AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 9 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 9 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Hey Ross, after playing the game time and time again, in your opinion does the gameplay have a better feel for it if you played 2 evenly sided teams as opposed to a top team vs a bottom sided team? Basically, in simpler terms just wondering if, simulating wise, a game is more interesting when 7th plays 8th as opposed to 1st vs 15th?

Thanks

EB would not and will not use info off this forum and only use the info that comes directly from Tru Blu or Big Ant themselves.

I really dont get your argument here. You wont use a screen shot that bigant has provided because it is not a finished product and hasnt come from them directly. BUT you will use a screenshot from a 2006 ps2 game that bigant didnt even make and looks like crap.
You dont want neg feedback so you release missleading pics and info :confused: instead lol but i gues you guys know what your on about:rolleyes:

In Season mode, is there still the options to have training sessions and the ability to trade players?

Thanks

Everyone has a computer - I'm guessing a per centage of people would rather have the game for free if they could, but would pay up if it was the only choice.

You are right and computer games are alot easier to copy than say ps3 or xbox games.

The only downside to buying a game such as afl on pc is that computers are alot more saceptable to virus and crashing etc.. than ps3 and xbox w 360hich also means that you are 3 times mor likely to lose your computer data than the data on your ps3 or xbox 360 ( with the exception of the yellow light of death (PS3) and the red rings of death( XBOX 360)).

No, I agree but it's all we had. We had received nothing as far as screen shots went, and as Ross said EB did it to get the pre-orders in stores. Note that it is not yet listed on our online store yet.

Yes the Wii version was used aswell to garner pre-orders but as explained putting screenshots and info on a cover off a forum, no offence intended here but forums can sometimes be incorrect, is obviously opening ourselves up to alot of feedback if that info did infact change.

E.G. recently Dead Space 2 was released, now EB advertised free Ignition code and gun when preordered on both 360 and PS3. The publishers then said no wait up only on 360 now. The game was released and we received a tonne of negative feedback regarding why people did not receive their added bonus's on PS3. Same thing applies here.

You do realise that the facts here: the Xbox 360/ PS3 versions are being advertised with an incorrect feature list, the cover of the Wii version, and screenshots from the unrelated 2006 AFL PS2 game that was not made by Big Ant.

I haven't personally played with the deliberate point for a looong time - not often there is a part of the game that I haven't checked out! I will check it out this morning. I have seen defenders punch it through for a behind in contests and not get pinged.

I know I have been pinged a few times for deliberate out of bounds, mostly when kicking it along the ground without picking it up so the "rules" of deliberate are in there.

OK good to know so on that note will we have the option of turning rules on and off so that if you play with mates we can have a game with say nab cup rules or a regular season game with a nine pointer rule incorporated or a quick game with no in the back and so on.

A feature much the same as FIFA'S lounge mode feature which i know will not be incorporated into the new afl game but i guess what im trying to say is will we be able to turn rules on and off so when we set up a game so we can try and somewhat replicate the fifa lounge feature in the new afl game ( for when we play against mates to try and mix things up a little).

Ross, how wil it be once the game comes out? Will you still hang around here if people still have questions? I've seen before (in particular for International Cricket 2010 over at planetcricket), they developers have spoken with the community beforehand, but just simply disappeared as soon as the game out with no word of whether there will be patches or to help people with questions. And will there be any plans to release a patch if need be? Or will you go straight on to other games?

Cheers

Ross, how wil it be once the game comes out? Will you still hang around here if people still have questions? I've seen before (in particular for International Cricket 2010 over at planetcricket), they developers have spoken with the community beforehand, but just simply disappeared as soon as the game out with no word of whether there will be patches or to help people with questions. And will there be any plans to release a patch if need be? Or will you go straight on to other games?

Cheers

I don't think there will be as much to talk about but I'll be around.... I'll also be on PSN to kick some Collingwood/Essendon asses!

(Now having thrown the gauntlet I better get some more practise in.... :) )

Whats your PSN so we can battle you?

hmmm... here's opening the floodgates!

RossAtBigAnt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey ross not sure if this has been asked but can you dribble goals along the boundary line? cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThgVav_UCDY

Yes. Next time, read the FAQ.

Like the cover, but don't love it for the aforementioned reasons by others. Should be rather attention grabbing sitting on the shelf next to a hundred other titles though.

To the EB head office guy, I understand rules are rules, but surely incorrect, misleading info and screens from a PS2 game from 2006 that Big Ant had nothing to do with is worse than actual screen shots from the game which are marked as pre-release/beta and actual info from this game which at this late stage, is very unlikey to change? Sorry mate, but your asking for trouble and basically inviting negative feedback and complaints by leaving your original slicks up. Your office needs to seriously lift their game. Well done to the stores who took the initiative to rectify this problem.

Release date seems feasible.....sounds like a pretty good time to release it to me.

Thanks again Ross for all the info and replies.

you are going to regret that

friend request sent

If you are going to do the request then please send through your BF name so I can put two and two together.... and perhaps decide not to friend you, I accept yours of course Ochre :)

If you are going to do the request then please send through your BF name so I can put two and two together.... and perhaps decide not to friend you, I accept yours of course Ochre :)
I'm mcd_2048

Do you have an XBL account?

I do, but I'm not on there as often.

Same handle:

RossAtBigAnt

So we're ~2-3 months away from a release and ZERO footage has been shown. I can't think of a single good game where no footage had been shown this close to release.

It doesn't bode well.

Gotta have some incredible patience to wait for this game :D

Who is that in your Avatar Ross?

It was Eddie, then Kreuz, now Waite - I sponsored Kreuz so at some point I'll get a bigger avatar :)

You are right and computer games are alot easier to copy than say ps3 or xbox games.

The only downside to buying a game such as afl on pc is that computers are alot more saceptable to virus and crashing etc.. than ps3 and xbox w 360hich also means that you are 3 times mor likely to lose your computer data than the data on your ps3 or xbox 360 ( with the exception of the yellow light of death (PS3) and the red rings of death( XBOX 360)).

Only if you're a console fanboy who has no idea how to run a proper gaming PC.

FWIW I have both a 360 and a gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back