AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be more generous. We did have a cricket season which gives entry for MCC.
Agree. At least MCC got some cricket. I usually use my AFL membership to go to 1 day of the Boxing Day test each year. When I went to use it last year I was not permitted access because I took the option to only pay $400 for nothing rather than $600 for nothing.
Pretty poor form I thought.
But at least I got a couple of free footy records for my $400 donation.
Anyways, got a email today saying they will advise compensation first week of Oct.
This will be interesting. Needs to be a substantial refund / discount. Footy records and waiving of a booking fee that is BS anyway is not enough.

Unused 2021 AFL Member Value packs have been rolled into 2022

plus....

We understand AFL Members have received interrupted access to the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, including the Toyota AFL Finals Series, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

We acknowledge this season has been far from ideal and thank each one of you for your ongoing understanding and loyalty whilst we navigate the challenges with you.

We are waiting until the conclusion of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season to understand the full impact on your AFL Membership this season, therefore will commence communicating to members what your compensation looks like from the week commencing Monday October 4 2021.

We thank you for your patience.

So the reserved seat upgrades get rolled over because they were free this year. That's handy, although they should be permanently free for the H & A season. What overall discount are people hoping for/expecting? I attended 10 matches, looking back at 2019 I only went to 12 in the H & A season, so with my team not in finals I guess I haven't been affected too much. The experience of going to games with no guest passes/no standing room etc was miles off though.

So the reserved seat upgrades get rolled over because they were free this year. That's handy, although they should be permanently free for the H & A season. What overall discount are people hoping for/expecting? I attended 10 matches, looking back at 2019 I only went to 12 in the H & A season, so with my team not in finals I guess I haven't been affected too much. The experience of going to games with no guest passes/no standing room etc was miles off though.

Melbourne Racing Club are offering a "racing guarantee" of 50% refund, if members are unable to attend the big races in the spring.
It'll be interesting if AFL Membership offers anything like that.

We still paid 437 this year for gold. That was with no games last year. So its a worry we will get sfa discount.
The afl thinking was covid would mostly be gone this year , stadiums relatively open with no number restrictions
We had to buy at nc reserve seats , limited capacity and guest passes were hardly available. So the freebies were useless. Going to absentee or bronze and losing chance of going to gf with your side was not incentive. Tiger fans would have expected to be in finals.

I would suggest you were reasonably fortunate to attend so many matches this year and definitely in the minority overall. There’s a number of factors I suppose but I was only able to attend 4 matches this season due mainly to fixturing & Covid/crowd restrictions. Essendon played 5 of their first 11 matches (which were relatively untouched by Covid in a lockout sense) at interstate venues. Port Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, GWS & West Coast all interstate by round 11. I missed out on a round one ticket, I think we only had 25% capacity at that stage and only managed to get tickets to Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle & Adelaide games in Melbourne. My MIL had her birthday dinner the night of the Melbourne game so I couldn’t attend.

The benefit of having such a slanted interstate fixture meant we should’ve had a long run of matches in Melbourne but they were the ones wiped out by Covid. Dreamtime, Hawks, North & GWS matches were all rescheduled interstate. We also were fixtured Geelong at KP with about 15% capacity so no opportunity to attend that either. The others were empty stadium matches. I’d estimate I had the opportunity to book for 6 matches for the season, I made it to 4. That’s a high price for $450 this year and a donated $600 last year. Throw in an unlikely finals campaign as well, the first time we will have played a final in Melbourne since 2014 and no opportunity to attend. I realise all other supporters are in the same boat with finals but I certainly think the fixture conspired against us bomber supporters attending matches this year unfortunately. It will be interesting to see what the AFL come back within regards to compensation/discounts for next season. I’m not expecting much but I feel anything less than 30% is an insult. Just my 2c.

I’m not expecting much but I feel anything less than 30% is an insult. Just my 2c. [/QUOTE said:
Given no finals and average compensation last year, I feel 75% off is justified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd log in when tickets went in sale this morning.

Gold AFL Member with Bulldog club support, but living in the forbidden state of Victoria.View attachment 1233744
Melb and doggie gold members should get free membership when ever the season is back to normal
(Inb4 covid will never go away)

Are you allowed to share membership barcodes with non-members? Was hoping someone from Victoria would be able to share their AFL Silver code so that I can go with my partner who has a brother in Victoria who can't go.

Are you allowed to share membership barcodes with non-members? Was hoping someone from Victoria would be able to share their AFL Silver code so that I can go with my partner who has a brother in Victoria who can't go.

Members caught sharing their membership/barcodes with others lose their membership if caught doing so. You are unlikely to find someone willing to do this.

Just tried my Gold barcode and got the 'Unfortunately, there are no entitlements available for this member code' message.
I wonder if you're allowed to change your address to Perth?
Funny you say that , when I read the original post thought the same , cant remember if proof of change is address is required .

Club members are encouraged to share their barcode with a friend. Not sure why the AFL are being ****s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back