AFL - Prospectus 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the MN a derivation of the total payment pool- which does exist?

Yes and no, as you know Walesy from that work we did at the start of last year. The TPP and player pricing / scoring was the key to the variable but creating an MN gives the same result overall. Only problem is you can't work it out in advance without the VS formula

Yes and no, as you know Walesy from that work we did at the start of last year. The TPP and player pricing / scoring was the key to the variable but creating an MN gives the same result overall. Only problem is you can't work it out in advance without the VS formula

So that fan planner isn't really on the money so to speak?

So that fan planner isn't really on the money so to speak?

Its an educated guess. For the purpose of allowing us to start constructing a team it lets us see what sort of structure we might want. m0nty has arbitrarily used a MN of 4273 to calculate prices. Even if m0nty is very close with the MN there are still several unknown such as how 2009 rookies at GC will be treated, discounts (which seem to vary from year to year) and positioning/DP. But until we get the real McCoy its the best we have.

Throughout the year, that's completely true- we can fairly accurately guess, but it's still a guess. At the start of the year though, that number doesn't change- so to find it out for one player means that we can reasonable accurately work out prices for the rest of them. It's the one time of the year where the MN is, for all intents an purposes, entirely useful.

From the ChampionData Website

"The book will be printed and released in late January. We will contact you with delivery details."

Gee I hope this is NOT true!! I was so looking forward to receiving this prospectus this week.

From the ChampionData Website

"The book will be printed and released in late January. We will contact you with delivery details."

Gee I hope this is NOT true!! I was so looking forward to receiving this prospectus this week.

Sounds like the same crap as last year.
What's the bet it is out in Bookstores before being posted?

For memory, I got my posted copy almost 2 weeks after it was available in book stores.

Glad I didn't pre-order this year.

It is in Champion Data's best interests to have it posted out before hitting shop floors this time around. They know they pissed off a lot of people last year. Besides, Christmas pre-sales would be their bread and butter and would give them a nice little kicker before the silly season :D

It is in Champion Data's best interests to have it posted out before hitting shop floors this time around. They know they pissed off a lot of people last year. Besides, Christmas pre-sales would be their bread and butter and would give them a nice little kicker before the silly season :D

Yep, I gave Glenn that feedback at a work meeting at the start of last year that it would be better for pre-sales to hit before it hits the stores. He definitely took it on board and was keen for that to happen.

I think they were looking at 15 Jan or thereabouts for the pre-sales this year but are reliant on the printers when they come back from holidays.

I haven't been involved this year but Warnie's had some involvement this year and may be able to confirm.

Warnie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I gave Glenn that feedback at a work meeting at the start of last year that it would be better for pre-sales to hit before it hits the stores. He definitely took it on board and was keen for that to happen.

I think they were looking at 15 Jan or thereabouts for the pre-sales this year but are reliant on the printers when they come back from holidays.

I haven't been involved this year but Warnie's had some involvement this year and may be able to confirm.

Warnie?

I don't know for sure, but I think the books are done and ready to be (if not already) posted. Luffy said they would hopefully be out by the 15th Jan. So, fingers crossed they might be in our letterboxes/front door step/handed over from the courier tomorrow or Friday.

Will let you know when we get ours!!

I hear they have really let their standards down this year and are letting all kinds of dodgey people do articles. ;)

sbb.jpg

Just got an email

Dear 2011 AFL Prospectus buyers,

Thank You for your purchase and patience! The book printing is now complete and our fulfilment agent completed the packing this morning. Your book is now in the hands of Australia Post (or Australian Air Express) and en route. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we enjoy producing it.

Regards,

Champion Data Prospectus Team.

Can I get a HELLZ YES? :D

Is it just the pre Christmas orders that should be arriving tomorrow? Ordered mine early Jan so will probs get mine a bit later right?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL - Prospectus 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back