AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got through fairly quickly this afternoon for Anzac Day. On the phone, the laptop was far slower.

Didn't try for Anzac Day eve.

Still not convinced 2A is ever actually on sale for AFL members. For years I've tried but I reckon I've only actually succeeded once or twice.
I forgot yesterday to buy tickets due to work, bought 1X2A ticket this morning for richmmond vs bulldogs

Got through fairly quickly this afternoon for Anzac Day. On the phone, the laptop was far slower.

Didn't try for Anzac Day eve.

Still not convinced 2A is ever actually on sale for AFL members. For years I've tried but I reckon I've only actually succeeded once or twice.

I got through twice on my phone while my laptop was still queuing.

I got 2A for Eve.
Using the android app? It doesn't work for me just freezes when you select "AFL members reserve" and doesn't proceed to letting you enter the barcodes. App is up to date.

Can someone care to explain the dining package at the MCG please? I'd ask the AFL members customer service but ideally I'd like a response this season...

Some packages are $200 per guest (Melb v Rich) while others (Melb v North) are $150. Is the reason for the price hike purely based on demand for higher capacity games? What do you actually get for the price - is it just a meal and a seat on level 2? Are drinks included?

Can someone care to explain the dining package at the MCG please? I'd ask the AFL members customer service but ideally I'd like a response this season...

Some packages are $200 per guest (Melb v Rich) while others (Melb v North) are $150. Is the reason for the price hike purely based on demand for higher capacity games? What do you actually get for the price - is it just a meal and a seat on level 2? Are drinks included?
I reckon it would be the "variable pricing" - guest passes for Anzac Eve yet around $58 compared to other games it was $38

Here is why the pricing varies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_095503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_095503_Chrome.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20230322_095508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_095508_Chrome.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 71
Damn spewing! Busy day yesterday and didnt realise R6 went on sale yesterday and missed on Anzac day tix.. one of the main reasons i got the silver for the first time this year!! oh well, lesson learned for next year.

Damn spewing! Busy day yesterday and didnt realise R6 went on sale yesterday and missed on Anzac day tix.. one of the main reasons i got the silver for the first time this year!! oh well, lesson learned for next year.
Yeah, I missed a Carlton and Richmond game a few years back in opening round because simply forgot the day tickets on sale and all AFL Members sold out by time I remembered.

Anyone know roughly how many tickets are left in the afl reserve for the Collingwood vs Richmond game, my barcode isn’t working and I want to know how much time I have to get it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Standing room only when I checked Sunday arvo
If the Auskick allocation in M27 doesn't get fully allocated then tickets may be released back to the public on Friday.
Although some people may prefer standing room rather than get their view blocked when the kids get up/leave

Went Collingwood as my club allocation this year to maximise my GF ticket chances despite being a Melbourne supporter. I figure because MFC has bugger all AFL gold members (1,000 compared to Collingwood's 7,500 odd), then I'd have no issue getting a ticket if MFC plays in the big one.

Does my money even go to my club of choice?

This year could be a repeat of 2018 where tickets sold out in 5 minutes for non competing gold members, on the proviso Collingwood can go the distance this year.

Went Collingwood as my club allocation this year to maximise my GF ticket chances despite being a Melbourne supporter. I figure because MFC has bugger all AFL gold members (1,000 compared to Collingwood's 7,500 odd), then I'd have no issue getting a ticket if MFC plays in the big one.

Does my money even go to my club of choice?

This year could be a repeat of 2018 where tickets sold out in 5 minutes for non competing gold members, on the proviso Collingwood can go the distance this year.
Turncoat! Yes the club of choice gets the equivalent of a standard membership which is around $150 I think

Soooooo with Ticketmaster you are no longer able to share tickets via mobile number instead by email or am I doing something wrong?
Ticketek def via mobile number.

Looks like I'll need to make a $150 donation at the Demonshop then.
You don’t have to do that, since (unless things have changed in recent years) the flow of funds will mean that Melbourne will get money from the AFL Membership Dept (AMD) for every home game you attend.

The way it works the AMD pays money to the gate for every member who attends the football, except for Club Support members who are attending their team’s home games. This money ultimately ends up with in the home team’s coffers. I forget the amount but it’s a high percentage (80%? 90%?) of the standard at-the-gate cost of a tickets. Let’s say it’s $20, which means that if you attend 10 Melbourne home games on your not-Melbourne Club Support AFL Membership, Melbourne will get $200 from the AMD.

These sort of arrangements happen all over. For instance, at the MCG, the MCC pays the standard at-the-gate cost for everyone MCC Member (and guest) who attends. And everytime a Football Club 16/17/18 member uses their membership to attend one of their team's away games the club gives money to the home club.

So you don’t have to buy anything at the Demonshop, but if you want to go ahead and do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back