AFL Membership Vs Collingwood Club Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, so I'm a bit confused about how the Collingwood membership works.
I want to get the Season ticket-General Admission for all Home games.
Does that mean I just rock up to the gate show my card and get in? Or what's the go.
Also, what if I wanted to go with a few mates? Would I have to buy a ticket?
You will get general admission access. If you want to go with friends they can purchase a general admission ticket as well and sit together on a first in best dressed basis in the dedicated areas (usually level 4 of the MCG for Collingwood games)

If you want to reserve a seat you can get a discounted rate by entering your membership number online before purchasing. Yours will be cheap while others without memberships will be regular price.

The club then has to fork out membership packs for 12,500 people.

You actually have to collect the hats these days, so I doubt the amount of people collecting would actually be that high. I also doubt that all regular members actually collect their hats.

I'd like to know about the "add ons" you were talking about. What does that refer to specifically?

We pay more than 3 game members. Why are you not arguing that they should not get a cap?

What "add-ons"?
Anything and everything that isnt purely ground access.
We pay more than 3 game members. Why are you not arguing that they should not get a cap?
You get access to more than three games. What is it up to now 40 H&A plus first couple of weeks of finals.

The 3 game member pays for access to 3 games plus the additional add ons and overheads as set by the club, so the cost of the cap is included in their fee.

It is a pretty simple concept, if you want the best value offering get an AFL membership. If you want your money to go to Collingwood to benefit the club get a Pies membership.

The clubs consider AFL membership to be a competing product, not a complementary one.

I don't care what people purchase, do what works best for you...but the clubs would rather you were a club member...perhaps stop and think why that would be.

What do you mean extra money? The Pies miss out on more membership revenue than all clubs, as the Carringbush account for 25% of the AFL members. And yet we are still taxed and have to double dip and give back to the pot again.

I dont know the current numbers, it appears the AFL has stopped releasing the breakdown in the Annual Report, but Wookie was tracking them with final figures in 2012

http://www.worldofwookie.com/footywiki/index.php/Club_Support_(AFL_Members)

Collingwood made up more than 25% of the AFL memberships, with over 12,500 AFL members ticking Collingwood club support.

The club then has to fork out membership packs for 12,500 people who have chosen to sign up with the biggest competitor to Collingwood that exists, the AFL membership, instead of dealing with the club directly.

If they take club support doesn't $150 go to the club? That's more than a 3 game membership and yet the club happily incurs the cost of the pack and all the on costs that an AFL club support does not.

If they take club support doesn't $150 go to the club? That's more than a 3 game membership and yet the club happily incurs the cost of the pack and all the on costs that an AFL club support does not.
Yes but they would be hopeful of turning a % those 3 game members into more expensive Collingwood memberships down the track.

AFL members are a lost cause they have made their decision based on cost/sitting with friends & family.

I think the club should offer a "toys for guns" type amnesty. AFL Pie members can hand in their AFL membership & receive a cap.

Everybody wins.

You will get general admission access. If you want to go with friends they can purchase a general admission ticket as well and sit together on a first in best dressed basis in the dedicated areas (usually level 4 of the MCG for Collingwood games)

If you want to reserve a seat you can get a discounted rate by entering your membership number online before purchasing. Yours will be cheap while others without memberships will be regular price.

Thanks for the information, but I'm not keen on sitting in the heavens to watch the game.

How long does it usually take for the AFL to get their memberships out? Haven't received mine yet but if it entitles me to entry for tonight's game for free I'd rather not pay...

If you haven't got your card yet , just take your receipt, of your membership payment.

Either print it out if you got an email payment confirmation or an over the counter payment receipt.

There should be some AFL officials or at the gate that you can show it to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven't got your card yet , just take your receipt, of your membership payment.

Either print it out if you got an email payment confirmation or an over the counter payment receipt.

There should be some AFL officials or at the gate that you can show it to
I had this happen to me one year, last years card will still be active until the about a week or so prior to round 1

Just received another email from CFC.

We will review the AFL packs at the end of the year and try to improve for the future.
Thanks again for your feedback in regards to having Wider Brim Hats available.

Don't think they have any idea, I never said anything about having a wider brim hat!

Think they may have gotten a few emails and mixed me up with another person but not a bad idea for the summer but given it is a winter sporto_O

How long does it usually take for the AFL to get their memberships out? Haven't received mine yet but if it entitles me to entry for tonight's game for free I'd rather not pay...

It's random it seems. A mate and my brother-in-law have there's already. I rang on Wednesday asking where mine are (AFL remember card and reserved seat card) and the dude checked the system saying they were dispatched the start of last week. I said ... "where are being dispatched from? Fricken Russia on camel back?!?!?!" He laughed and blamed it on Aussie Post saying it should by the end of the week. (sigh) .... what can you do? :-(

I love my full AFL Membership, brilliant access/service

No way would I give my full memberships up.
I remember listening to a conversation on radio between Eddie and a supporter.
I don't know what the supporter was complaining about.
Eddie replied: That's why I am President and you are just a supporter.
Yeah - well that's why I am an AFL Member and not apologizing for having the privileges that go with it.
Won't be begging anyone for a Grand Final ticket ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Membership Vs Collingwood Club Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back