AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live DLC out now?

I am a bit of a dlc noob. Have been thinking, wouldn't it be that they can't add too many improvements otherwise they would lose compatibility with online gamers that haven't bought the patch? Or is that just the way it works with dlc, two sets of people playing two different versions of online.

Really surprised that Ross hasn't come on to clarify things, even with the TruBlu gag.

Mostly because I read here multiple times a day but only go to the "AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26" as I have it on a bookmark. If it wasn't for a PM I wouldn't have seen this tonight.

In any case, I cannot clarify anything at this time, Tru Blu will no doubt make an announcement soon.

Once things are in the public domain, ie I am off the leash :), then I will be happy to comment, support, and as always will listen to all views (both the negative and positive).

Anyway, it doesn't look like a typo, so I'm guessing this will probably come out next week.
Or I could be wrong....
Judging by the comments on the page, both AFL Live and Uncharted DLC were listed by not found in the store. Since then, someone else has commented saying that Uncharted DLC is now available.....So maybe AFL Live is also coming tonight?!?!

But, to be honest, I don't think TruBlu would release DLC without announcing it beforehand.

Mate, it would be EXACTLY like trublu to not announce it first, they will probably announce it a week after its available. Biggest dud company in this country

OFF TOPIC: why is there a arkham city demo now? is there a updated version coming?
There's a GOTY Edition coming out very soon.

Well, the link in the first post goes to the community forums. The official blog article for the PSN Store Update can be found here:-
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/23/heads-up-game-store-update-23-may-2012/

My guess is, the official blog article was posted, someone copied it and posted it in the forums, then someone at Sony figured out they'd made a mistake and removed AFL Live DLC mention from the official post.

Anyway, it doesn't look like a typo, so I'm guessing this will probably come out next week.
Obviously it looks to have been an early leak. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

For now, all we can do is wait until next week. As clearly, now that it's off the PS Blog's site, it is confirmed as NOT COMING this week.

So the rampant update check is going to be fruitless.

At least we know that BigAnt and Tru Blu haven't been sitting on their hands.;)

Mostly because I read here multiple times a day but only go to the "AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26" as I have it on a bookmark. If it wasn't for a PM I wouldn't have seen this tonight.

In any case, I cannot clarify anything at this time, Tru Blu will no doubt make an announcement soon.

Once things are in the public domain, ie I am off the leash :), then I will be happy to comment, support, and as always will listen to all views (both the negative and positive).

Just out of interest Ross, how often do TruBlu update you on when you are allowed to speak? Is it a daily, weekly, monthly thing or more of an ad hoc basis? I am guessing they won't ring you at 11pm on a Friday night to do it.

@Archer_11
Considering HES/Tru Blu owns the afl licence (i think) i dont think they have any option

Re: AFL Live DLC out soon?

Sounds like it could be just a roster update, including gws, season schedule and maybe the stadium.It would be worth it if it had a career mode, but at the moment I'm on the fence.
Although I'm happy to hear it hasn't been a one off game...:)rolleyes:backbreaker)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be included to make it worth $15:
-Roster Update
-2012 Season Game Mode
-2012 NAB Cup Game Mode
-Minor Tweaks
-Updated kits
-Blundstone Arena
-New player and team rankings (ie. Essendon, West Coast better)

(not that it matters, I'm buying it anyway)

Love the mentality of the average video game punter. Complain for months that they should be releasing a brand new version, even if it's just a roster update. Then when they release one as DLC, bitch that it's way over priced.

$15 to effectively make the game a 2012 version sounds fine to me. I'll be paying it as soon as it's downloadable. And if it's got more than the roster update in it, then yay, bonus.

Love the mentality of the average video game punter. Complain for months that they should be releasing a brand new version, even if it's just a roster update. Then when they release one as DLC, bitch that it's way over priced.

$15 to effectively make the game a 2012 version sounds fine to me. I'll be paying it as soon as it's downloadable. And if it's got more than the roster update in it, then yay, bonus.

This:thumbsu:

Absolutely gob smacked by people that don't think its worth $15

It's all a matter of personal opinion.

Personally, $15 for a roster update, new team and new stadium don't cut it for mine. Thought the original player stats (not team stats) were pretty ordinary back when the game came out anyway, so wouldn't expect too much with the roster update (not to mention Jeff Darling).

And please guys - There will be no game tweaks in the DLC. That's not what DLC is for and it just doesn't work like that. BigAnt/TruSpu are obviously still invested in the game however, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a free patch with gameplay tweaks, custom season fixes, new jumpers and updated sponsors released around the same time as the DLC (wait, yes I would).

It's all a matter of personal opinion.

Personally, $15 for a roster update, new team and new stadium don't cut it for mine. Thought the original player stats (not team stats) were pretty ordinary back when the game came out anyway, so wouldn't expect too much with the roster update (not to mention Jeff Darling).

And please guys - There will be no game tweaks in the DLC. That's not what DLC is for and it just doesn't work like that. BigAnt are obviously still invested in the game however, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a free patch with gameplay tweaks, custom season fixes, new jumpers and updated sponsors released around the same time as the DLC (wait, yes I would).

I agree, there would have to be a patch out if this DLC came out, so the people who don't have the DLC can still verse the people with the DLC online.

I agree, there would have to be a patch out if this DLC came out, so the people who don't have the DLC can still verse the people with the DLC online.

Not sure it would work like that for actual gameplay tweaks though, mate.

An example (among thousands) of where it does work is with new fighters in the UFC games, because everyone got a free update that allows you to play against others who have dlc fighters regardless of whether you've bought the dlc or not. The thing is, if you haven't bought the dlc, you can't actually use the new fighters youself, only play against them.

With actual gameplay tweaks (rather than new characters/teams etc.), how can they release a free patch to allow people without the new gameplay tweaks dlc to play against people with the new gameplay tweaks dlc, without actually giving them the exact same gameplay tweaks - only in a free update instead of dlc!

Same goes for a new stadium actually, why charge people for it when others will be able to play it for free when they are matched up with you online? I suppose you'd have the added advantage of being able to play that stadium offline at will though, as opposed to those that didn't purchase it through the dlc. Confusing...

Just doesn't work for gameplay tweaks though, and would make plenty more sense to just leave the gameplay tweaks to free updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back