross, in Season mode, does anything happen when your respective team hits its bye week??

From memory it comes up with the fixture and asks if you want to simulate the AI games, much the same as it does after your game when you don't have a bye.

Anyone hear commetti tonight?

Shot pans to a young st kilda supporter with his dad.
Dennis says " and there is the st.kilda school boy"

O how I hope we have some special comments in the game, would be cool to have Bruce macavaney there too, hopefully for next version, even Tom Harley in there too would be a nice touch.

Very much looking forward to playing this game to death!!

So from what I can tell in the videos and as well as playing the game, every team has typically 4 guernseys to choose from? Home, away, clash and heritage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hear commetti tonight?

Shot pans to a young st kilda supporter with his dad.
Dennis says " and there is the st.kilda school boy"

O how I hope we have some special comments in the game, would be cool to have Bruce macavaney there too, hopefully for next version, even Tom Harley in there too would be a nice touch.

Very much looking forward to playing this game to death!!
as long as its better than this....
Commetti: Got any thoughts, Derm?
Brereton: Nothin' from me Dennis.
Commetti: I agree with you there Derm.

If WCE come 11th this year I'll be happy. :thumbsu: The best 22 is a very solid effort btw, possibly the most accurate yet?

Ok this is interesting, when i went to pre-order my game today the EB guy said that they had not been given a release date yet, i told him that there website had been updated to 21st, he checked his computer and his system still says that it hasnt been announced!!! WTF, are they just behind the times or is there something else going on???? :confused:

Our website can be updated within seconds of our office getting the news, an update for the dates in our system wouldn't go through for 1 or 2 days, as it has to wait for our system to poll

I have just noticed our website has the 21st, so that could be it. But i have heard nothing from the office.

Duke still had its May date today too.

7 more dasy till AFL live hits WA! Pumped!

I Know Dennis at BT are commentators but is there a boundary rider (hoping Bruce)

and if it does come out on the 21st that will suck for me i go to bali on the 22nd

April 21, damn. Don't get much time to play on the holidays. :(

I was right about the week between playtests and release though. Kinda expected it.

The 21st is not confirmed, only HES can decide when the release will be and they have not made an announcement.

I made the demo dates with EB way prior to knowing the release date, they were not made with the idea of having a week between the last one and the release, I would have no issue with doing demo sessions and selling the game at the same time - indeed that makes sense (unless the game is sold out!)

The 21st is not confirmed, only HES can decide when the release will be and they have not made an announcement.

I made the demo dates with EB way prior to knowing the release date, they were not made with the idea of having a week between the last one and the release, I would have no issue with doing demo sessions and selling the game at the same time - indeed that makes sense (unless the game is sold out!)
Ahh k, fair enough. I only read a post on the first page then clicked on the link to EB so I thought it was official.

PS. Found out which D grade celeb you're driving with yet? ;)

Ahh k, fair enough. I only read a post on the first page then clicked on the link to EB so I thought it was official.

PS. Found out which D grade celeb you're driving with yet? ;)

OFFTOPIC:
not sure, just got the list, which is below - hopefully I'm driving Sav around as least we've got something in common as I helped Bennet get his punting job with San Diego.. not much to it, drive them around and grin!! I'll be the one with the BigAnt number plate :)

Anthony Bell : Financier/Media Personality
Anthony Lehmann (Lehmo) : TV / Radio Personality
Brian McFadden : Singer / TV Personality
Brodie Harper : TV Presenter
Callan Mulvey : Actor
Corbin Harris : Pro Skate Boarder
Dr. Chris Brown : TV Presenter/Vet
Giaan Rooney : TV Presenter/ Former Olympic Swimmer
Jacqui Cooper : Nine time Aerial Skiing World Champion
James Mathison : Radio/TV Personality
Jessica Hart : Model
Kasia Z : Model / TV Personality
Kate Waterhouse : Journalist / TV Presenter
Kris Smith : Model / TV Presenter
Laura Enever : Pro Surfer
Lauren Phillips : TV Presenter
Luke Ricketson : Former NRL player
Natalie Hunter : TV Presenter
Rhys Uhlich : Model
Ross Stevenson : Breakfast Radio Host
Saverio Rocca : NFL player / Former AFL player
Shannon Eckstein : Ironman
Tom Gleeson : Comedian/Broadcaster

hey just finished work, and happy to say i played at eb in rundle mall earlier! was amazing so smooth and very easy to pick up and play!
I liked the default camera, thought it worked well.. Loved linking up the power boys with handpasses... although unlike real life i kicked it when i could instead of getting into trouble... lol :cool:

Ok one question i didnt get to ask was... If i create a team on my profile on my xbox and my brother creates a team on his profile (Same Xbox) can we play each others teams against each other? Like if I log in (P1 controller) and he logs on (P2 controller) use our created teams to play against ourselves??
Just curious cauz this happened with the new cricket game... We waited like 1.5hrs(ea) for us to create our own teams to find out he couldnt use his to play me....:mad: he could only use my created teams or default...

I hope that made sense Mr BigAnt... :)

btw think you should call your employees worker ants... :p

Looking forward to the game, would have been great to have it launch in round 1.... beggars can't be choosers and there's no point crying over spilled milk.

From the sessions at EB, everyone who has had a go loves it :thumbsu:. I just hope that it gets a better reception (in the long term) than what Rugby League Live was given. And hopefully it's a top seller throughout the season and beyond.

I still don't know what version of the game i will buy first, it's extremely likely that i will buy it on both 360 & ps3 (probably not on release day though). I do this so i can have the the best of both worlds and play online against others i know who have it on 360 (but not ps3) and those who have it on ps3 (but not 360).

I've been buying the same game across multiple platforms a lot in recent months (both sports and general releases), did it once in a blue moon several years ago (eg: multiple Maddens on ps2/pc, Fifa ps2/pc etc). I recently picked up Top Spin 4 on both ps3 and 360, when NBA 2K11 came out late last year i purchased it on 360, ps3 and pc (love them all, but i've spent the most time on the pc version!).

I don't want to go on and on and on about it too much, but i will certainly buy the pc version when it launches a few months after the console release(s) :).

OFFTOPIC:
not sure, just got the list, which is below - hopefully I'm driving Sav around as least we've got something in common as I helped Bennet get his punting job with San Diego.. not much to it, drive them around and grin!! I'll be the one with the BigAnt number plate :)

Brian McFadden : Singer / TV Personality
Natalie Hunter : TV Presenter

Do all of us proud and run Brian off the road!!! :p (j/k)
And get me Natalie's phone number ;) :D :thumbsu:

hey just finished work, and happy to say i played at eb in rundle mall earlier! was amazing so smooth and very easy to pick up and play!
I liked the default camera, thought it worked well.. Loved linking up the power boys with handpasses... although unlike real life i kicked it when i could instead of getting into trouble... lol :cool:

Ok one question i didnt get to ask was... If i create a team on my profile on my xbox and my brother creates a team on his profile (Same Xbox) can we play each others teams against each other? Like if I log in (P1 controller) and he logs on (P2 controller) use our created teams to play against ourselves??
Just curious cauz this happened with the new cricket game... We waited like 1.5hrs(ea) for us to create our own teams to find out he couldnt use his to play me....:mad: he could only use my created teams or default...

I hope that made sense Mr BigAnt... :)

btw think you should call your employees worker ants... :p

I don't have the Xbox version with me at the moment - I will ask for you on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back