AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the rod they made for their own back in profit grabbing nonsense and diluting the value of gold/silver along the way.
I remember they were considering cutting off silver as there were too many people.

Then they brought out bronze. Which makes sense... if you cut off registration for silver.

So if you want to join now you have to join bronze? You cant join silver?
you can join silver if it is available, Bronze only gets you 10 games and first two weeks of finals, don't believe you go on the waiting list for gold as a bronze member either

If they persist with this bronze nonsense they will likely need to restructure how the brackets work or stagger on-sale times so gold/silvers have a chance at the best seats first. That would mitigate the greedy campaigners who buy a bronze membership just to snap up the best seats to big games and immediately chuck them on ebay at massively inflated prices

I was shocked to see them checking for cards at Anzac day. I just kept walking as i couldnt be ****ed pulling out my card again

I was shocked to see them checking for cards at Anzac day. I just kept walking as i couldnt be ****** pulling out my card again

Another problem they’ve introduced by this bronze nonsense and not opening up priority sales for gold and silver. I know someone who has 4 bronzes and does just what they’re “clamping down on”. I have a go at him but the system allows him to do it and if he gets cancelled he will just sign up for more.

Bit worried about the future of the AFL membership. I dont think the AFL want 40-50% of GF tickets tied up with MCC/AFL members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about 8,500? Slightly lower maybe.

7 year member.
You've got a while to go. Maybe five years. It really slows down towards the end apparently.

Bit worried about the future of the AFL membership. I dont think the AFL want 40-50% of GF tickets tied up with MCC/AFL members.

They don’t have a choice with the MCC.

On the AFL Members, there are 60,000+ people paying ~$500 a year plus reserved seats and finals.

Not sure they are going to forgo $30M just so that they can sell seats for a slightly higher price one day a year.

On the AFL Members, there are 60,000+ people paying ~$500 a year plus reserved seats and finals.

Not sure they are going to forgo $30M just so that they can sell seats for a slightly higher price one day a year.
Question is, how many of the 60,000 would actually be club members if the AFL membership didn’t exist?

Question is, how many of the 60,000 would actually be club members if the AFL membership didn’t exist?

Not sure, however some (like myself) are both anyway. I believe around $90 of your AFL Membership goes to your nominated team supported as well.

The AFL is always going to prefer $30m in their hand which they can distribute however they want too. They also have the right to on-sell these seats for the Ashes Boxing Day Test and State of Origin so they make a killing on the AFL Members area at the MCG.

Neither should they

Makes an absolute mockery of “the mcg is the only ground big enough to hold the fans”. When the fans they are talking about are victorians who are mostly neutrals.

Neutrals?. Everyone has a club m8
Two years where sydney played west coast 05,06

Have a shedload of victorians at the gf as neutrals instead of fans of the opposing clubs.

But yeah tell me all about “fans missing out” if we dont hold it at the mcg

Two years where sydney played west coast 05,06

Have a shedload of victorians at the gf as neutrals instead of fans of the opposing clubs.

But yeah tell me all about “fans missing out” if we dont hold it at the mcg
We run the league.

We run the league.
And this year in particular you have dropped any pretense that its anything but a league run for victorians.

Interstate teams are in because of the tv rights money - nothing else.

You couldnt make that clearer.

From the ridiculous programming of carlton in prime viewing - to selling 2.4 billion worth of gf to victoria for a handful of glass beads.

From national tv programs that barely even mention interstate clubs - and when they do give them airtime its negative stuff like ports spp.

Yet you lot will still be surprised and amazed if something comes along in the states outside of victoria that brushes footy aside - then and only then will you start trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

And by that time its too little too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back