Remove this Banner Ad

New Bug: Freezing at end of 4th Quarter
Platform: PS3
Type: Competition
Type of Competition: AFL Premiership Season
Teams: Richmond vs Any team in season
Round Number:
Rounds 1-5 (So Far)
So far in my season, every match bar one has frozen when there's only 5 minutes left in the match! (It is INFURIATING!) It has happened while skipping a goal replay many times.

New Bug: Stuck in menus if controller disconnects
Type: Any
Type of Competition: Any.
Teams: Any
Round Number: Any
Type of Team: Any
If your controller disconnects (either through manual disconnect, out of battery, or inactiveness) while you're in certain menus, then you reconnect your controller, you cannot do anything and will have to quit the game back to the XMB.
I've found this happens in Team Lineup before a match, and all the team management options during a match (Team Lineup, Team Tactics etc.)

New Bug: Point to the wrong team and kick out at the other end
Type of Competition: AFL Premiership Season
Teams: Essendon vs. Hawthorn
Round Number: Preliminary Final
Difficulty: Legend

This was a funny one. I kicked a point at my (Essendon's) scoring end. A point was added to Hawthorn’s score and I received the kick out at the other end of the field. Before anyone suggests that I went the wrong way, the build up play was by a number of Essendon forwards, and it was in the middle of a quarter in which I’d already scored 8 goals, going the same direction.

Bug: Start of round 22, Cometti refers to it as "the final round of the home and away season" despite it pushing out to 24 rounds in 2011
Type of Competition: Premiership Season
Teams: Geelong v Sydney
Round Number: 22
Type of Team: Standard

Just went to start the round 22 game and Cometti goes "Well, as Jim Morrison once said, this is the end. The last round of the home and away season." But it's not, coz there's two more rounds now.

Type of Competition: Premiership Season
Teams: Collingwood
Round Number: Grand Final
Brief Description:

Went through the whole season and Cloke won the Brownlow medal:eek: He got injured in the Preliminary Final and missed the Grand Final. I then won the GF and Cloke got awarded the Norm Smith medal:confused:

It looks like the games set to name the NS medal winner as the best from the team throughout the year instead of BOG on GF day.

New Bug: Ball punched over the line after the siren doesn't count as a behind
Platform: Any
Type of Competition: Any
I had a set shot at goal after the siren, and it landed a metre short. The defender punched it through for a behind, but the behind was not paid, the quarter just finished with the scores as they were.

Teams: Collingwood

Not a big deal at all, but McNamara for Collingwood, the game says he has the #50 geurnsey (which is true) but on the ground he's wearing the #1 guensey.

Platform: XBOX
Type: Exhibition

Description: Twice playing 2v2 last night, the ball went through the goals(1 was a goal, 1 was a behind) and it was called a throw in. Only seemed to happen when it was a scramble close to the goal line.

Platform: 360
Type: Single Match
Teams: Melbourne

Tom Scully is playing as a right footer, when in fact he's a left footer.

Type: Competition Mode
Teams: Adelaide vs Collingwood Grand Final

I won the GF with Adelaide, afterwards, about 3 of the players were supposed to be running but instead it was a very awkward running motion. Hard to explain but they weren't running just like a standstill before you run the 100m sprint.

Also Scott Thompson is a right footer, not a left footer for the Crows.

Type: Competition Mode (season)
Teams: Collingwood vs anybody
Type of Team: standard

bug: at one point in the match (no set time, but has happened both in the third and forth quarters of games) i get an injury like a hamstring...then within 5 minutes get 3-4 more injuries of various natures

at first i thought it may have been fatigue, but then noticed players were getting injured even with half full stamina bars

this is on 'medium' injuries

if it was spread out i would ignore it, but it seems like a flurry of injuries as soon as one occurs is a bit of a bug, would be happy to be told this wasn't the case and the reason for these occurrences, cheers

New Bug:
Platform: Xbox 360
Type: Competition (20 minute quarters)
Type of Competition: Season
Teams: Collingwood vs Carlton
Round Number: 4

Shortly after bringing on the sub (not sure if there is a correlation there), ball went out of bounds in Carlton's forward pocket. For some reason they got the free kick and kicked a freak goal. Then instead of a ball up in the middle, the ball appeared on the ground and play resumed as normal. Both Carlton out of bounds free kick and no ruck contests continued for the next 4 goals. I then had a look at the team lineups in the management menu and both team's ruckmen had been wiped from the lineup, rendering the match a 17 man a side contest. Then as I attempted a team change, the game froze - infuriating when you've just played three and a half 20 minute quarters for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a set shot at goal after the siren, and it landed a metre short. The defender punched it through for a behind, but the behind was not paid, the quarter just finished with the scores as they were.

thats because as soon as the ball is touched its deemed play-on so if the siren has already gone theres no score.

New Bug: Game Freeze when Validating Teams for online
Platform: XBox 360
Type: Freeze
Type of Competition:
Teams:
I have created 10 teams but itstarted freezing even when i had 3 teams whilst it is trying to validate them for online play the game freezes (i can still accept invites from friends) just cant set them up or play randoms freezes everytime..

