AFL...Toughest In The World By US Report !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally people realise how tough our game is.

People even in the US are taking notice although I wouldn't

have a clue who the 2 people he mentions in the Grand Final are :rolleyes::rolleyes:...

Maybe a few of his stats are wrong but hey....Who Cares lol.

It was the 1989 Grandfinal, Dermott Brereton who was concussed and vomited, even had a skit about it on the toyota memorable moments commercial. And Robert DiPierdomenico had the punctured lung and went to hospital after the Grandfinal. I think the greatest grandfinal ever!!

Lots of what the article mentioned seemed to be the way footy used to be in the old days.

You're kidding right? The game is more demanding on athletes than ever, even ex players like lethal Leigh state this all the time, don't let the rule changes fool you.

Spot on. The game has never required more courage than now. Those who think that just because there are no 'king hits' anymore that it equates to the game being soft are mistaken. The courage players display in contest after contest in todays game takes courage not required in the years of Black and White TV. Todays players deserve enormous respect.

That article was ridiculous!

Nice to see he was impressed by our game, but he should watch more than the Best of the 1980's highlights tape before he writes an article.

Ian Shelton? Priceless.

It used to be slow and tough.

Now it's fast and soft.

Doesn't make much sense.

mate, you are kiddin' yaself.
it's idiots like you that no one in football circles today has time for.
just because they bring in stupid rules every second doesn't mean the games gone soft.

Refer to Sam Fisher round 3 against collingwood, knocked out and stretchered off only to come back later in the game to seal the victory for st kilda.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPPd7qVROS8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Jordan Lewis going back with the flight against the Bulldogs and almost getting his head knocked off, hardest hit i've ever seen.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-x90N4ZBw[/YOUTUBE]
Performances like Lenny Hayes in the first GF, putting his head over the ball everytime the ball was around and laying tackled like the one on Swan at the start of the third quarter.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmUPIjNGQM[/YOUTUBE]

Footballers are more courageous and tough than ever, you just have a warped view of what 'tough' is, thinking it's 'tough' to punch a guy behind play or deliberately target a player who has been best on ground and is ripping your team to shreds. They are weak acts that belong back in the 70s and 80s, days when thugs ran wild.

I reckon he is talking about this years prelim -reiwodlt the one getting knocked out and Kosi the one with the broken rib

im not sure if you're sarcastic.

he did say in the grand final in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter i think

I reckon he is talking about this years prelim -reiwodlt the one getting knocked out and Kosi the one with the broken rib

he did say in the grand final in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter i think

Um Liam, hello he's a Bulldogs supporter. A prelim is a grand final:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has obviously just watched the "100 years of Football" DVD which features the Dermie getting cleaned up and the aftermath in slo-mo at the beginning and also the Sheedy incident in comments.

While the gist is right the "facts" are pretty loose....:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL...Toughest In The World By US Report !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back