AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many AFL reserve members do hawthorn currently have, and what rank are they compared to the other clubs?

Question about AFL reserve at Docklands.

I want to go to Footscray Vs. Hawthorn on Saturday but I'm not sure whether I should just walk up on my AFL membership or book?
I don't have a lot of experience using my afl membership at docklands.

I'm also on Crutches with a moonboot so would the staff be able to help me get an end seat or something so I'm not in the way of everyone?

Trying to reserve seats for dogs/hawks and all I’m getting is aisle 8 on lvl 1 (wing)

Tried lvl 2, lvl 3, even GA and apparently there’s none available and reverts back to aisle 8 on lvl 1.

Surely this game isn’t close to being soldout?
Or will TM release more bays tomorrow?

Trying to reserve seats for dogs/hawks and all I’m getting is aisle 8 on lvl 1 (wing)

Tried lvl 2, lvl 3, even GA and apparently there’s none available and reverts back to aisle 8 on lvl 1.

Surely this game isn’t close to being soldout?
Or will TM release more bays tomorrow?
GA is basically the entire of L3. Some bay on L3 do get reserved seats for AFL. L2 does exist but not much.

Question about AFL reserve at Docklands.

I want to go to Footscray Vs. Hawthorn on Saturday but I'm not sure whether I should just walk up on my AFL membership or book?
I don't have a lot of experience using my afl membership at docklands.

I'm also on Crutches with a moonboot so would the staff be able to help me get an end seat or something so I'm not in the way of everyone?
The members section is a a small bit of the wing. Otherwise it's L3 GA. There is a bar behind the seating for AFL members only.

Last edited:
How many AFL reserve members do hawthorn currently have, and what rank are they compared to the other clubs?
I tried to get an update from the AFL membership dept but apparently the figures are now for internal eyes only:rolleyes:.

Anyway, I was informed that the figures I had from 2018 are 'not far off the mark'. There are just under 57k members with 30k being gold.

AdultConcessionJuniorTotal
Adelaide
461​
33​
53​
Brisbane
369​
60​
47​
Carlton
5,125​
632​
769​
Collingwood
8,693​
1,222​
1,350​
Essendon
4,956​
645​
550​
Fremantle
156​
13​
5​
Geelong
3,264​
414​
359​
Gold Coast
44​
5​
12​
GWS
89​
9​
18​
Hawthorn
3,605​
378​
624​
Melbourne
1,472​
193​
106​
North Melbourne
1,478​
187​
258​
Port Adelaide
185​
18​
10​
Richmond
4,336​
525​
595​
St Kilda
1,966​
309​
200​
Sydney
707​
105​
67​
West Coast
366​
18​
18​
Western Bulldogs
1,450​
242​
190​
TOTAL

When you book an AFL Members Dining package online, when do they ask for the barcode numbers.

Eg if I'm booking for 4 members, I assume they know I am a member becuase I'mbooking through my account, but how do they know the other 3 people are members.

I've got to the payment stage, and haven't been ask for any other barcodes or members numbers

from hs article

And footy fans hoping to score a guaranteed seat to see their team play in a grand final at the MCG face a 15 to 17 year wait for the equivalent AFL membership.
Ofc, you can jump the AFL membership queue by getting Medallion Club Membership which gets you straight in if you want to pay the $10k or so per seat per annum.

The article says the modelling indicates that it's 40 years to obtain full MCC membership from the time of application. That's a long wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from hs article

And footy fans hoping to score a guaranteed seat to see their team play in a grand final at the MCG face a 15 to 17 year wait for the equivalent AFL membership.
I joined 8 or 9 years back... and by the look of it I'll be waiting another 8 years... so I'd say if you joined now it be 20plus years for Gold Membership

Do wonder if the Warne Stand rebuild will result in an increase to the number of Gold Memberships available. Or will the extra seating just go elsewhere.

