AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 16 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm steering clear of HBK! :p

Always busting the bubble :)

Agreed, that's more like it! A bit of photoshop.... not that I would ever condone that sort of behaviour!!

A game breaking a street date is no problem

Its only a problem when you have a LOT of orders for it and you have rostered extra staff on for its actual launch day.... Much like what i have done.

We have planned to be the official launch store, opening early, got the extra staff and other things might be happening too

An early release throws all that out the window :(

A little off topic but I thought this would be a good place to ask..

I've got a pre-order for AFL live @ Eb, with a $10 deposit. If I don't pay it off before the release day, do I still have a copy reserved? Or do I have to have it paid off completely beforehand?

that's about the 10th post i've seen where someone has said they have booked leave just to play this game, ffs when i want to play a video game i do it in my down time (after work and weekends) when i want leave from work, i go away for a holiday.

Yep, but some people don't have lives..

that's about the 10th post i've seen where someone has said they have booked leave just to play this game, ffs when i want to play a video game i do it in my down time (after work and weekends) when i want leave from work, i go away for a holiday.

Mate, for some of us, leave is our only down time. I have a family, so after work and weekends are often occupied with that.

I have plenty of leave and have used 4 days (4 Fridays in a row, starting April 29) to book some time to play this.

Sure, I'll get a few games in here and there as well, but I'd like a few days to play it with no distractions. Sheesh.

A little off topic but I thought this would be a good place to ask..

I've got a pre-order for AFL live @ Eb, with a $10 deposit. If I don't pay it off before the release day, do I still have a copy reserved? Or do I have to have it paid off completely beforehand?

You pay it when you pick it up.:thumbsu:

What difference does it make? If people wanna take time off work thats their choice isnt it? You have the same right obviously we are keen as for this game to come out and want to play it without the hassle of doing it in a public store with randoms.

Mate, for some of us, leave is our only down time. I have a family, so after work and weekends are often occupied with that.

I have plenty of leave and have used 4 days (4 Fridays in a row, starting April 29) to book some time to play this.

Sure, I'll get a few games in here and there as well, but I'd like a few days to play it with no distractions. Sheesh.

Maybe so, but hey i think it's pretty sad that people need to book time off work to play a video game. and if you have kids, give them a controller and kill 2 birds with one stone, spending time with the kids and playing the game!

Edit: I used to love it when i was young and the old man came in and played games with me and brother, (mind you we're talking the old atari 2600 here lol)

Maybe so, but hey i think it's pretty sad that people need to book time off work to play a video game. and if you have kids, give them a controller and kill 2 birds with one stone, spending time with the kids and playing the game!

Edit: I used to love it when i was young and the old man came in and played games with me and brother.

My kid is 2. If I gave him a controller, he'd feed it to the dog.

Edit: I used to love it when i was young and the old man came in and played games with me and brother, (mind you we're talking the old atari 2600 here lol)

Me too. I used to play F1 on the PS1 with my dad, and then V8 Supercars on PS2.

Couple of questions. In Season mode, will your opposition rotate their tactics? If you're belting a team, would they go in at half time and have a complete revamp and try to use the corridor more, or drop a man back behind play?

Will players such as Franklin and Cloke have their natural arc? Making it slightly easier to kick goals from certain places.

Well I'm lucky that in high school, I dont need to book days off. As for the kid part, cant relate just yet but ill skip Thurs 21st and Friday IS a day off so thats my 5 day weekend for AFL Live!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of questions. In Season mode, will your opposition rotate their tactics? If you're belting a team, would they go in at half time and have a complete revamp and try to use the corridor more, or drop a man back behind play?

Will players such as Franklin and Cloke have their natural arc? Making it slightly easier to kick goals from certain places.

No personal natural arc, all players have the same arc depending on what foot they use.

With part one, if a team is getting belted they play worse and the winning team plays better (more confidence and such) - Not an exact answer to your question but might help :p

We need a way of identifying people from bigfooty in game! I wonder if there is some form of clan tag system for online...

Yeah, that would be useful! I'd be surprised though, as there isn't really any need for a clan tag, if there are no clans!

Failing that, the thread that someone just started should help.

Hi Ross -

were you able to find out if it displays online handles/tags above your symbol when playing onlien?

No personal natural arc, all players have the same arc depending on what foot they use.

With part one, if a team is getting belted they play worse and the winning team plays better (more confidence and such) - Not an exact answer to your question but might help :p
Thanks for the info.

Yeah but you'd have to have a pretty good memory to straight up be able to identify someone just from their name! I usually only remember one or two people from stuff like that!

Thats why if anyone adds me I'd like them to put their BF name in the subject field, which I dont delete.

Census added me the other night and now if I can't remember who that PSN Name is, I just check my inbox

Unfortunatley not.
Unfortunately you weren't able to find out? Or unfortunately it can't be done?

there is a whole heap of names in a thread in the leagues section of the Video Games thread.

i've only added those who are in there, and post regularly in this thread however

Just remember too let her win one once in a while......we all know what women are like when they dont get there own way :p
If she's lucky, I'll let her be on my team. Y'know, carry her. ;)

Haha.

I agree, this is a little like unwrapped presents sitting under the tree for a month before Christmas, even though it's all my fault! :p
You're a bad person. I've stopped myself from throwing the laptop across the room for over a year now. When the game comes out, you will feel the full extent of my slander!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back