AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the MCC still get "walk up" access to concerts @ MCG?

seeing as the AFL owns Marvel, blocks of tickets to cricket/concerts etc at Marvel and maybe MCG, available to Gold members at a discount (or free) would be a huge benefit.

From memory - For Guns n roses and Taylor Swift, you were able to buy discounted tickets in a pre sale event.

As a Gold Member, going through that survey was horrible.

Any mention of a ballot just got me angry.

This is the whole reason I'm an AFL Gold Member, to get guaranteed Grand Final Tickets if my club is in the Grand Final, and have a pretty high chance to get tickets if my club isn't in it and to just go as a neutral.

Some changes I'd like to be seen is to prioritise club support, Gold and Silver to all finals, not just the grand final, then if there's any left over tickets, then have onsale to the rest of the AFL Members just like in the Grand Final. Could also get behind the idea of prioritising Club Support to big Home and Away Games, like Anzac Day, Collingwood vs Carlton etc, and to get rid of the sale of Guest Passes for these big Home and Away games.

If they don't change anything just for god please leave the Grand Final Ticketing System the way it is currently. If it get changed to a ballot I'm giving up my membership and I'll just buy a club membership
I agree totally, I didn't understand the ballot questions anyway, how do they come up with the different percentages as an example of member access to tickets? Are they talking about members in the ballot who would be club support members? Or all other members once club support had a go? How is one 80% and one is 60% chance??

AFL member questionnaire 2.PNG

Same as this one how is option 2 60% chance and option 3 is 80% chance??

AFL member questionnaire 3.PNG

Last edited:
Prob 1/100, I actually thought he was a country singer lol.
Hahaha me too! My kids and wife laughed at me last night when I said that, my wife said he is a rapper, my kids said "he is a rapper and that guy from Fortnite" :tearsofjoy:

I agree totally, I didn't understand the ballot questions anyway, how do they come up with the different percentages as an example of member access to tickets? Are they talking about members in the ballot who would be club support members? Or all other members once club support had a go? How is one 80% and one is 60% chance??

View attachment 2058137

View attachment 2058139
I presumed they’re siphoning off ticket access to different groups (Medallion Club, Telstra/sponsors) etc in framing those questions that way and trying to justify fans being happy to accept lower AFL member ticket allocations for a “better” offering. I blasted them about the inconsistent options in my comments on the off chance that that was the intent.

In any case, a lot of the scenarios posed were nonsensical from a value perspective. An utter waste of time.

Are they the army service guys?
Currently yes.

seeing as the AFL owns Marvel, blocks of tickets to cricket/concerts etc at Marvel and maybe MCG, available to Gold members at a discount (or free) would be a huge benefit.
Nah they only get access to a presale. Their reserve is completely open to anyone for concerts.

You know why they don't? Because they sell seats to club members, Telstra customers, give them to sponsors and so on. So they wouldn't know who to ask. The only way would be to use a dedicated gate for AFL members.
Not exactly. Random checks in the MCC involve asking to see tickets/membership card regardless of whether a person is a member or guest. No reason it couldn't work the same inside AFL; the photo ID only becomes relevant if you're a member, not if you're on a guest, club or corporate ticket.

I don't think MCC gets walk up access to anything apart from footy and the regular cricket season. Even cricket World Cups aren't covered.
I agree AFL members could get a better deal on events at Marvel and same for the MCG i.e. not just cricket

I presumed they’re siphoning off ticket access to different groups (Medallion Club, Telstra/sponsors) etc in framing those questions that way and trying to justify fans being happy to accept lower AFL member ticket allocations for a “better” offering. I blasted them about the inconsistent options in my comments on the off chance that that was the intent.

In any case, a lot of the scenarios posed were nonsensical from a value perspective. An utter waste of time.
100% it's getting siphoned off.

If the AFL are making changes, it's in the benefit of the bottom line and not members.

I'm just trying to get walkup GA for the Coll vs Rich game in the members - has the process changed? Can't find the tickets in the AFL members section of the App.

Agree massively on these. I rarely buy a beer at the footy but it'd be good to be able to duck into a bar at half time. the between the second-third tiers (at 'G) is actually pretty nice.

Season seats are also a good shout but there needs to be a way to enforce it, which is too hard to do: how often are you going to get a walk-up who can't get a seat, then looks at the 'season seat section' and sees it half empty but unavailable to entry?
The only half good bar that you can get into without an L2/L2A is the bunton. Even then it's gone down hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2058137

View attachment 2058139
Interestingly they're they seem to be pushing a bit an reduction in game access. Down from 40.

They're up to something. And it's not going to benefit the average AFL member.

Interestingly they're they seem to be pushing a bit an reduction in game access. Down from 40.

I'm sure they have the data, but I'd be surprised if more than 100 afl members go above 30 games a year.

I rarely get to more than 10 games a year these days so I'd happily take a reduction in the number of games for some other payoff (reduced membership free, free reserved seats undercover level 1 or 2) but not just a reduction in game access for the same price with no other perks.

Why should photo ID be phased in? Just bring it in immediately. It's been a rule forever that memberships are non transferable so anybody abusing it is just wasting a seat for someone else.
Mate, you may as well try and bring back the multi-coloured pass-outs.

Everything is on phone now to enter and even exit the ground. It’s Bluetooth, QR code or bar code. Gone are the days where the bloke in the blue dust coat at the turnstile would punch a hole in your card as you entered.

It’s made entry by card about as dated as using a Sony Walkman. And I say this as a stickler for getting a physical card every season.

With modern privacy laws and instances of data breaches, you could probably argue that you object to the AFL having a photo of you.

That horse has flown.

Last edited:
Mate, you may as well try and bring back the multi-coloured pass-outs.

Everything is on phone now to enter and even exit the ground. It’s Bluetooth, QR code or bar code. Gone are the days where the bloke in the blue dust coat at the turnstile would punch a hole in your card as you entered.

It’s made entry by card about as dated as using a Sony Walkman. And I say this as a stickler for getting a physical card every season.

With modern privacy laws and instances of data breaches, you could probably argue that you object to the AFL having a photo of you.

That horse has flown.
MCC has a photo ID. The MCC app has the same photo. The AFL could do the same

Exactly, I just asked someone at work and they showed me the MCC app, it is basically a representation of the card with the photo on it. I'm sure some tech savvy people would find a way to doctor it but it would be streets ahead of what we have now.

And not just that. Reserved seat tickets on Ticketek for members themselves don't even have a barcode, as they're still required to use the photo ID card/app to enter the ground. Massively disincentives the type of membership sharing that happens inside the AFL Reserve where the reserved seat ticket is a shareable ticket with an individual barcode.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back