AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put 5 bucks on at my local JB, because I'm a stingy prick. You can put however much you want on it, then just pay the rest when you go and pick it up on the day.

Eb requires a minimum $10 for a standard edition of the game.

Glenno mentioned an interesting thing on the weekend, if there is a GAME store in the same location as an EB then that EB will match the GAME price and still include the pre-order bonus.... currently GAME has AFL Live at $98.

My store will be doing this, as we have a GAME in our centre

Ross, prices will prob range between $89 and $109. If I buy the $109 version will you guys get the extra $?

No they don't. Retailers pay the publisher the same amount. Its up to each retailer how much they put it on shelf for

Probably not but trade Blops in anyway.

If not offer it to a friend.

If not people on the streets.

If not then throw it out the window as a frisbee.

?? If he trades Black ops, he WILL get it cheaper. No "probably not" about it

Didn't know i was allowed to mention that Ross came over mine and me and and a bunch of mates got to play it :)

Looked awesome on the 52 inch TV! Had a blast, cheering the speckies and learning all the neat tricks to make it a much better overall experience!

They won't because the games are sold for the same price. As has been said by Glenno before the reason certain retailers have lower prices is because they count on the buyer buying more from their wider range of products when they're there. While the specific game stores only have that so the impulse buy is far mark.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-111-pach-attack/64278

that's a load. If places like eb and game sold there games 10 20 bucks cheaper it's a safe bet to say there sales will go waaaaay up

Gee you've calmed down a bit since your posts in the gameday thread. Suprised you still have a working computer after that little tantrum. ;) Go the Hawks!

A team list is being released every 2 days until they've all been shown. I believe the Tigers list has already been shown....? Not sure where it is now though. No doubt buried somewhere deep in the dark depths of all these AFL Live threads.
I was very angry haha, can you blame me?

Also bloke that said theres no love, what do you mean by no love in the design?

New to the site, just wanted to be another statistic in the masses when i say i too am very much looking forward to the release of this game.

Been waiting for a good afl game...well...forever, and this looks like being a superb game in any context.

Can't wait:thumbsu:

that's a load. If places like eb and game sold there games 10 20 bucks cheaper it's a safe bet to say there sales will go waaaaay up
Unlikely, I'd say at best they'd only make a few extra sales by dropping prices and at the end of the day they still have a price matching system.

The thing is that if they drop the games by $10-$20 then that's instantly $10-$20 that they're not making. So should a game not sell as well as they maybe thing or should sales just not increase all that much due to a price drop like that, then they'd be out a considerable amount of money all for nothing.

hi guys

being a bit of an older guy I dont have a Playstation

will this be available to play on PC?

thanks

While I am waiting for this to come out will fire up some old school AFL Premiership edition.

hi guys

being a bit of an older guy I dont have a Playstation

will this be available to play on PC?

thanks
It will at a later date (approx. 3-6 months after PS3/360 versions have released).

No worries Glenno, I can imagine throwing 3DS's out at a ravaging horde of Nintendo fans while trying to protect the store must've been stressful :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 days! Sorry guys it probably really isnt helping that I do this but.......like most of us I'm excited! Interesting to see how inactive these boards come after people post their initial impressions and XBL/PSN usernames.

Does anyone have any footage from WA? I'm a freo fan, but I don't live over there, but if available, would really like to see some footage from the WA sides because there hasn't been any footage of them yet. :)

Does anyone have any footage from WA? I'm a freo fan, but I don't live over there, but if available, would really like to see some footage from the WA sides because there hasn't been any footage of them yet. :)

Sorry man. I don't think anyone captured any footage. Were too busy playing.

I can tell you that Fremantle have their 2011 uniforms as well as their 2010 away uniform as a heritage guernsey. The don't have the old Fremantle guernsey at all (white with red Vs).

The Eagles have their 2011 home, away (although away has blue shorts only) and clash. No yellow peril anniversary guernsey. Heritage guernsey is the one worn in 2006 (1992/1994 premiership design).

Didn't really get much of a feel for the Freo side. Did dominate them with West Coast and win 101 to 1 during one game. :p

LeCras seemed to always bob up for the Eagles when kicking into the forward line.

Are there actually anymore play sessions coming around? If not we might have no more footage... until it's released :eek:

EB Fountain Gate Saturday, 9 April 2011

GAME Friday, April 8th - Bayside Frankston. 4.30 to 7.30pm

JB HIFI
Thursday, April 7th - NARRE WARREN, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Monday, April 11th, Bourke St, MELBOURNE, 10am to 1pm
Monday, April 11th HIGHPOINT, 2pm to 5 pm
Tuesday, April 12th RINGWOOD, 11am to 2 pm
Wednesday, April 13th DONCASTER, 11 am to 2pm

I'd recommend going to the JB ones over EB. Much better TVs, shows off the game much better.

I probably won't go to anymore because I reckon I've gathered just about as much info as I can from these things. Still very pumped for the game though!

EB Fountain Gate Saturday, 9 April 2011

GAME Friday, April 8th - Bayside Frankston. 4.30 to 7.30pm

JB HIFI
Thursday, April 7th - NARRE WARREN, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Monday, April 11th, Bourke St, MELBOURNE, 10am to 1pm
Monday, April 11th HIGHPOINT, 2pm to 5 pm
Tuesday, April 12th RINGWOOD, 11am to 2 pm
Wednesday, April 13th DONCASTER, 11 am to 2pm
I am so tempted to go to that Eastland one...

Anyone else seen this? :D
Screenshot2011-04-04at45607AM.png

I will most likely be going to the JB playtest in Doncaster since I havent been to one in over a month now at Knox. Hopefully it wont be too busy as its right in the middle of a Wednesday.

I am so tempted to go to that Eastland one...

Anyone else seen this? :D
Screenshot2011-04-04at45607AM.png

Nice! Lets see if we can get it to number 1! What's the link?

Neil from HES/Tru Blu will be running the Fountain Gate one but I'll probably drop in for a while when it kicks off if anyone wants to catch up for a chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back