Platform: 360
Type: Quick Match
Teams: Hawks

Just played an online match and ended up with 12 players injured...... Fair to say my team became awefully crap and it was extremely frustrating. Seriously, 12 injuries! Caught the injured players names also.
Sewell, Ellis, Bateman, Renouf, Franklin, Hodge, Guerra, Young, Osbourne, Lewis, Shoenmakers and Stratton

Bit unrealistic and I'd call that a bug

New Bug: Stuck in loading screen.
Type of Competition: Season (Professional 3min 1/4)
Teams: St Kilda rd 3 v Essendon
Simulated all Rd games and then went to play my game and the game wouldn't load. The loading screen just kept going and going. Had to restart the game and try again but the same thing happened.

Platform: Xbox360
Type: Season
Type of Competition: AFL season - Professional
Teams: I was palying as Essendon
Round Number: 5
Type of Team: The usual team

I dont know if this is a bad bug but it still is one. I was playing on Professional difficulty and I was trying to get the achievement where you need to win 5 games in a row on Pro or harder. I wont my first 3, and just lost my 4th. I won the 5th and after I won it I unlocked the achievement.

incorrect. the ball is still live if it comes off a defender's spoil

It is only a point if the contact with the ball is incidental, eg if it is punched through it is not a "Rushed" behind. However if it was merely a "Touched" behind then it would be counted.

I would believe this is in the rules, amongst other things, to stop a player of the same side (attacking) punching through a behind after the siren.

sorry if these are already mentioned, didn't read the whole thread.

Teams: Assorted

1. Playing West Coast vs North Melbourne, gave away a fifty to put one of their forwards on the edge of goal square. He turns sideways and runs with the ball (a set shot run-up) out of bounds until play on was called and a ball up.

2. Me and brother playing on the same team (again vs NM I think) and when opposition was taking a shot, he purposely gave away a free (illegal bump) just as the ball went through the goals, the goal wasn't counted and a free was given to the player who was bumped, who took the shot at a much worse angle and missed.

3. Pretty sure already mentioned several times but the AI doesn't understand the concept of a shot after the siren, constantly just gives off a handball etc.

4. A minor one, in the NAB cup round one trialled out of bounds rule, if the ball comes off a marking contest via spoil it's supposed to be a throw in but it was still giving a free against in the game.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for it but:

New Bug: Wrong Listing
Platform: PS3 (Assumed)or Xbox 360 (Confirmed)
Type: List
Type of Competition: All
Teams: North Melbourne
Round Number: N/A
Type of Team: AFL

Robbie Tarrant is listed as a Centre Half Forward, he was drafted as such a few years ago but he actually plays CHB/Backflank. We rarely use him forward for an extended length of time.

Majak Daw is listed as Fullforward, he's a ruckman/backup ruck in the VFL atm, this one probably a little borderline.

New Bug: Extra Controller
Type of Competition: Season Mode and Custom Mode
Teams: Carlton

In Season mode or Custom Mode when I play on any setting. In the Controller section a extra controller come up on your selected team the seventh Controler. Which you can not take off.

When you play the game it only allows you to use halve your team. It is very annoying, when you get the halve of the team that is controlled by this it just stands there.

As advised before there are no blue tooth devices on and there is no extra Controller in the house

You using the PS3 controller? I have this happen when I use my PS2 controllers with the adapter thing.

New Bug: Extra Controller
Type of Competition: Season Mode and Custom Mode
Teams: Carlton

In Season mode or Custom Mode when I play on any setting. In the Controller section a extra controller come up on your selected team the seventh Controler. Which you can not take off.

When you play the game it only allows you to use halve your team. It is very annoying, when you get the halve of the team that is controlled by this it just stands there.

As advised before there are no blue tooth devices on and there is no extra Controller in the house

No offence but reading that you just think 'console issue'.

New Bug: Trophies not unlocking
Type of Competition: NAB cup
Teams: West Coast vs Hawthorn/Fremantle/Geelong/Hawthorn/Collingwood
Round Number: End of NAB Cup

Completed the NAB Cup on Legend, extreme injuries, real-time (20 min) quarters. Didn't sim my games. No Nabbed It Trophy. >_<

Extremely upset on this one, given how much time was wasted on this.

Also, Road Trip trophy won't unlock. I've played a zillion matches as the away team. Balls.

New Bug: Trophies not unlocking
Type of Competition: NAB cup
Teams: West Coast vs Hawthorn/Fremantle/Geelong/Hawthorn/Collingwood
Round Number: End of NAB Cup

Completed the NAB Cup on Legend, extreme injuries, real-time (20 min) quarters. Didn't sim my games. No Nabbed It Trophy. >_<

Extremely upset on this one, given how much time was wasted on this.

Also, Road Trip trophy won't unlock. I've played a zillion matches as the away team. Balls.

Have you edited the teams? Won't unlock if you have, you'll have to reset them.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live - Bug Reporting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back