AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 16 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't directly change the number of a player. My memory of it is you would transfer a player out, transfer another in and he would take the next available low number, so you can manufacture it by using transfers but I don't know if it is actually worth it.

Ahh ok, hopefully in future versions you can just switch them around in team management or player creator. One good thing though, looks like if the system works as you said, my created Ben Cousins should automatically get #9 for Collingwood since its the lowest vacant number at the moment!

No but I did find the AI team mates to be useful from memory. It felt like I could rely on them to be in the right position. I'll keep more of an eye on it when I go on Thursday.
AI teammates can't be any worse than NBA Jam's. Pau Gasol's #1 defence move seems to be to watch the opposition posterize him.

How can you complain when my Kruz taps to my Judd in Navy Blue who fends off your Judd in shocking light blue and slams it through the middle! :)
You are certainly setting yourself up for a downfall, my friend. ;)

I know this has been slightly touched on before, but when you play a player out of position how/what does it affect?

The skill attributes would all stay the same wouldnt they and they may be lower in terms of tactical awareness type skills?

I know this has been slightly touched on before, but when you play a player out of position how/what does it affect?

The skill attributes would all stay the same wouldnt they and they may be lower in terms of tactical awareness type skills?

the attributes drop, so when i played the game judd was put in a forward pocket and i think his rating went to like 84 when its origionally around 90-91

the attributes drop, so when i played the game judd was put in a forward pocket and i think his rating went to like 84 when its origionally around 90-91

Cant help but think thats still a bit charitable. Judd isnt the best kick in the midfield let alone the forward line.

g'day ross spoke to you in chadstone first day before the store opened For the last 22 days until release can u give us the top 22 players in the game with their attributes the afl live all australian side cheers mate. well done again big ant

Couldn't of thought of a better idea myself.:thumbsu:
Ross please consider.:):):)

That is a great idea. I may need to play around a bit to put me in the forward line. Maybe put O'Keefe at half back. (Will miss craig greatly for real though.)

OFF TOPIC:

Bevan LRT Mattner

Shaw Grundy Malceski

Got Richards or Reid as a 3rd/4th tall...plus Kennelly, Everitt, Smith, Rohan, Sumner, Heath as players who can go in defense. Probably don't need to do much shuffling.

In real life though, yes, it's a big blow.

Just curious to know how the suspention system will work? In previous games a bump or tackle could get you suspended for wrestling or striking? In the game will it be realistic like if they are suspended or reported for striking will you actually see the player being struck or if done for wrestling will you actually see them wrestle? Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious to know how the suspention system will work? In previous games a bump or tackle could get you suspended for wrestling or striking? In the game will it be realistic like if they are suspended or reported for striking will you actually see the player being struck or if done for wrestling will you actually see them wrestle? Cheers

The answers you seek are in the title of this thread... the FAQ

No fighting in the game. No tribunal. No head high bumps.

Cant help but think thats still a bit charitable. Judd isnt the best kick in the midfield let alone the forward line.

OFF TOPIC:
I wouldn't want to be one on one isolated with Judd anywhere near the goals.... you know you are going to get a contest and you know he is going to get the pass or hanball off at the minimum.

I believe he has been concentrating on the goal kicking all summer as he felt he let himself down with that last year.... I'd be afraid... very afraid :)

There is a hip in shoulder in the game right if you cant get suspended just line them up and bam.

The game aren't that bad and I think people expect to much like NBA 2k11 etc, they look okay but then you get the replays and man of the match that's when the graphics come in to it I feel. 7.5 out of 10 I give you on this one.

Seems to be a few previews out there at the moment.

Came across this one, probably the most negative. But he's based that purely on the trailer and release date timing.

http://www.techau.tv/blog/afl-live-2011-trailer-released-misses-the-mark/#

I guess he hasn't bothered to show up for a demo.

The guy who wrote that review shouldnt be allowed to review any further games..

How on earth can anyone write a review of the game, bagging it, without actually playing it.

Not from the Herald Sun is he?

Trailer released, missing the mark???

Really? Based on a trailer it's a bad game? Come on Ross you should of had fireworks and flashing lights with AC/DC playing in the background ohh and cheerleaders.

Who reviews a trailer?

Good to see people getting into him in the comments lol

Guess what you guys? I just got a phonecall from EB Games telling me theres an official release date!!

I said... I know. Thanks for the call.

:D

and that is one of the reasons people do go to EB - there is service... I've had an SMS and a call regarding my 3DS preorder, then another asking if I'd like to come to the midnight launch.

Trailer released, missing the mark???

Really? Based on a trailer it's a bad game? Come on Ross you should of had fireworks and flashing lights with AC/DC playing in the background ohh and cheerleaders.

Who reviews a trailer?

Good to see people getting into him in the comments lol

Seriously you have no idea how annoyed I am at this sort of ameturish behaviour, and it's unfortunataley far too common in our industry.

Based on this "review" all we need to do in future to get a 9/10 game is release an awesome trailer.

Seriously you have no idea how annoyed I am at this sort of ameturish behaviour, and it's unfortunataley far too common in our industry.

Based on this "review" all we need to do in future to get a 9/10 game is release an awesome trailer.

I'm not a fan of trailers. A good "trailer" will ruin the movie/game for you as it shows all the good bits.

Comedy's are the worst, the best jokes you've already seen in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back