AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 17 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did they line up and actually play the song, or just line up similarly to AFL 07 and then bounce the ball?

You mentioned streamers at the start of the game, but was there also streamers at the end once you won? And if so, did the colours change to Red and Blue because it was the demons?

If you could let me know it'd be helpful :)

Yes, the teams lined up and the entire national anthem played. Can't comment on comparison to AFL 07 as I never owned it (just played it a couple of times at a friend's house).

At the end, I honestly can't recall. There may have been.

From memory (and my recall is bad due to old age) the confetti rained down at the start of the game and when you played the game, it was littered around the boundary. Unless I'm recalling this from FIFA World Cup, in which case, my bad. :p

But after the game, I was more focused on the player celebrations (excitement from the winners, losers crouched down in despair) and the players getting the NAB Cup and posing for a photo.

Hey guys, when is the game coming out and how much?

Jokes...

Hope you kept reading. Anyways, not much has been said about the kicking for goal in terms of bananas and snap kicks. To anyone who has attempted one in the game, are they reliable? How easy are they to pull off? Haven't seen much footage so I was just wondering. Cheers

Yes, the teams lined up and the entire national anthem played. Can't comment on comparison to AFL 07 as I never owned it (just played it a couple of times at a friend's house).

At the end, I honestly can't recall. There may have been.

From memory (and my recall is bad due to old age) the confetti rained down at the start of the game and when you played the game, it was littered around the boundary. Unless I'm recalling this from FIFA World Cup, in which case, my bad. :p

But after the game, I was more focused on the player celebrations (excitement from the winners, losers crouched down in despair) and the players getting the NAB Cup and posing for a photo.

Well I'm hoping there will be streamers at the end of the real Grand Final (if you're not remembering from FIFA WC :p), but at the moment who cares cos the celebrations seem great for the Nab according to what you said, so the Day Grand Final might have a little more to whats already there.

Also with the National Anthem, my god that is awesome. Now all we need is Craig Willis to do some pre and post game duties. Hop to it Ross ;)

Jokes...

Hope you kept reading. Anyways, not much has been said about the kicking for goal in terms of bananas and snap kicks. To anyone who has attempted one in the game, are they reliable? How easy are they to pull off? Haven't seen much footage so I was just wondering. Cheers

Bananas from the boundary are very easy. Maybe even too easy. It may be because it was on a low difficulty level and wind was turned off though, so I probably shouldn't read too much in to it.

But I kicked 3/3 bananas from the boundary, all about 25-30 metres out.

Snaps were a bit more 50/50 from memory, but not 100% sure.

Jokes...

To do a banana or snap from general play or set shots is just holding down the R2 button from the applicable area (as holding R2 also has you torp if further out).

They're very cool when you pull it off, I mentioned earlier that a match I played with Melbourne I had Jack Watts pull off a sweet banana from in-play. On the replay it honestly looked like watching real life, it just felt exact to a situation you would've expected to see.

I'm still not overly sure on how the 'arc' or left/right footed thing affects a snap or banana from a set shot, but almost each one I've seen done has been pulled off. You just seemingly have to aim it almost as you would a regular set shot and the ball almost does the work itself. I'm sure it's a bit more in-depth than that, but it definitely works well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a list of who the commentators will be for this game?

Hoping there is no Kelli Underwood:D

Dennis Commetti and Brian Taylor are the commentators. Kelli Underwood was sacked anyhow so you can breathe again mate!

Also, in regards to ALL rookies being in game, cant wait to try develop Fasolo into a midfield superstar!!

Do we have a list of who the commentators will be for this game?

Hoping there is no Kelli Underwood:D
Dennis Cometti and Brian Taylor.

So if you are outside 50 on the boundry line you pull R2(RT) and kick for goal, does the player kick a torp or a bannana? :p

So if you are outside 50 on the boundry line you pull R2(RT) and kick for goal, does the player kick a torp or a bannana? :p

Dare I say mate, you had this in mind:

[YOUTUBE]DZqgnlt-38I[/YOUTUBE]

:p

Torp. It's situational to the point of about 15-20 metres from goal on the right angle you will banana it.

When running towards goal do you need to aim whatsoever or do you just press square and it takes a random 50/50 shot?
You do want to be directing your shot somewhat. But when you do take your shot with square the game takes into account your positioning, attributes, pressure, etc. and that will decide whether it'll go through the goals or behinds (or on the full if you hold it too long:p).

It's very similar to kicking a regular goal in FIFA.

i'm pretty sure if you press X+R2 then it'll be a torp but since square is shoot for goal, square+R2 is banana.

that is why kicking a torp goal from general play (outside of a set shot which can be done because you are already in goal kick mode) is much harder because it's hard to know where you are aiming when you torp it.

that is what i remember from the couple of times i've played, could be wrong though

It is not that I control it, I've never said that, it's more that I know when it is being released because I *know* they have been manufactured for both consoles :p

btw last I will say on the release date... we surely have had more than enough on it! (I have been indicating for months the two likely dates were the 14th and 21st.)

So what Ross is saying is, that there are crates of games sitting somewhere in a warehouse.

Anyone up for a mission?

Id gladly paypal Ross some coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back