AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

If the game is on your start menu or a shortcut is on your desktop, try right-clicking it and selecting "Open File Location". If that's not an option, you can also select "Properties" and find the target location in there.
Appreciate your help, thankyou. I eventually found it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Must just have been a hiccup

I'm not sure if this has already happened because I haven't read every page but has anyone uploaded the AFL live 2012 game free as an ISO or something because you do know that 40 bucks doesn't grow on trees.

Cost us millions to make, that money doesn't grow on trees either. It's exactly this mentality, amongst other things, that would ensure no AFL games are never made to a reasonable level of quality.

Last edited:
Guys just got the game,

'Afl Live has stopped working' when i open the program?

i have windows 8? but i ran in windows 7/vista/xp compaitbility mode.

It's exactly this mentality, amongst other things, that would ensure no AFL games are never made to a reasonable level of quality.

I don't see how that logic applies when the game is 4 years old, unable to be downloaded legally and won't be reprinted ever/any time soon.
Also, the most pirated games in history have generally had very high sales anyway.

I don't see how that logic applies when the game is 4 years old, unable to be downloaded legally and won't be reprinted ever/any time soon.
Also, the most pirated games in history have generally had very high sales anyway.

Piracy can't be condoned, it's theft, if Tru Blu release it to the market for free then that's another matter - they haven't.

It can be purchased legally, there are copies about.

DBC has 500 to 1 pirates in India, it's sold bugger all there because of piracy. There's nothing you could cite that would support your claim. Obviously games that sell well are appealing and therefore more likely to be pirated. Games don't sell well because they are pirated, it's despite being pirated.

Not sure why I'm bothering.... in the order stated, they sold well then got pirated, not the other way around. Obviously.

They were popular then got pirated, not pirated then got popular because of that piracy (as you assert).

If you are interested, which I am not too sure you really are, there are studies that show if you can stop piracy for eight weeks on PC then you have a median of quadruple sales.

Last edited:
Guys just got the game,

'Afl Live has stopped working' when i open the program?

i have windows 8? but i ran in windows 7/vista/xp compaitbility mode.

checklist..

- create a Microsoft/Xbox live account, its free.
- download and install the latest game for windows live software..
- login to GFWL using your free account.
- make sure you have a windows live compatible PC/Microsoft controller. Xbox stylee.

It should work.

They sold well then got pirated, not the other way around. Obviously.
Wouldn't it go both ways? The sales create interest which leads to piracy and the piracy creates interest which leads to sales?

Also, Indian people are generally A LOT poorer than Australians, it would make sense that they're less willing to spend money on video games. I would assume that you would be better off adding micro transactions if you want money off them.

And yes, I did pay for my copy of AFL Live, before it gets brought up. It's actually my third copy (I also bought the PS3 and 360 versions)
20160927_201137.jpg

Last edited:
If it were that easy then I'd just give it away, as would everyone else. It doesn't work that way. Eight weeks clear of piracy is key, but the longer the better. Indeed, the reason some games come onto Console and not PC is nothing to do with tech, it's about piracy. We've had games that Tru Blu have not released on PC for that very reason.

I'd give it to the Indian market for a fraction of the price however they'd import it back to the West and kill us.

I wasn't going there, I figured you'd purchased the game. Thanks :)

Last edited:
If it were that easy then I'd just give it away, as would everyone else. It doesn't work that way. Eight weeks clear of piracy is key, but the longer the better.
Obviously you would prefer people to buy the game than pirate it, but pirates are gonna pirate.
I actually think in the specific case of AFL Live on PC, piracy would help create interest for a new AFL game. I understand that this is a unique case, where the remaining copies of the game only seem to be available at one store.
Also, I know I have a bias towards wanting this version of the game spread as much as possible because I've created mods for it. I would like to see more mods for it too.

I'd give it to the Indian market for a fraction of the price however they'd import it back to the West and kill us.
Couldn't you just sell their Steam versions for less? Or is that also exploitable?

