AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's somewhat amusing that it is easier to get grand final tickets as an AFL Geelong support package member than it is for any of the other finals. You don't get any priority at all, and the prelim is the worst of all.

Then there'll be some line about 'unexpected demand'.
Before gold support members got priority it was a fiasco

It's somewhat amusing that it is easier to get grand final tickets as an AFL Geelong support package member than it is for any of the other finals. You don't get any priority at all, and the prelim is the worst of all.

Then there'll be some line about 'unexpected demand'.
It's definitely not. It's 45 minutes after tickets went on sale and there's still level 1 available. This one will take a while to sellout.

It's definitely not. It's 45 minutes after tickets went on sale and there's still level 1 available. This one will take a while to sellout.
It definitely is as a Geelong Gold member. Gold competing club members get priority access so you’re only buying with the couple of thousand Geelong club support members & whoever the other team is.

In this scenario we’re buying with gold, silver & bronze, all teams, plus the public who want guest passes.

I was on at 12.08 and couldn’t get 3 seats together, anywhere, other than up the very top. Q-AA.

It definitely is as a Geelong Gold member. Gold competing club members get priority access so you’re only buying with the couple of thousand Geelong club support members & whoever the other team is.

In this scenario we’re buying with gold, silver & bronze, all teams, plus the public who want guest passes.

I was on at 12.08 and couldn’t get 3 seats together, anywhere, other than up the very top. Q-AA.

Just going against Gold makes a world of difference.

the guest passes corrupt the system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 3 Level 2A tickets in the front row of P21 slip out of my basket because it froze up during the credit card validation. Rejoined and could only get M19. This was bang on at 12:01

the guest passes corrupt the system
It’s outrageous that actual members can miss out on a seat entirely because of guest passes this week. I would ask why don’t they offer them after the gold, silver & bronze have had a few hours or a day of exclusive allocation? But I think I know the answer - they want the inflated price from those tickets. Better 2,000 guest passes at $163 than 2,000 golds at $29. And then you’ve got Silver & Bronze who might be wondering why are guest pass prices about the same price.

I suppose I’m just like every other sucker that puts up with it for a chance to see my team in grand final.

Hope we get to the stage where you can choose your own seats online for the grand final.

Obviously you want the aisle seat on GF day for quick access to beers/food/ the can, but you've got no control under the current and past setup.
Funnily enough if you’re a Gold member and your club support is in the GF, it’s been quite easy in 2018 and 2023 to get aisle seats in the 2hr window exclusive for club support.

Funnily enough if you’re a Gold member and your club support is in the GF, it’s been quite easy in 2018 and 2023 to get aisle seats in the 2hr window exclusive for club support.
The only problem with aisle seats is everyone to left or right of you all need to go to the …

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back