AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 21 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online is really pissing me off now.

Getting punished for being good. Had one kid who had his mic open was talking to his mum saying how he hopes he is good enough for online. Not only does he chose to play north, he picks the clash strip! So I say to myself, "I'll go easy on the kid" I kick ONE goal the first quarter, running away from the ball to give him a chance and he still quits!

I flog everyone I play lately and I get no exp cause they leave.

Sooner this patch comes the better, I shouldn't have to limit my game cause other pricks have no patience to play out a drubbing. If the shoe was on the other foot they'd be loving it.

EDIT: reading your son is pretty good Ross, he on PSN? Whats his name if he is.

haha what about carlton vs geelong.

Carlton: 39
Geelong 38

The jumper choice was just swell.
And we never spoke of that game again. ;)

To be fair, I guess the record is 2-0 instead of 3-1 considering I lost as Melbourne and you lost as Essendon. Let's be honest, they're shit. :D

Online is really pissing me off now.

Getting punished for being good. Had one kid who had his mic open was talking to his mum saying how he hopes he is good enough for online. Not only does he chose to play north, he picks the clash strip! So I say to myself, "I'll go easy on the kid" I kick ONE goal the first quarter, running away from the ball to give him a chance and he still quits!

I flog everyone I play lately and I get no exp cause they leave.

Sooner this patch comes the better, I shouldn't have to limit my game cause other pricks have no patience to play out a drubbing. If the shoe was on the other foot they'd be loving it.

EDIT: reading your son is pretty good Ross, he on PSN? Whats his name if he is.
This.

Pretty much every game, I have a 40 point lead at the first break for these tools to quit.

I'd like to see a ban for an hour if someone quits to be honest.

I'll look into it tomorrow with the team here.

You're on - closest anyone has got to him is 124 - 44, hope you can wipe that smirk off his face :)

Edit:btw I'll get him on after 8.30 pm

id love to give him a crack :) XBL: Toasty 9 ive already added yours :)

This.

Pretty much every game, I have a 40 point lead at the first break for these tools to quit.

I'd like to see a ban for an hour if someone quits to be honest.

I would just make sure you give a positive review to those who play out a game and a negative review to those who dont. That, assisted with the "reliability rating" should ensure that in future you are more likely to be matched with people who will actually finish the game and less likely with quitters.

Then eventually (as Ross said) the quitters cacn just play amongst each other and quit to their heart's content!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly can i say i loooove the game so so much it is awesome on so many levels!

Is it possible to have a ban on players who quit out of games for like an hour of online play?? or for every 3 you quit out of they get banned for an hour just something to stop it i do like the 3 goal thing aswell.. but to cut down on it would be great... ive had to resort to keeping it close untill final quater... XBL:Toasty 9 if anyone wants a game? if you can handle me :p

just wondering mate im in a league where we've all drafted players but we cant have those players because the $7mil isnt enough.. can there be an option to take them online if theyre over the cap but only for private matches considering that privates arent for points anyway...
(and its usually someone you know so you both can state the rules beforehand) or be able to use edited afl teams with the $10mil cap again in privated only??

also you cant even select edited teams.. even for not over the cap port where i want chad cornes up forward i have to change it every time i play online...

Lastly a very minor thing which i loved but then was like :( the team creator is awesome i love how it makes some teams up like victor harbor wasps :D but then i wanted to edit the name but i can only enter a certain amount of letters... is this easy to make longer....?

thats about it mate sorry just thought id see what you thought!!

ps. i can see how much time player modelling and stuff would have taken i made a comp of 10 teams just generating custom players for each team and it took forever!!!! (just over 2 days) and to get us under the cap aswell was fun cauz i like realness and not just making superteams... (i know thats contradicting to the earlier paragraph but thats in a league) I also made me and 5 friends pretty much exact... well damn good anyway... but very good job guys at bigant!!!

i've had 31 quitters out of 108 games. 67 wins 10 losses. Quitters ruin this game. please ross tell me you have a way to fix this.
I've played (I think) 19 online games, 10 wins and 1 loss. Almost half of the games I've played have involved the other person quitting. It's ridiculous. I played six in a row yesterday and the highest score kicked against me was 1 point. The guy was the only one to stay the full game.

I would just make sure you give a positive review to those who play out a game and a negative review to those who dont. That, assisted with the "reliability rating" should ensure that in future you are more likely to be matched with people who will actually finish the game and less likely with quitters.

Then eventually (as Ross said) the quitters cacn just play amongst each other and quit to their heart's content!
That's what I do mate. That and send an abusive message. ;)

I think I've got the 'I lagged out' excuse about 10 times.

:eek: But i want to beat you 3 times lol
NEVER!

I've noticed a few posters a few pages back saying that you have to hold the right analog stick to get a hit out from a boundary throw in. Correct me if I'm wrong Ross, but I believe this isn't the case.

Just get into position near the circle where the ball will drop (just in front of it is perfect) then, just like a center bounce, tap the right stick in the direction you want to hit the ball when the ball is at it's highest point. Works for me 9 times out of 10. The only thing is, it's harder to judge when the ball is at it's highest point in the air from a boundary throw in because of the camera angle.

Wouldn't mind challenging Ross' son then too, if he's supposedly unbeatable. Haven't lost an online game since the first day I got the game so reckon I'd at least give him a run for his money. Which team does he use? If anyone wants a decent challenge against someone who isn't a quitter - PS3 name is 'KoRnage1' :thumbsu:

Just had a very hard match on Legend. I was all stars.

All Stars 12.4.76
Collingwood 12.13.85

5 minute qtrs. I was down 12-53 at HT then I had a 6 to 3 goal third quarter.
Ended up being a good match. It was a fluke that I even got that close, didn't expect to.

Now i might try a season with Gold Coast on legend. Might get some realistic Gold Coast scores (lose by 100 points).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back