AFL players probed over fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Austin (Croshere): 3/16 said:
Yo dingus...most on here are only saying we should give them the benefit of the innocent before guilty principle because they play for 'our' team.

And you would know this how?

Exactly.

You don't. You just ascribe your own infantile biases to everyone else.

Eagle87 said:
Absolutely nothing.

Of course all of you held off on any opinions on the Cousins and Gardiner issues BEFORE they were proven in the courts didn't you? ;)

Certainly there was no rush to judgement on BF or demand for punishment BEFORE proof of guilt.

Glass houses and all that ...

PS: I note that Eddie wanted Morrison sacked for his relatively minor indiscretion earlier this year and Mick was happy to comment on "troubled" players at other clubs - I wonder what the two of them will do if the players who have been named by the club as Tarrant & Johnson are charged with any serious offences?

Thats because he is useless.

Palmer Stoat said:
Jeebus Christmas, you've really copped a beating from the stupid stick, haven't you?

I'll try to make it simple for you... The Age doesn't decide who gets charged and who doesn't. The police do. The Age doesn't decide who's guilty and who isn't, and what for. The courts do.

So you'll excuse us if we don't want to lynch anyone on the basis of one brief article.
Your in denial LOL.Its all over the media

itsintheblood said:
"Our players are innocent. INNOCENT I TELL YOU!!! It's all a pack of lies. Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson were safely tucked into bed at the alledged time of the incident."

07minister6pa.jpg
That got lots of laughs :thumbsdown:

rick James said:
Apparently had the guy on the ground, kicking him, then someone either trying to break it up or trying to intervene recognised them and said they were in big trouble, that person also copped a hiding.

bit of a worry.
Sounds like a lot like the "great" Lou Richards who used to kick opposition players when they were on the deck.

Had to be Collingwood players.

A pity Tarrant isn't as brave on the footy field when it's his turn "to go" and there are bigger men around.

Gutless! :thumbsdown:

Palmer Stoat said:
Jeebus Christmas, you've really copped a beating from the stupid stick, haven't you?

I'll try to make it simple for you... The Age doesn't decide who gets charged and who doesn't. The police do. The Age doesn't decide who's guilty and who isn't, and what for. The courts do.

So you'll excuse us if we don't want to lynch anyone on the basis of one brief article.

Cameron Cloke caught speeding 140 in a 100 zone - fine & loss of licence
Brodie Holland punching a woman - found guilty
Chad Morrison drink driving - $20K fine and loss of licence
now CT & BJ - assault & battery.

CFC - the most famous club of thugs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry Tan said:

Never argue with idiots. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

With that in mind, I'm going to stop arguing. You clearly have the IQ of a ******ed orang-utan.

Eagle87 said:
Absolutely nothing.

Of course all of you held off on any opinions on the Cousins and Gardiner issues BEFORE they were proven in the courts didn't you? ;)

Certainly there was no rush to judgement on BF or demand for punishment BEFORE proof of guilt.

Glass houses and all that ...

PS: I note that Eddie wanted Morrison sacked for his relatively minor indiscretion earlier this year and Mick was happy to comment on "troubled" players at other clubs - I wonder what the two of them will do if the players who have been named by the club as Tarrant & Johnson are charged with any serious offences?
Not sure Eddie wanted Morrison sacked. Where did you get that from?
Anyway, re Gardiner FWIW:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19877725%5E19763,00.html
"COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire said yesterday it was important for AFL clubs to support footballers through off-field problems, rather than sack them"

Pretty light weight stuff but sort of relevant.

Palmer Stoat said:
Never argue with idiots. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

With that in mind, I'm going to stop arguing. You clearly have the IQ of a ******ed orang-utan.

there's no argument. the players are in the wrong, doesn't matter which team they play for. If they were RFC players, I wouldn't lower my self to defend the indefensible - what they did was serious and you wouldn't like to be the victim of something like that.

they deserve every backlash they will get, and it's going to be severe.

Terry Tan said:

You forgot Dane Swan's bashing spree in Fed Square.

Terry Tan said:
Dancing with the stars was more offensive.

Sam's phone will go into meltdown on the footy show this week and Eddie will hush it up again.

Who was the player that was caught abusing himself in his car?

We didn't hear alot about that on TFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL players probed over fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back