AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna try to make connections where there are none haha. Big ant have announced an RLL2 2013 update DLC for release in June around the same time the AFL DLC was released last year and RLL2 was released in October so that must mean either AFL Live 2 or Cricket will be released at some point in the aug/sept/oct period
Hopefully haha

WRONG

didnt you hear? the game is to be released on 1/6/13 ...................... {sighs at internet}

your logic makes alot of sense, the only possible query would be whether Big Ant has the bandwidth to ship Cricket and AFL in the same year?

WRONG

didnt you hear? the game is to be released on 1/6/13 ...................... {sighs at internet}

your logic makes alot of sense, the only possible query would be whether Big Ant has the bandwidth to ship Cricket and AFL in the same year?

I could see AFL be delayed until around feb 2014 for that reason. So have cricket just before summer and cricket season, then AFL Live just before the AFL Season.

I could see AFL be delayed until around feb 2014 for that reason. So have cricket just before summer and cricket season, then AFL Live just before the AFL Season.
It'll probably turn out this way and maybe sales could be better releasing at season start rather than finals.Although it will have to be a damn good game if we're now having to wait almost 3 years between releases.

Has anyone ever had an acceptable game with someone overseas or would there be no point for me?
From my experience it's not worth it. I played against someone living in the US and from the ball up the ball would just miss the rucks hands and just bounce a few times and then settle in the centre. Wait 10 seconds and it'd hover down his end for a goal. Players didn't even seem to move from their pre-ruck positions the whole game.

Good times.

So, have popped my online cherry in the past couple of days, have played about eight or nine online matches now, haven't won a single game yet :p seem to be coming up against 'superteams', packed with stars from all over the league, or with maxed out players (Ablett, Naitanui). Also have bad lag, it isn't too bad in the first quarter and part of the second, but over time it gets worse and worse, opposition end up getting the ball in the backline, and it just hovers all the way to the attacking goalsquare where they kick an open goal. Very frustrating. This happens a lot in the last quarter and, as a result, I end up losing by seven or eight goals when i'm facing just a two or three goal deficit at 3QT. Ah well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im in the USA, but i cant work out how to purchase it on xbox over here. If you are over here and have sucessfully done that, i will play against you - much better internet here btw.

No I'm in Europe mate, although I brought the disk over with me. Not sure what you can do in the US.

Hi Ross are you still reading this thread?

How are things at BA....I know you can't say anything but is there any chance of just an emoticon?

Still reading, I can't post anything of note so I don't post :)

Gotta love the quality of the online players in AFL Live when i'm not playing a super team or being bumped every five seconds i'm being accused of cheating!. For instance today I was playing as a regular Fremantle side against an all stars side and after a competitive first quarter I started to kick straight and during the second quarter built a 7 goal lead, my opponent quit and then I sent him a message saying he shouldn't quit and he sends me one back saying I shouldn't hack. Apparently using the right stick to jostle in the marking contest and take the majority of marks is hacking haha. This annoyed me a lot as I had finally worked out how to use the damn jostle properly after playing the game for 2 years haha.

Played this for the first time in ages today. It's a fun game but it's just so frustrating the amount of tackles: I can't seem to run for more than half a second without getting tackled... if the game was more free flowing it would be perfect. It's probably been discussed but is this looking to be fixed up in the next game?

Played this for the first time in ages today. It's a fun game but it's just so frustrating the amount of tackles: I can't seem to run for more than half a second without getting tackled... if the game was more free flowing it would be perfect. It's probably been discussed but is this looking to be fixed up in the next game?

Zero info available on next game, ****en Tru Blu!

At least Ross is still reading this thread. It could actually be a tiny bit worse than it already currently is. If there were no plans whatsoever I doubt he'd come back here.

What I don't understand is that Tru Blu have put up an FB post on RL2 & Cricket Academy pretty much every couple of days for a while now and they can't get their head around the value of just acknowledging the existence of the AFL gamer base with a fluffy 'coming soon' or 'coming in 2014' image. You would have thought even a small scale operation could find the time to spend ten minutes at a keyboard for AFL.

At least Ross is still reading this thread. It could actually be a tiny bit worse than it already currently is. If there were no plans whatsoever I doubt he'd come back here.

What I don't understand is that Tru Blu have put up an FB post on RL2 & Cricket Academy pretty much every couple of days for a while now and they can't get their head around the value of just acknowledging the existence of the AFL gamer base with a fluffy 'coming soon' or 'coming in 2014' image. You would have thought even a small scale operation could find the time to spend ten minutes at a keyboard for AFL.

We know something's being done and was planned for this year from the photo shoots. I just had a look at previous AFL games, and every one has been released after June. AFL Live was the earliest, the next earliest was mid July, and most were around the start of September. Based on this plus Tru Blu's history with RL2, releasing after the season, I'm tipping we'll see this game released around finals time.

We know something's being done and was planned for this year from the photo shoots. I just had a look at previous AFL games, and every one has been released after June. AFL Live was the earliest, the next earliest was mid July, and most were around the start of September. Based on this plus Tru Blu's history with RL2, releasing after the season, I'm tipping we'll see this game released around finals time.

Late August/September would still be alright I suppose. With the ability to do patches and updates now (Having only bought a PS3 last year after a long hiatus, this still amazes me) gives some more flexibility in release date I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back