I didn't think you would but I figured that someone might.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't you just sell their Steam versions for less? Or is that also exploitable?

They'd gift it to friends, sell codes, or even create an account with the one game and then sell that account.

checklist..

- create a Microsoft/Xbox live account, its free.
- download and install the latest game for windows live software..
- login to GFWL using your free account.
- make sure you have a windows live compatible PC/Microsoft controller. Xbox stylee.

It should work.

cheers mate. i got a ps4 controller working xD

now i just need to know how to use the 2016 afl list from BigAnton.

If it were that easy then I'd just give it away, as would everyone else. It doesn't work that way. Eight weeks clear of piracy is key, but the longer the better. Indeed, the reason some games come onto Console and not PC is nothing to do with tech, it's about piracy. We've had games that Tru Blu have not released on PC for that very reason.

Is there any money in advertising in the game itself? If Indians are playing it 100 hours, wouldn't it still be really good advertising for MRF to be all over the scoreboards and ground fences of huge cricket nuts whether they pay for software or not?

I don't know how possible it would be, but perhaps if it the software suspects it is pirated, they just get big ads in the game all the time. So they can still play, but only by eventually paying their way through countless ads.

Is there any money in advertising in the game itself? If Indians are playing it 100 hours, wouldn't it still be really good advertising for MRF to be all over the scoreboards and ground fences of huge cricket nuts whether they pay for software or not?

I don't know how possible it would be, but perhaps if it the software suspects it is pirated, they just get big ads in the game all the time. So they can still play, but only by eventually paying their way through countless ads.

BigFooty. Solving video game piracy, 1 post at a time!

You need to create a Microsoft account for "games for Windows live"(the program) using a Microsoft Xbox online account(you need to register a free account on the Microsoft website) ., just do a search and download Games For Windows Live, Login using your Microsoft live account and then launch that program (and login) before starting the game. Make sure that the controller is also compatible.

Also double check your firewall isn't blocking GFWL the program..

It should work.

I go to log in to Games for Windows Live, and the client keeps freezing.
Any suggestions?

Obviously you would prefer people to buy the game than pirate it, but pirates are gonna pirate.
I actually think in the specific case of AFL Live on PC, piracy would help create interest for a new AFL game. I understand that this is a unique case, where the remaining copies of the game only seem to be available at one store.
Also, I know I have a bias towards wanting this version of the game spread as much as possible because I've created mods for it. I would like to see more mods for it too.

I didn't think you would but I figured that someone might.

Pirates going to pirate is exactly why most companies don't bother releasing their games on PC. It's the mentality that if people can get something for free (even if it's done illegally) then they will and this can devastate small developers such as Big Ant Studios.

Piracy can't be condoned, it's theft, if Tru Blu release it to the market for free then that's another matter - they haven't.

It can be purchased legally, there are copies about.

DBC has 500 to 1 pirates in India, it's sold bugger all there because of piracy. There's nothing you could cite that would support your claim. Obviously games that sell well are appealing and therefore more likely to be pirated. Games don't sell well because they are pirated, it's despite being pirated.
Serious question. Where can I get a copy please? Live in the states but shipping is no probs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, I just bought a copy of AFL Live for PC but I can't get it running on my Windows 10 computer. It loads up to the start menu but whenever I try to advance, He just makes the button press noise and it doesn't advance. Any Help?

Hi Guys, I just bought a copy of AFL Live for PC but I can't get it running on my Windows 10 computer. It loads up to the start menu but whenever I try to advance, He just makes the button press noise and it doesn't advance. Any Help?
Try running in compatability mode for windows 7. That may help. Otherwise review what other apps / programs are also running in your PC. There may be a conflict. If this doesn't work re install the game. The issue you describe is highly unusual.

Try running in compatability mode for windows 7. That may help. Otherwise review what other apps / programs are also running in your PC. There may be a conflict. If this doesn't work re install the game. The issue you describe is highly unusual.
I cannot log into Games for Windows LIVE as well. Would that causing the problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back