I would be surprised if there is a significant amount of extra seating, if any at all. The rebuild would likely mean better corporate facilities, a nicer members bar etc

I dont even think its that bad. Spent a bit of time in the basement area with work and those facilities under the stand just need to be refreshed not rebuilt

The Warne stand rebuild however may mean people switch to club memberships fingers crossed

On Saturday at half time I walked from the top of the Ponsford Stand all the way around level 4 in the Shane Warne Stand to the MCC gate in the Northern Stand. Walked back around to the AFL Members and down the stairs back to my seat on level 1. No gates, not asked to show my membership - so basically anyone can enter the ground in GA, walk up to level 4 and then enter the AFL Members area and sit wherever they like. Not sure how many games you could do this for, I assume pretty much any game except the ones where they expect 80k+.

On Saturday at half time I walked from the top of the Ponsford Stand all the way around level 4 in the Shane Warne Stand to the MCC gate in the Northern Stand. Walked back around to the AFL Members and down the stairs back to my seat on level 1. No gates, not asked to show my membership - so basically anyone can enter the ground in GA, walk up to level 4 and then enter the AFL Members area and sit wherever they like. Not sure how many games you could do this for, I assume pretty much any game except the ones where they expect 80k+.
Was like this for the Richmond West Coast game too, but none of the food/beverage places were open on the AFL Members side of L4 so I just assumed it was to make it easier to walk back and forth to get something.

Was like this for the Richmond West Coast game too, but none of the food/beverage places were open on the AFL Members side of L4 so I just assumed it was to make it easier to walk back and forth to get something.

yeah its usually the case for the lower drawing games.

Those sorts of games are walk up members seats on level 4. Maybe they dont care who sits up there

Did anyone here get offered a gold upgrade last year and defer to end of year? Did you get a waitlist number again? And jf so what was it? Trying to work out if I’m any chance of getting one this year. I’m about 1k in line at the moment

Those sorts of games are walk up members seats on level 4. Maybe they dont care who sits up there

People can walk downstairs and take prime seats on the wing though?

Does the MCC not care who sits on level 4 in their members area? Why should AFL members be any different?

Last edited:
Did anyone here get offered a gold upgrade last year and defer to end of year? Did you get a waitlist number again? And jf so what was it? Trying to work out if I’m any chance of getting one this year. I’m about 1k in line at the moment

I emailed AFL membership last year to find out what was going on and surprise surprise they wouldn't give me a straight answer. My sister was around 2150 on the waitlist in Nov 2021 and around 2000 people were offered upgrades last year. But when she got her renewal in Nov 2022 she was still around 900+ on the waitlist. Their answer was some people deferred their upgrade but they wouldn't explain why those upgrade offers weren't passed on to the next in line if they had elected not to upgrade. I also asked whether this meant the 30k full membership capacity hadn't been reached but they wouldn't comment on that either. If there's anything less than 1500 this year it will be extremely fishy and any less than 800 means there is something completely corrupt as around 800 people did not elect to upgrade last year so those spots should carry over. I assume the people who elect not to upgrade retain their place in the queue so effectively they just keep deferring if their team looks no chance for finals/GF by midway (eg Essendon supporters in recent years).

It's a closed shop, no transparency - they won't even give us the breakdown of club support anymore! I'm hoping my sister gets offered an upgrade in a few weeks (usually around bye rounds from memory) but will have to wait and see.

I emailed AFL membership last year to find out what was going on and surprise surprise they wouldn't give me a straight answer. My sister was around 2150 on the waitlist in Nov 2021 and around 2000 people were offered upgrades last year. But when she got her renewal in Nov 2022 she was still around 900+ on the waitlist. Their answer was some people deferred their upgrade but they wouldn't explain why those upgrade offers weren't passed on to the next in line if they had elected not to upgrade. I also asked whether this meant the 30k full membership capacity hadn't been reached but they wouldn't comment on that either. If there's anything less than 1500 this year it will be extremely fishy and any less than 800 means there is something completely corrupt as around 800 people did not elect to upgrade last year so those spots should carry over. I assume the people who elect not to upgrade retain their place in the queue so effectively they just keep deferring if their team looks no chance for finals/GF by midway (eg Essendon supporters in recent years).

It's a closed shop, no transparency - they won't even give us the breakdown of club support anymore! I'm hoping my sister gets offered an upgrade in a few weeks (usually around bye rounds from memory) but will have to wait and see.
Can you only defer once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back