Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

if you dont mind me asking, what happens in the celebration?
the players run around for about 2 seconds with hands in the air and then they are just posing for a photo with the cup, personally i think the the old celebrations were better when they went on a lap of honour, this is very plain and boring

I spoke to one of the guys at the EB store at the pre release trial, now I'm not sure if he worked for tru blu or big ant but anyway, he said that it was highly unlikely to be another AFL game after this. Maybe every say 3-5 years and that was if this game was a success.

Franchise mode for sure with multiple seasons with Trade Week and the National, Pre Season and Rookie Draft. However not like AFL Premiership 2007 when Chris Judd is the number 1 pick, Gary Ablett number 2 ect and all the teams have totally new rosters each year:eek::p

Put the Club songs in!!

God it's hollow winning a game and being greeted with nothing but a dull roar and some tired commentary.

They are in? I hear Sons of the West every time the Dogs win. Have you turned your music levels down?

Put the Club songs in!!

God it's hollow winning a game and being greeted with nothing but a dull roar and some tired commentary.
umm, aren't they already in?

I want to be able to use the right analog stick to spin out if tackles like I used to do in an old NFL game. Told Ross this at a play test and he said it was a good idea but I wanted to remind him here :p

I want to be able to use the right analog stick to spin out if tackles like I used to do in an old NFL game. Told Ross this at a play test and he said it was a good idea but I wanted to remind him here :p

Right Stick for side stepping with the ball.... and I like it as bump when you don't have possession at the moment.... but maybe it could be more as a direction thing.... i.e at the moment, if you have a guy to the left of you and you flick it to the right, you still bump the guy.
Sometimes it'll even direct the bump towards another player, when you intended to get someone else.

I just wish there was an option to change the button configeration on the controller. I would swap mark and tackle from TRIANGLE to R2 and make snap,stab and torpedo just a one button press of the TRIANGLE. In that way it would also make spoil easier also by hitting L2 and R2 together.

I would also swap handball and goalkick with each other.

Just setting up the controls the way you want would make it a lot easier for noobs (and me) and would help getting the ball out from ruck contests easier.

Get rid of the lame flags waving in the crowd. I understand flags wave at the footy but the ones in the game are very bad. Maybe bring them back when BigAnt have the capabilities to make them look better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you save ya game have it state Difficulty and game time length.
I have 1 for amateur going (for the trophy) and my normal 1 and if you cant remeber last 1 you played you dont know which 1 is which. This is only a minor thing but no biggy.
Stats Stats Stats like i said before. Played it with some mates other day that dont come on here and this was there biggest gripe.
So many blokes in our footy club has it and it dominates talks at training and FB lol

My biggest issue with AFL Live is that it seems much harder to consistently hit targets by foot than it should be. I don't think I have seen anyone else really complain about this so maybe I am just poor at it... But I have played about 30+ games at this stage so I consider that if I was ever going to start hitting targets regularly it would have happened by now.

One problem I find is that there are very few situations when I have a loose man to kick to, even backwards or sideways in defence, so it is almost impossible (and certainly not worth the effort) to affect a switch of play. Another issue is that IMO it is too hard to hit a target consistently, even when you have time to size up options (e.g. running in space or after a mark/freekick). I can usually hit up a target leading straight at me using the L2 targetting as it just aims the ball at the man. But this doesn't seem to work when the player is leading sideways as it just kicks the ball to where the targetted man was, not where he is heading.

Here are my ideas to make the kicking game better:

1.) Non-controlled players better able to find space when your team has the ball(obviously much moreso in the back half and after a turnover when players are out of position). Clearly this could be made possibly by having players (especially forwards) not 100% capable of tagging their man all the time, or having teams use zones at times instead of going man on man. Another possibility is that teams flood back, allowing easy sideways and backwards kicks, but I am not so sure about this one.

2.) When carrying the ball and targetting a player with the L2, a kick to the targetted player should kick it to their advantage (i.e., in front of their lead or deeper/higher if the kick needs to be chipped over an opponent). This could be done automatically (the game guesses which side of the player the aim the kick) or manually (e.g. as you power the kick you use the left stick to decide which side of the player to put the ball. There could be a setting to decide whether you want it to be auto or manual.

3.) When carrying the ball and targetting a player there should be a button to call for them to lead. To make it simple they might only lead straight at you, or to be more fancy you could (for example) be able to use the right stick to tell them which direction to lead.

4.) Have a setting that when switched on would make a kick to the targetted player automatically have the right power - this would help less skilled players out and make the game more enjoyable as they could ping the ball around more accurately. Of course ranked online matches should always have this setting disabled.

I understand that doing some of these things would make the game too easy for some people and could be exploited online, so (as mentioned) it would be good to have settings for these things and disable them for online play if necessary.

I really think if some or all of these suggestions were incorporated into the next version the kicking aspects of the game would be unbelievable and the game would be extremely good.

I hope you read this Ross and maybe pass on some of these ideas to your development team.

1. Love to see a drag and drop style player interchange, though I like the idea of the dpad changes whilst the game is going on its not practical and you cant see who players opponents etc are to make good decisions.

Could set it up like a white board and swap players around the field or off the bench. Fatigue ratings etc would show on the board.

2. Get together with the maker of Premiership Coach and incorporate both games together. Like FIFA and FIFA manager did a few years back.

3. More tactical options around the stopages so easier to break out of the congestion.

4. When players have taken a mark or have a free, the ability to scan the ground left and right to look for leads. Have been caught by the boundry line in side dynamic mode with no idea of whats infront of me with oput looking at the radar.

Not really a feature but the game needs alot more music.
I'd rather them spend the cash on development. There's always the option of them putting in a boring generic tune like IR Gurus did. :eek:

Actually, no. I never want to go through that boring/depressing shit again. At least the 2011 songs make me cheery. :D

Yeah music should be WAY down the list of priorities.

Also @grab, hitting targets isn't that hard. Just lock on with LT/L2 and put a bit less power on the kick so they run on to it.

If they made it easier than this the game would be too easy, people would just be hitting targets and taking chest marks all day.

Now that I'm getting better, I find that the game is VERY realistic.

I'd rather them spend the cash on development. There's always the option of them putting in a boring generic tune like IR Gurus did. :eek:

Actually, no. I never want to go through that boring/depressing shit again. At least the 2011 songs make me cheery. :D

I think generic tunes without any singing get on your nerves a lot less so I wouldn't be against it.

I would like to see players be given star attributes like Fifa does. for instance, speedy players who run and carry with bounces at pace should have attribute bonuses for:
1) speed & acceleration (obvious)
2) ball bouncing...speedsters should be able to motor along bouncing the ball at will with the user having to continue to let go of the run button...just look at Dangerfields run down the guts against freo where he burnt Hill, he wasn't stop starting with his pace

similar concepts could be applied to all attributes. Fifa does this well and it makes certain players stand out like it should

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

Back