AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 18 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspense is killing me. I know that in exactly a weeks time, I'll be running the hawks out on the MCG. Well done and thankyou BigAnt. Finally I will be able to start playing the best brand of football

I'm very nervous, the first lot are sold, it's all about re-orders from the retailers.... fingers crossed it all goes well.

what do you mean the first lot are sold ross? i dont understand this correctly.
i pre-orderd the game from GAME online for 98 bucks on the 14th of april do i still get my copy on the thursday? or do i wait until the next batch get in?

clarification please!!

i pre-orderd the game from GAME online for 98 bucks on the 14th of april do i still get my copy on the thursday? or do i wait until the next batch get in?

clarification please!!

All copies that have been made so far, have been sent to retailers who have ordered them. There are none left in the warehouse.

Sometimes too many get made, and the publisher has back up stock to send if it sells out.

If it sells out on the first batch here, there could be a wait for the game as more discs are printed

You will get yours next week on the 21st

clarification please!!

It's been said 100 times that if you pre-order, you will get it. Doesn't matter if you pre-order a year beforehand, or the night before. A shop won't accept pre-orders beyond their capabilities, so if they accept your pre-order then you'll get it.

When Ross said the first lot is sold, he means that the first batch of disks made are already paid for and shipped out to the individual shops. Some shops may only just be able to cover their pre-orders and have a couple on the shelves, while other stores may have some copies left for a few months left.

yes i know that ive pre orderd alot of games before this. i just didnt understand what e meant by it and also jbhfi have it on there website that they have sold out of online stock or sumthing

Saw Andy exit the lift at about 6 earlier today. I swear I wasn't stalking him...just having a nice Lindt hot chocolate with my girlfriend in the empty food court and I knew the Big Ant studios were close due to the playtest tomorrow. I was tempted to mug him in the carpark, in the hope of him holding a copy of the game (on 360) in his pockets. My conscience got the better of me though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only time you will, is if the EB you are at has a GAME in their centre, as we have the game on shelf at $98, not $109

That's Bull "For my local store anyway", I ended up cancelling my pre order from EB and got it from Game, But I went with my friend into EB to get it as he wanted the picture as well "And being an EB fan", Our EB store is literally 10 seconds walk from the game store "Right next to one and other in the same center" and the stupid Manager wouldn't price match and give the bonus. He ended up getting it for $108 with the picture.

I wish all EB stores had people like you in them Glen. -_- Some really don't know wtf they're doing.

Saw Andy exit the lift at about 6 earlier today. I swear I wasn't stalking him...just having a nice Lindt hot chocolate with my girlfriend in the empty food court and I knew the Big Ant studios were close due to the playtest tomorrow. I was tempted to mug him in the carpark, in the hope of him holding a copy of the game (on 360) in his pockets. My conscience got the better of me though :(
Admit it, you've been sitting out there for a week reading a newspaper with holes in it, accompanied by a baseball bat waiting for your chance to strike.

[youtube]lp6z3s1Gig0[/youtube]

spy_sunglasses2.jpg

That's Bull "For my local store anyway", I ended up cancelling my pre order from EB and got it from Game, But I went with my friend into EB to get it as he wanted the picture as well "And being an EB fan", Our EB store is literally 10 seconds walk from the game store "Right next to one and other in the same center" and the stupid Manager wouldn't price match and give the bonus. He ended up getting it for $108 with the picture.

I wish all EB stores had people like you in them Glen. -_- Some really don't know wtf they're doing.

You might still be in luck. Wait till launch day and they might update the price

I keep up with what GAME are doing ahead of time, so that my customers get the best deal as early as possible with any orders. Other stores may not and may wait for the instruction. thats also fine. its up to them.

They might get instructed to change it before then by their boss

Good luck in your quest :thumbsu:

Not creepy at all...

I know I'm a page or so behind, but while we are bored waiting and bitching about consoles:

My first 360 RROD 4 times, when it RROD the 5th time I didn't bother getting it fixed and just bought a new one. When this one goes I won't bother replacing it. I've had my Phat PS3 for over 4 years now without a single hiccup. If some of my friends only have a 360, too bad. I'm sick of forking out money on crappy M$ products (Windows included). Not to mention you have to pay for the right to play online.

I think I'm gonna start using my PS3 a lot more. :thumbsu:

I got ready to do all the Xbox friend requests and get some AFL Live action going online on the Xbox, and of course post it on here :), then bang - RED RING OF DEATH!

I think you guys have jinxed me with all that red-ring talk.... arghhh! Damn you MS for turning me into a PS3 fanboy!
You see, this is where I get confused. I've red ringed three times on my console, turned it off, tried again a few minutes later and all is well.

Obviously, I am just a freakin' boss.

You see, this is where I get confused. I've red ringed three times on my console, turned it off, tried again a few minutes later and all is well.

Yeah sometimes that works, other times no matter how long you leave it, it's just ****ed.

Or maybe you're just such a boss that your Xbox fears your almighty wrath and you scare it in to working? :p

If a manager wants to take a game home early, whilst being wrong, its their choice. Do it enough and they'll be punished. Want to get games a day or 2 early? Come work in the industry :rolleyes:

Why don't you fire up at the pirates who get the game much earlier than any retail manager possibly could?
I've been trying to get a job at either EB, GAME or JB Hi-Fi for a few months now. Care to hook me up? ;)

I used to have an online game store and as soon as I had it I sold it
It would explain why I have no patience with release dates for games.
Also I just don't like EB/game managers, most of whom are arrogant pricks who think they know everything and sick of them treating they're customers like morons
You'll be treated like a moron if you are a moron.

Yeah sometimes that works, other times no matter how long you leave it, it's just ****ed.

Or maybe you're just such a boss that your Xbox fears your almighty wrath and you scare it in to working? :p
I keep a can of petrol right next to it, just to let it know what could happen if it gives me grief... ;)

That's right, I'm posting three times in a row. Deal with it. It's hard to feed your craving when everyone's sleeping. Bastards.

Might head down tomorrow for a couple of hours and give the game a crack. It depends if I can be rooted getting out of bed or not.

I've got my EB games Pre-Order receipt locked tightly in a box with the $100 left over to pay for my copy. :D

Thats what I did pretty much. Got the receipt in my wallet, and $100 in a safe place for when the epic day FINALLY arrives! xD

Yeah, it is going to happen permanently soon, sorry to tell you. You are in the natural progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back