AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna start off the speculation and say I reckon the new patch will mainly be for making the DLC compatible, including something to determine is players can player each other online....or whatever logic is needed to determine person with DLC vs person without DLC matches.

Also I reckon it'll include bug fixes, and slight gameplay tweaks.

Just seen the screenshots can't wait! only thing i think they forgot with updated guernseys is that they forgot about making the sponsor on the back of the swans jumper blue. oh well atleast we got an AFL DLC / Game! Thanks to HES/TruBlu and to Ross and BigAnt for their work. :D

Just seen the screenshots can't wait! only thing i think they forgot with updated guernseys is that they forgot about making the sponsor on the back of the swans jumper blue. oh well atleast we got an AFL DLC / Game! Thanks to HES/TruBlu and to Ross and BigAnt for their work. :D

This could also be an early screenshot prior to approvals, I'll check it out but we did get approval for every jumper from the AFL.

Lol, which thread to post in... :p

Ross, any chance you can advise if the guernseys are being fixed up ie. West Coast away should have white shorts with their royal blue, Richmond should have white shorts with their away strio (as it's exactly the same as their home strip by having black shorts). I think Essendon also need a white shorts option.

In fact, quite a number of strange guernsey/shorts choices (North have their "more blue" top with white shorts, Geelong's clash strip has white shorts and yet the top has "more blue"... there may be others I'm forgetting)

I'm gonna start off the speculation and say I reckon the new patch will mainly be for making the DLC compatible, including something to determine is players can player each other online....or whatever logic is needed to determine person with DLC vs person without DLC matches.

Also I reckon it'll include bug fixes, and slight gameplay tweaks.

Fairly confident Ross means the patch we already received ages ago.

AFL live as it was when released + Free patch which fixed marking contests (remember to spoil you never used to have to hold LT/L2, just had to use right stick by itself, which meant you couldn't jostle) + DLC = AFL Live GOTY Edition.

99.9% sure.

Personally, I'll pass until we get another free patch to disallow custom teams online, which I'm highly doubting we'll get now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone that thinks a roster update is worth $15 needs there heads checked. Very disappointing. I'm a loyal supporter and still play AFL online a few times a week but this is a garbage money grab

To those people calling it 'pricey', keep in mind, that big and has to pay the wages of their staff to do artwork, player modelling, photographing players, gathering player info, putting that into the game and im sure theres lots more.
They're a business and obviously they want to make money off of this but before that they have to pay their staff.
If you have been reading all of the posts about this game over the past 3 years or so, you could not have missed the discussions about the costs involved in making and releasing a game and when its targeted only at a small number of people, those costs become harder to regain.
I'd say their final product is half as good as FIFA with probably 2-3% of the funding from sales.
So be thankful that they're bringing out more for you and stop complaining about pricing.
Thanks Big Ant, I look forward to checking it out

Ok, just saw it.

Apologies to hirdylloydy1 and Ross. Credit where credit's due BigAnt :thumbsu: Just, for the love of god, please let the patch take away custom teams online!!! DLC will then be an instant day 1 purchase if so.
Don't hold your breath...

Ok, just saw it.

Apologies to hirdylloydy1 and Ross. Credit where credit's due BigAnt :thumbsu: Just, for the love of god, please let the patch take away custom teams online!!! DLC will then be an instant day 1 purchase if so.

Yeah, sorry, I read it somewhere then forgot there was three threads going nuts at the moment. Yep, Ross confirmed there is a new patch.... which we really have no idea about at the moment....but I kinda can't help get excited about some new gameplay stuff.

TruBlu tweeted that there is more news to come, so we'll see how that goes.

anyone that thinks a roster update is worth $15 needs there heads checked. Very disappointing. I'm a loyal supporter and still play AFL online a few times a week but this is a garbage money grab

The patch is free and you have a choice as to whether you buy the DLC or not.

31% goes to Sony or Microsoft. More goes to a retailer if it is sold via a shopfront.

I can understand the feeling about the price for some here but I can tell you that we did it at what will be a *significant* loss, it's an investment in goodwill with those that have stuck with AFL Live as we really do appreciate the support.

Cool, then book me in for a head check. Be thankful that they're giving you the option of a cheaper upgrade. If this was EA, they'd update the rosters, change the menu music and charge $100 for it. The fact that they're offering to make last year's game current for $15 is perfect imo. I can't think of a better way to keep the game fresh while they build towards the next version.

Surely it'll have the 2012 fixture as well. Otherwise it's pointless to add GWS other than for exhibition and online.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back