AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no club allocations in the AFL reserve. It's all AFL members, Medallion Club, AFL life members, staff, VIPs, small amount of corporate and some of those $2000 packages you see advertised. I didn't see any bays of Eagles fans, but obviously there were more than 300. They probably bought those expensive packages or used a friends full AFL membership. As a competing club full member I was able to pick great seats on level 1 on the wing 30 minutes after they went on sale. Silver members always get left with the back of the top level and sometimes nothing at all.

Up on the top level there were 2 full bays of Eagles fans - when I say "full bays" I mean they would've been 90% Eagles fans. Which is why I assumed that they were club allocations. There were also smatterings of Eagles fans elsewhere on the top level.

In any case, I'm not sure what you say is correct. I know the Eagles Premium Victorian membership gets you some quasi-AFL member privileges (which is why I don't think you can even get AFL membership with Eagles club support any more).

Eagles Membership Page said:
Perfect for the true football addict, allowing you to catch 11 AFL matches in season 2016 with access to the AFL member’s reserve at the MCG and Etihad...

...PRIORITY ACCESS TO FINALS TICKETS (INCLUDING PRIORITY ONE GRAND FINAL ACCESS), SHOULD THE WEST COAST EAGLES BE COMPETING

Using friends memberships or buying expensive packages doesn't really explain how they became pretty much full bays of fans from one team, which is also why I assumed they were club allocations.

That said, if you're a full member, I'll bow to your greater experience than mine!

There were quite a few dockers fans their who had obviously paid for a finals package expecting to be there. I also work with quite a few neutrals who were trying to get tickets just because it's the GF. $$ talk and the GF is a great example of that so many tickets never make it to the where the fans can even try to buy them

Up on the top level there were 2 full bays of Eagles fans - when I say "full bays" I mean they would've been 90% Eagles fans. Which is why I assumed that they were club allocations. There were also smatterings of Eagles fans elsewhere on the top level.

In any case, I'm not sure what you say is correct. I know the Eagles Premium Victorian membership gets you some quasi-AFL member privileges (which is why I don't think you can even get AFL membership with Eagles club support any more).
Yep a few clubs have those memberships that get you into the AFL reserve, I know Gold Coast do too.
My understanding is that you can sit in it for H+A matches but the GF ticket is part of your clubs allocation done through the ballot process and would be seated with other normal club members in the public section of the ground. Seems a bit weird though that there were those 2 bays, maybe the AFL pulled a swifty without telling its members, out of interest which bays were they? The AFL is not very transparent with this stuff, wouldn't surprise me if they shuffled things around a bit when some of the lower AFL member clubs (eg: Hawks v Eagles) played. One other thing they do on the sly for the GF is increase the members reserve by 2 bays, they move that little fence from M16 over to M14, and from N/P/Q15 to N/P/Q13.
On the Eagles club support thing, I think it is only closed to WA residents because there is such a long wait list to get into Subi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i don't get level 1 seats to anzac day I will lose my shit and Ticketek may not survive...
I don't think anyone has got any tickets yet but what do you do now? I am retired and I can keep trying but what about people who have to work!!

If i don't get level 1 seats to anzac day I will lose my shit and Ticketek may not survive...

The one time I got to that stage all level 1 undercover and level 2 were gone. Level 1 open and level 4 was all that's left. Tried to get 6 tickets, then 4, both times "could not get an offer".

I called up. Got directed to buy it your damn self on the website.

heck me, $1,500 a year (3 family memberships) and can't even get to a game.

Sounds like I might have a letter to write. This is bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back