Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

Some sort of "player control" system that allows you to sidestep, baulk, fend, etc.
This would help in evading the ridiculous amount of tackling as well as being able to find space.

I agree with 7/8 min quarters.

The commentary is very average to say the least and needs a lot of work, if time can't be spent on commentary then just get rid of it, because it sounds like it was lifted straight from the PS2 versions. Hand-in-hand, more atmosphere (audio wise) at the ground would be great, and could vary according to the stage of the game and the score at the time.

The camera, while it works well for the most part, I think it just needs to show a bit more of what is happening up the ground. Maybe a 'floating' style camera that angles more diagonally across the ground? - i dont know, it will always be a hard one to get right, lol.

The team management screen has been over-complicated and is just too confusing when it doesn't need to be. From memory the old AFL games (05/06) had similar features but were a lot more user friendly.

And lastly, a Career/management mode, including draft, multiple seasons, etc.

The playes name should be on top of the player, not down in the corner of the screen.

I dont think that would be any good, can u imagine inside the 50 at a bounce or trow in, u wouldnt be able to see the ground..

Player Stat updates through out the year..
Id like to see the AI sheaperd or bump.
Id like to be able to tap the ball along the ground instead of just kicking it.
More Comps and players like VFL, TAC, SAFL, WAFL..
Option to not worry about salary cap games online.

Really just go and look at EA soccer games this is the way most of us gamers wish AFL will go..well with the comps and amount of players and its manager modes it has to offer. Im sorta surprised that it already isnt more like them.

for future titles
Be a Player, just be 1 player, be a real life player or create your own and have your overall as 50 and by earning XP you can build up your stats.
Career Mode with draft and trade week is a must
Classic Matches, relive classic games example semi final 2005 Geelong VS Sydney or both 2005 and 2006 Grand Finals.
Be an Umpire, im laughing as i write but how about you be an Umpire, your form gets reviewed every week and if your the best around you get the Grand Final,if your doing terribly you get sacked, I'd play this, dont know how many will though.
Be a Coach, you just to tactics, interchange,sub,tagging,wether to go all out attacking or flood the defence to hold on to a lead, again I'd play but not to many others might.
Just a few suggestions

The advantage rule is something that really needs some tweaking. There's times where it works perfectly but there's times where you have no control over it and it results in a turnover.

I'd love to see more tackling features........

Like gang tackling where 2 or even 3 players crunch into a player, even if 1 guy holds up the man with the ball, and then a 2nd guy brings the player down, bit hard to explain.........

Defenitly sling tackles or 1 handed diving lunges

and about 6 or 7 more animations for variety

a quick option like in FIFA to change from defensive to attacking style of play with the D-pad, also possibly a camera angle that slightly rotates around the player from a mark to give a better view up field?

Frachise mode is a must have next time.
Full stats after the game. Dont think this would be a big issue to implement seen as it records the stats already.
AI to sheppard would enable a nice flow to the game.
Maybe an option to have a replay after you take a hang.

The advantage rule is something that really needs some tweaking. There's times where it works perfectly but there's times where you have no control over it and it results in a turnover.

Yeah. Maybe they could make it so that you need to press sprint if you want the advantage, if you don't press anything then it comes back for the free kick? Or something like that.

But as long as there is a Franchise mode with lots and lots of draft classes like Madden then I am happy. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gameplay only needs a few little tweaks at the most IMO....i would like Shepherding and some more evasive options like spins/sidesteps (Madden style) which could also double as options for avoiding shepherds as well as tackles!!

I think most improvement is obviously added gamemodes. Career/franchise mode is the obvious one.
I think its the small things that make this mode and as much as i love FIFA...NBA2k's career modes put it to shame....
**I think including stuff like Team and league historical Game/Season/career records that you can aspire to match or beat are a great for mode longevity and are a great little touch.
**Stats stats and stats.....League Leaders etc... much like we see in the papers on a monday (perhaps even end of season awards to players like overall disposal winner, hitout winner, tackles etc..that appear in a players profile and on an honour board)
**Ability to choose length of sim games for AI teams (to get more realistic stats for non-user controlled games)
Wish lists could go on forever but basically NBA2K does their career modes better than anyone and i'd be stealing ideas from there!!

Other little things would be:
**Loads of more quarter length options
**Game speeds (much like FIFA's slow normal fast)

Manager mode
Better grand final celebration
grand final competing teams logos on the arena surface
grand final logo on competing teams jumper on grand final day

Its only cos your not use to hearing it in real life :)
Will be hearing it in 2 weeks.:thumbsu::)
**Game speeds (much like FIFA's slow normal fast)
I'm personally against this idea.

First off it would take a TON more time to test it and how it works with the various different speeds, would also need to severely alter the gameplay to actually be suited to each speed. Maybe in 5 years when the game is well established should this be included.

Manager mode
Better grand final celebration
grand final competing teams logos on the arena surface
grand final logo on competing teams jumper on grand final day

if you dont mind me asking, what happens in the celebration?

if when people are saying a 'my player' mode they are talking like nba 2k's one thats a very big ask to do especially with an AFL game. i think this version is an amazing start to a franchise but for the next game all that it would really need is a association mode like 2k11 where you control trades, drafting, player moral etc. that would be awesome. Also if we could edit the existing afl players ratings, unless im just too dumb to figure out how.

if you dont mind me asking, what happens in the celebration?
If you're going to answer that, use spoiler tags, I'm sure some people want it to still be a 'surprise' no matter how poor it may be.

Will be hearing it in 2 weeks.:thumbsu::)I'm personally against this idea.

First off it would take a TON more time to test it and how it works with the various different speeds, would also need to severely alter the gameplay to actually be suited to each speed. Maybe in 5 years when the game is well established should this be included.

I still believe that the pace of the game should be lowered slightly. Though a lot of the fun comes from the high speed of the game, playing it for long periods of time gets repetitive fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

Back