Afl - round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney only play 2 or 3 games at the MCG every year anyway so it's not like they are on a horror losing streak. And Sydney is the most experienced/oldest list versus Richmond whose weekly playing list is about the 3rd or 4th youngest so you could certainly make a case for Richmond to drop this one after a scrappy game against Port. So bet away punters, hopefully Richmond can get out to $2.30 before Saturday.

If Collingwood couldnt smash the Dogs then they wont be able to smash the Lions in Brisbane

On fire at the moment so going to start posting some bets.

Value this week is:

Essendon to win
Adelaide to win
Freo and Coll are as safe as houses, not the worst idea to include them in multis.

Reckon Rich should be a bit shorter but not sure if I will bet there.

On fire at the moment so going to start posting some bets.

Value this week is:

Essendon to win
Adelaide to win
Freo and Coll are as safe as houses, not the worst idea to include them in multis.

Reckon Rich should be a bit shorter but not sure if I will bet there.

Dunno about Freo. Agree on the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood couldnt smash the Dogs then they wont be able to smash the Lions in Brisbane

That's silly. Just because they got a bit of a scare last week doesn't mean they are a side anywhere near Brisbane enough to make it a proper contest....sometimes good teams don't belt teams every week. West coast limped over the line against Richmond; does that mean they couldn't thrash a team like Port Adelaide?

Early Thoughts

Essendon +39.5
Adelaide +24.5
Hawks -24.5

@ 2.01

Add to multi Syd +24.5

@ 2.72

I reckon the syd - rich game will be a nail biter. Another valiant loss to Rich for mine.

I like the crows at the moment. I'm not sure how they will respond after such a tough hard game against the swans but I like them at home.

I'm actually tipping a draw between essendon and WC but CB doesn't seem to offer that market???

That's silly. Just because they got a bit of a scare last week doesn't mean they are a side anywhere near Brisbane enough to make it a proper contest....sometimes good teams don't belt teams every week. West coast limped over the line against Richmond; does that mean they couldn't thrash a team like Port Adelaide?

No its not, they are not the same Collingwood side of the last 2 years. They struggled with the Dogs, only beat Port by 24 at the MCG, only beat Richmond by 21. These are games they would be winning by 10 goals+ over the previous 2 years. They snuck home over the Bombers, they got smashed by Carlton and were no where near good enough for Hawthorn.

Brisbane at the line is a very good bet imo

Brisbane have won 9 of the past 11 against Collingwood at the GABBA. Brisbane is massive overs for me at around $5.50

It seemed to be the Big Forwards that gave Pies the trouble in the past. The Lions have a completely different setup now and Brown is certainly not at his best. Brown/Fevola 8 goals between them in an 8 point win. Brown 5 in a another loss. Bradshaw 3 goals in a two point win. Mitch Clark 5 goals in a 5 goal loss. Brennan with 7 on another occasion, the only one left is Brown!
I would like a line of around 40 before diving into Brisbane.

It seemed to be the Big Forwards that gave Pies the trouble in the past. The Lions have a completely different setup now and Brown is certainly not at his best. Brown/Fevola 8 goals between them in an 8 point win. Brown 5 in a another loss. Bradshaw 3 goals in a two point win. Mitch Clark 5 goals in a 5 goal loss. Brennan with 7 on another occasion, the only one left is Brown!
I would like a line of around 40 before diving into Brisbane.
please don't bring up that brennan 7. hacksville that night, hooper i think kicked 4 and our best goalkicker was i think maxwell on 3 :eek:

i flew down for that with the missus (not really a footy fan but an antagoniser of me) and two other lions fans. good times :thumbsu:

because of that (and pretty much the last decade) i go into no lions v collingwood games with any confidence at all so reckon the lions are value but it's almost certainly a decade of scarring that's giving me that viewpoint

also: if north don't touch up the dogs by 6 goals + i'll almost give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back