AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if there is leftover capacity and the public areas are full, then the AFL makes more money flogging the tickets off to the public rather than just allow silver members to buy a ticket at a reduced price or walk up on the day.

I guess if there is leftover capacity and the public areas are full, then the AFL makes more money flogging the tickets off to the public rather than just allow silver members to buy a ticket at a reduced price or walk up on the day.

I'd be pretty upset if I was a Silver member that forked out $85 for a Level 4 back seat and I found myself sitting next to walk ups.

Everyone whinged about Silver members getting equal access and the AFL listened. They were basically demoted to public status as a result, so the AFL probably figure there is no harm in mixing both groups.

They're not dropping the price for silver, that would be unfair on those who already purchased. For prelims that are only half full they never drop the silver price either, those seats just sit empty. The only people who should be upset are Gold who were planning to walk up and scan in for free, there now might only be very limited or no walkup.

They're not dropping the price for silver, that would be unfair on those who already purchased. For prelims that are only half full they never drop the silver price either, those seats just sit empty. The only people who should be upset are Gold who were planning to walk up and scan in for free, there now might only be very limited or no walkup.

If you're a gold member holding off to avoid spending $26 on a prelim, you probably shouldn't be there anyway.

So if it ends up being a Collingwood v Geelong grand final am I as a gold member with cats support pretty much certainly going to get a ticket, or is there a chance of missing out due to there being too many Collingwood gold members? I feel like if I was to miss out this year I may as well just give the gold membership up.

So if it ends up being a Collingwood v Geelong grand final am I as a gold member with cats support pretty much certainly going to get a ticket, or is there a chance of missing out due to there being too many Collingwood gold members? I feel like if I was to miss out this year I may as well just give the gold membership up.

I think rough numbers suggest there would be about 10k gold Collingwood and Geelong gold members in total, so given that AFL membership say 13k-16k seats will be available, all gold collingwood and geelong members who want a ticket should be able to get a ticket

Yes you would get a ticket.
Pies and Cats have a little under 10k Gold Members based on the last stats we saw. 13-14k tickets went to members the last 2 years.

If we make it, you'll be guaranteed a ticket, so long as you're online at 11am on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Richmond V Collingwood grand final:

1) AFL has confirmed 17,000 total Gold & Silver members combined for Richmond and Collingwood.
2) I estimate 55-60% of that total are gold members based on that 2013 table as a guide.
3) Therefore there are approx 10,000 combined gold members for Collingwood and Richmond
4) AFL have stated there are 13,000 - 16,000 seats for sale in the AFL members.
5) Therefore approx 4,500 seats are up for grabs for non competing gold members.

If a GWS V Richmond/Geelong, I'd say there would be about 11,000 seats up for grabs for non competing gold members.

What are the reasons behind tonight not selling out? Seems very strange

People saving money for grand final ticket if team makes it through? Got a few mates doing that.

4) AFL have stated there are 13,000 - 16,000 seats for sale in the AFL members.

Where have they stated this? In 2017 they gave a range of 13k-23k with only 15k allocated to AFL Members.

Attachments

• Memo - Grand Final ticket allocation report for CAV.pdf
    548.9 KB · Views: 109
People saving money for grand final ticket if team makes it through? Got a few mates doing that.
Seems pretty weak excuse. They can't afford a $85 or $65 ticket but a $300-$2000 they can?
What are the reasons behind tonight not selling out? Seems very strange
There's just not enough Gold/Silver Richmond/Collingwood/Geelong members to sell out 50,000 seats over the 2 matches. Both games probably should have has guest passes for Gold Members at least.

The AFL have botched the ticket prices/access this weekend. That's why they've halved the prices on the public tickets for Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back