AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Think there are a hell of a lot more grubs in the competition, but grubs wouldn't be in this competition if umpires stamped down on it.

I don't think I'm the first person to see umpires seeing a bloke take another blokes head off for the umpires to put the whistle at their mouth and not blow it.

Think there are a hell of a lot more grubs in the competition, but grubs wouldn't be in this competition if umpires stamped down on it.

I don't think I'm the first person to see umpires seeing a bloke take another blokes head off for the umpires to put the whistle at their mouth and not blow it.[/

I don't think I'm the first person to see umpires seeing a bloke take another blokes head off for the umpires to put the whistle at their mouth and not blow it.

Agree.

Im hearing a very depleted rep team to take on Rocky in a couple of weeks.

Agree.

Im hearing a very depleted rep team to take on Rocky in a couple of weeks.
Sadly in these days and times Rep Footy is dead; mind you one of the benefits is that it does break down some of the inter club barriers with in the player ranks; Rep footy should be scrapped; too costly to all clubs if one of there best players go down with an injury

Sadly in these days and times Rep Footy is dead; mind you one of the benefits is that it does break down some of the inter club barriers with in the player ranks; Rep footy should be scrapped; too costly to all clubs if one of there best players go down with an injury
Think that's what's happened this year, 2 blokes hurt themselves at training, Saltmarsh and Clark which kills the Hawks. And I think there were a few hurt at the City Vs. Country game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way to get a bearing on this competition, I think we will only see the best teams come finals. Everyone is beating everyone at the moment.

Just saw the Mackay Rep team; 1 Mackay City player selected; what an absolute disgrace; aren't they on top of the ladder; and only 1 player made available; good to nothing has changed; its all about them; congratulations to Magpies (6 players 6th on the ladder) Tigers (5 players 5th on the ladder) Swans (4 players 4th on the ladder) Sea Eagles (5 players 2nd on the ladder); and the Hawks wonder why no one likes them and no one respects them.

Just saw the Mackay Rep team; 1 Mackay City player selected; what an absolute disgrace; aren't they on top of the ladder; and only 1 player made available; good to nothing has changed; its all about them; congratulations to Magpies (6 players 6th on the ladder) Tigers (5 players 5th on the ladder) Swans (4 players 4th on the ladder) Sea Eagles (5 players 2nd on the ladder); and the Hawks wonder why no one likes them and no one respects them.
Mate, it's not through ability levels. It's based on people who actually wanted to do it lol.

A far cry from the home team, most of whom are picked on form. A couple of changes were made to accommodate players being unavailable (for example Kane Haua is playing for Qld 17's this week against Tasmania in Melbourne, replaced by Patty O'Shaugnessy who initially wasn't in the 27 last week). Majority of our side are from Yeppoon with 10 players and the coach (even if Craig O'Brien is assistant to Mark Wallin and coaches the Under 17s in his own right). Haven't played/coached at Stenlake this year yet (scheduled to play there next Saturday) so can't tell you how the deck is. I won't be there Saturday as I'm doing the Gold Coast Marathon and will be at Carrara for Suns-North.

What a stupid comment. How many saints players playing? But back to the hawks 5 players are injured haven't played club footy in 3 weeks 1 of which was injured at rep training, and the other 3 are working. U expect them to give up work then pay $90 to play. U tell me why the league would spend $12000 to play the rep games where maybe 1 or 2 players get in NQ team. And on the hawks we are like any local club, run by a few local volunteers that donate a lot of time to keep the club running. We have been successful over the last few years but it's all down to hard work and a strong club culture.

U tell me why the league would spend $12000 to play the rep games where maybe 1 or 2 players get in NQ team

Where they are played out of position when they get on the ground because it's practically a Cairns team with token selections, and based on last year the NQ team was actually less unified than the South Qld team despite 18 players playing in Cairns.

What a stupid comment. How many saints players playing? But back to the hawks 5 players are injured haven't played club footy in 3 weeks 1 of which was injured at rep training, and the other 3 are working. U expect them to give up work then pay $90 to play. U tell me why the league would spend $12000 to play the rep games where maybe 1 or 2 players get in NQ team. And on the hawks we are like any local club, run by a few local volunteers that donate a lot of time to keep the club running. We have been successful over the last few years but it's all down to hard work and a strong club culture.

Sorry remind me where the Hawks home ground and clubrooms are??? Club Culture; PLEASE!!! Their volunteers don't mow and mark their CRICKET GROUND!!! Where are their honour boards??? Where are their Premiership Flags hanging??? Yes Success! But No Spirit! No Tradition! No Culture!

Sorry remind me where the Hawks home ground and clubrooms are??? Club Culture; PLEASE!!! Their volunteers don't mow and mark their CRICKET GROUND!!! Where are their honour boards??? Where are their Premiership Flags hanging??? Yes Success! But No Spirit! No Tradition! No Culture!
Not hard to be a volunteer at a club that gets spoon fed!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back