AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live DLC out now?

Way overrpriced. Would like to see what's in it though.

How is it overpriced? At a minimum they are offering what other franchises put in a new $100 game for only $15. Games like CoD charge $20 for just a few maps, yet people still gobble that up - even new CoD games are just an overpriced, large map pack.

Ok so after a few hours the PSN network came back online (or the store, more specifically) but there is no new AFL DLC Pack in the 'New This Week' section and a search of AFL just produced the PSP game as a result........yet everything else on the PSN site WAS uploaded such as the Arkham City Demo...............help???

can someone tell ross to stop what hes doing and explain wat this dlc includes

i think its 2012 fixtures and rosters...no point having a 2012 rosters if u can only play 17 team season mode when theres 18 teams

as of 17.25 it hasnt been added to the playstation store, am eagerly waiting, i want to play as stkilda's 2012 side, saad milera, this will actually make me play it more if these are included.

Trying to help people out mate, if you don't like it, don't view the threads that i make, simple.
You explained nothing in the video, other than what we already know.

Says playstation store undergoing maintenence for me, been going on for a few hours now

Yeah same on mine mate but at roughly 20 past 4 it opened up again and thats when I had a glance at the New This Week section but there was no sign of the AFL DLC within. Not to complain but this is already a few months overdue and considering the game dropped over a year ago still amazed it hasnt been released on PC yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted that yesterday when like no one knew about it, that isn't the review mate, i did clearly say when it comes out i will review it, hard to review it when it isn't out..

walk into the kitchen, pull out the sandwich maker and snap your fingers! oh and thank me later for that lol

nope not up yet. could they have gone with it too early and have had tru blu/big ant pull it back? as everything on that list has been uploaded

OFF TOPIC: why is there a arkham city demo now? is there a updated version coming?

I am a bit of a dlc noob. Have been thinking, wouldn't it be that they can't add too many improvements otherwise they would lose compatibility with online gamers that haven't bought the patch? Or is that just the way it works with dlc, two sets of people playing two different versions of online.

Really surprised that Ross hasn't come on to clarify things, even with the TruBlu gag.

I am a bit of a dlc noob. Have been thinking, wouldn't it be that they can't add too many improvements otherwise they would lose compatibility with online gamers that haven't bought the patch? Or is that just the way it works with dlc, two sets of people playing two different versions of online.

That is a very good point.

This can't just simply be a roster update, considering it is optional, and could cause computability issues with people who decide not to purchase it.

On the contrary you only need the DLC in order to have the updated teams yourself

The data from the other team is taken completely from that users end as theirs no extra rendering or audio needed you don't need the dlc for a simple roster updates, it just means that you play with the old roster and stats and they play with the new ones great if your a Geelong or Melbourne fan, not so great if your say a west coast or bombers fan.

However if they added new stadiums and a team song then they would need need to release a free dlc that enables you to participate in such games online without paying for the whole dlc yourself

This is more common then most people realise.

Or, they could make it incompatable to play someone without the DLC so they get more money out of people.

I wouldn't be against it either. Game will still work both online and offline, just online you are limited as to who you can play.

Well, the link in the first post goes to the community forums. The official blog article for the PSN Store Update can be found here:-
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/23/heads-up-game-store-update-23-may-2012/

My guess is, the official blog article was posted, someone copied it and posted it in the forums, then someone at Sony figured out they'd made a mistake and removed AFL Live DLC mention from the official post.

Anyway, it doesn't look like a typo, so I'm guessing this will probably come out next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back