MVP AFL Round 11 votes - Geelong v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a Geelong supporter, you are welcome to cast your votes in this thread. At season's end a vote count night will be organised, where round by round we will tally the votes to announce the Geelong Board 2011 Most Valuable Player. For four consecutive years this award has gone to the Geelong Best and Fairest.

Please structure them exactly in this fashion:

Re: AFL Votes Round 11 - Geelong vs Western Bulldogs

5. Scarlett
4. Ottens
3. Pods
2. SJ
1. J. Hunt ( for showing the AFL you can hit hard fairly)

5 - Ottens - 18 touches, 10 of which were contested, 10 marks, 16 hitouts and 5 goals. The complete game from a ruckman/forward.
4 - Podsiadly - Took control in the first quarter, took numerous contested marks, kicked well and presented all day long. Great performance.
3 - Selwood - Won a stack of the footy despite spending time forward, used it well, got his usual amount of clearances and came with the added bonus of a couple of goals.
2 - Johnson - Would have been higher if not for a few selfish acts in the first half.
Those aside, he generally worked hard, laid tackles, took some strong marks and contributed on the scoreboard.
1 - Stokes - Got a heap of the footy, used it superbly, tackled and pressured hard, kicked a few goals and gave one or two away.
His game could be easily overlooked but he again showed that he's taken his game to another level and in the process has become a legitimate midfield option who still manages to kick a goal or two a week.

5. Otto (and not just because of the 5 goals!)
4. Pods (effective when the game was to be won)
3. Joel Corey (clearance master)
2. Scarlett (dominated the backline and a goal to boot!)
1. Stoker (nice delivery all day, especially to Scaro!)

From the replay,
5. Ottens
4. Dog
3. Bartel
2. Stokes
1. Scarlett.
Different perspective with the "aid" of the commentators.

5. Ottens-completely dominant in the ruck and up forward
4. Pods-was splitting packs and clunking them from everywhere when the game was there to be won
3. Bartel-great return to form, nice to see him play all over the ground and times and use his beautiful marking
2. SJ-not just for the boundary line goal, did great work most of the day
1. Vardy-a fair few others also had claims on the 1 vote, but for a 19YO Ruckman to play that well was so voteworthy-exactly the player we needed to come through

HM's Selwood Stokes Scarlett Corey Taylor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Brad Ottens
4. James Podsiadly
3. Joel Selwood
2. Matthew Stokes
1. Steve Johnson

Kelly did deserve a vote for that mark after being subbed out but couldn't fit him.

Will prob change my votes after i re-watch the game.

5. Otto
4. Jimmy
3. Pods
2. Stokesy
1. Stevie Jay

HM: Vards, H, Linga, Smithy

5. J.Podsiadly
4. B.Ottens
3. S.Johnson
2. N.Vardy
1. A.Mackie

Was so impressed with Mackie, the most I've been in a while. Selwood probably deserved a vote or two, but I felt Mackie's efforts should be commended, because they rarely are. I felt this game was the perfect time.

Vardy is on his way to becoming a legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back