AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be assured mate, I’d love nothing more than a better deal at Etihad for AFL Members. As an EFC Member, I have to upgrade at pretty much every match due to MCG games being blockbusters & Etihad matches basically being fully ticketed. Worked it out 7 years ago to purchase a 7 game reserved seat package through the club but makes the two memberships worth about $900 a year...

The incorporating of Premiership Club into Medallion Club is no surprise. In fact, I think I mentioned it more than 6 months ago in this thread. I don’t see AFL Members ever having access to Medallion Club or Centre Wing. They’re venue memberships like the MCC & spin a lot of money for the venue. There would be some restrictions in place for when/how/If AFL could open them up. Some transparency would be nice though...

IRT GF tickets, I was extremely fortunate. Logged on about 1:56, went through to picking the seating area & waited until 2:00 to tick over, then submit and straight to payment. I did get a payment error message but the payment did go through & got my confirmation a moment later. I’ve held off purchasing GF tickets the last few years but my nephew is one of the Auskick kids possibly presenting a medal, couldn’t miss that. Feel sorry for the Richmond people denied a chance by their own club. That fkg sucks hard. Hopefully some of you can find a way in.

Be assured mate, I’d love nothing more than a better deal at Etihad for AFL Members. As an EFC Member, I have to upgrade at pretty much every match due to MCG games being blockbusters & Etihad matches basically being fully ticketed. Worked it out 7 years ago to purchase a 7 game reserved seat package through the club but makes the two memberships worth about $900 a year...

The incorporating of Premiership Club into Medallion Club is no surprise. In fact, I think I mentioned it more than 6 months ago in this thread. I don’t see AFL Members ever having access to Medallion Club or Centre Wing. They’re venue memberships like the MCC & spin a lot of money for the venue. There would be some restrictions in place for when/how/If AFL could open them up. Some transparency would be nice though...

IRT GF tickets, I was extremely fortunate. Logged on about 1:56, went through to picking the seating area & waited until 2:00 to tick over, then submit and straight to payment. I did get a payment error message but the payment did go through & got my confirmation a moment later. I’ve held off purchasing GF tickets the last few years but my nephew is one of the Auskick kids possibly presenting a medal, couldn’t miss that. Feel sorry for the Richmond people denied a chance by their own club. That fkg sucks hard. Hopefully some of you can find a way in.
yeah i don't have an issue with memberships that cost more than the AFL membership not being given to AFL members, I do have an issue with the AFL Members Reserve Area being sold to those groups without it being mentioned up front when you look at the AFL membership marketing

We should know how many tickets are available in the AFL reserve

M20. Someone from my family will be going. Hope my wife can get her ticket in the club ballot.
My wife ended up getting a ticket in the ballot. But my father in law missed out. My wife's sister and brother are going too.

Now I have to consider what to do. Let him use mine and take the risk or not let him. He hasn't asked, but I feel guilty not offering.

My wife ended up getting a ticket in the ballot. But my father in law missed out. My wife's sister and brother are going too.

Now I have to consider what to do. Let him use mine and take the risk or not let him. He hasn't asked, but I feel guilty not offering.

Easy solution. Wife's ticket goes to the old man.

Your ticket goes to the wife. If she's pulled up for a check, she says she's currently undergoing gender reassignment and refers to herself as Joel. She'll know your address and DOB if asked. Using a deeper, husky put on voice, and maybe going a bit heavier on the make-up, drag queen style to ham it up a bit more will help for authenticity. The sheepish and gobsmaked attendant will back off and drop his query immediately.

You become the family hero winning points with wife and old man and be able to contribute to the BigFooty.com Sneaking into the GF thread.

It can't fail ;)

Easy solution. Wife's ticket goes to the old man.

Your ticket goes to the wife. If she's pulled up for a check, she says she's currently undergoing gender reassignment and refers to herself as Joel. She'll know your address and DOB if asked. Using a deeper, husky put on voice, and maybe going a bit heavier on the make-up, drag queen style to ham it up a bit more will help for authenticity. The sheepish and gobsmaked attendant will back off and drop his query immediately.

You become the family hero winning points with wife and old man and be able to contribute to the BigFooty.com Sneaking into the GF thread.

It can't fail ;)
Haha. I have another solution. Hopefully we can get them all there.

So. Are all tickets to the AFL Members now sold out? Before silver club support even got a look in? Pretty crappy if so!
yep all gone within two hours of going on sale to all full members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy with the 2017 arrangements. L1 seating in a dedicated AFL members bay and cheaper rates for the dinner packages.

But you have to pay to upgrade to get a seat on L1 most of the time (don't you? Melbourne rarely plays there so I'm not sure) and there really should be some level 2 seating available, especially when most of those seats go unused for a majority of games there. Fair enough for Essendon games and the bigger games they probably can't offer L2 but when it's North v Dockers in a Sunday twilight game surely they can open it up.

Another AFL Member Rocket Scientist in training

I'm going into bat for that bloke, as the same thing happened to me.

I tried to get 4 tickets and couldn't. Bought 2 together and then rejoined the queue to get the remaining 2. Put in barcode and got a seat into my shopping cart, but then that error came up when I used the same credit card I had used earlier. Then proceeded to try other credit cards to beat the countdown clock and same error came up.

Basically they locked me out from buying more tickets after an earlier purchase. It's probably something aimed at scalpers, but they locked me out after buying 3 seats in two transactions.

But you have to pay to upgrade to get a seat on L1 most of the time (don't you? Melbourne rarely plays there so I'm not sure) and there really should be some level 2 seating available, especially when most of those seats go unused for a majority of games there. Fair enough for Essendon games and the bigger games they probably can't offer L2 but when it's North v Dockers in a Sunday twilight game surely they can open it up.

I didnt have to upgrade once or reserve the seat. Its only bays 5-7 near the away teams race. They didnt have a sign or anything earlier in the year but towards the end of the year they had a small sign sayong 'afl members seating' There is an attendant that checks if you have a membership.

I attended Carlton, Hawthorn, Bulldogs games and sat there. Might be different for Essendon home games

I'm going into bat for that bloke, as the same thing happened to me.

I tried to get 4 tickets and couldn't. Bought 2 together and then rejoined the queue to get the remaining 2. Put in barcode and got a seat into my shopping cart, but then that error came up when I used the same credit card I had used earlier. Then proceeded to try other credit cards to beat the countdown clock and same error came up.

Basically they locked me out from buying more tickets after an earlier purchase. It's probably something aimed at scalpers, but they locked me out after buying 3 seats in two transactions.

I had my VPN ready to go in case this thing happened. Bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back