AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so tempted to go to that Eastland one...

Anyone else seen this? :D
Screenshot2011-04-04at45607AM.png

On the PS3 top 10 its only number 9. What affects the rankings?

Can you come to the one at Doncaster in a few weeks?

I won't be able to make it as I have something else on that day.... the Saturday is a bit easier for me, and it is the day after the Blues give the Pies their first defeat :p

After you win the grand final, I hope there's good cutscenes and celebrations.

Unlike this....

[youtube]M-yA9YNBXcg[/youtube]

Unlike this....

[youtube]M-yA9YNBXcg[/youtube]

I honestly think for the time frame that game came out in, that it's a decent effort. They do a lap of honour, pose for a team photo, pose around the cup.

The only 2 other things i think it could've included would be the players hugging each other and jumping on each other on the ground, and the captain and coach holding the cup on the podium (whish isn't likely considering they'd have to license coaches). The animations weren't great but that goes for the whole game, not just the celebration.

One thing SugarShane that stands out in that video is crappyness of the MCG. It is meant to be a vast cauldron, except it looks like a two-tiered suburban ground in that video. I think Big Ant did this well as when you're running down the Southern Stand wing you really feel like you're surrounded by thousands of watching eyes.

Unlike this....

AFL '99 was 10x worse, after the cool premiership video seen in '98, i was excited to see what happened at the conclusion of '99..... end result was not much but a static screen that had a silhouette of a player with a caption basically saying well done :thumbsdown:.

Even the shot of the premiership cup in Aussie Rules Footy on the NES was better than AFL '99 :p. Although it redeemed itself with commentary "outtakes" audio files that were on the game cd.

Is there a complete list of controls anywhere incl fending off, bumping, handballing in a tackle etc?

Yea its called the instruction manual and you get to see that when the game comes out :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgiverness pleases, if this has been asked.
In regards to the EB pre order special offer a few questions
1. Is it still 108? I heard on Saturday someone say they are dropping it to 98
2. With the pre order special of getting a picture with your pre order, how do you choose which one you want and when does the pre order special deal end. I ask because I was thinking of placing a pre order in a week or so for a few reasons that are my own.

Thanks.

Can't wait by the way, must say I was somewhat pessimistic but after playing it, thought it was awesome bar the quick HTB rule.

Ross

With an online quick match/match against friends, the game obviously gives you a rundown of goal kickers and final score. Do we see a "best players" list and maybe brownlow votes for the game?

So on April 21 where do we go to buy it and how much will it cost?

Forgiverness pleases, if this has been asked.
In regards to the EB pre order special offer a few questions
1. Is it still 108? I heard on Saturday someone say they are dropping it to 98
2. With the pre order special of getting a picture with your pre order, how do you choose which one you want and when does the pre order special deal end. I ask because I was thinking of placing a pre order in a week or so for a few reasons that are my own.

Thanks.

Can't wait by the way, must say I was somewhat pessimistic but after playing it, thought it was awesome bar the quick HTB rule.
GAME price is 98 ebgames is 108 i'm pretty sure

Hey Ross just wondering if we choose to price match does this affect the profit bigant hes and tru blue make

They won't because the games are sold to the retailer for the same price. As has been said by Glenno before the reason certain retailers have lower prices is because they count on the buyer buying more from their wider range of products when they're there. While the specific game stores only have that so the impulse buy is far lower.
No they don't. Retailers pay the publisher the same amount. Its up to each retailer how much they put it on shelf for
Hey Ross just wondering if we choose to price match does this affect the profit bigant hes and tru blue make
Come on dude, you literally only had to go back a couple of pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back