Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

26 years old, 6 x 850k+ has equalled band 1 compo. How do you think the speech played a part?
I doubt it did but it does not hurt to press a few buttons and keep your views relevant . It is more about a Victorian club putting pressure on Academy / Father son based on Brisbane winning a GF with some good picks via both forms. Their position is known. A few others agitate and maybe they reign it in one day. So yes the compo really has nothing to do with it and the statement would have had zero impact on it.

I think the first round compo is more than $850k. More $900k plus despite how it is reported in the media.

Because the AFL hasn't actually stated what constitutes first round compensation.
Its not black and white in that we have been given an exact maths formula to work with but

We have been given some parameters of the formula (age, contract length, average $ per annum etc) and can use previous deals as reference to work a lot out for ourselves.

So under current rules, Battle at 26, given a 6 x 850k+ deal.

Every team including us would expect Band 1 compo, with or without a rant at the Bnf.

Its not black and white in that we have been given an exact maths formula to work with but

We have been given some parameters of the formula (age, contract length, average $ per annum etc) and can use previous deals as reference to work a lot out for ourselves.

So under current rules, Battle at 26, given a 6 x 850k+ deal.

Every team including us would expect Band 1 compo, with or without a rant at the Bnf.
It's all speculation but most media pundits are saying 900k+ is the magic figure. There's a reason why the AFL don't release the figures, for their secret herbs and spices.

I doubt it did but it does not hurt to press a few buttons and keep your views relevant . It is more about a Victorian club putting pressure on Academy / Father son based on Brisbane winning a GF with some good picks via both forms. Their position is known. A few others agitate and maybe they reign it in one day. So yes the compo really has nothing to do with it and the statement would have had zero impact on it.

I think the first round compo is more than $850k. More $900k plus despite how it is reported in the media.
Spot on. He's right in that it does need to be reigned in as its not an even competition or a fair playing field. The salary cap should be the equalisation measure. If you need help paying the salary cap thats where the AFL can step in and support a section of their business with $. Priority/ charity picks should be scrapped and a lottery for the top 4 picks for the bottom 4 teams would discourage tanking. Academies should be scrapped. Father/sons are fine although make it harder to match

Tbh Bassetts speech just screamed me me me. The way he paused for praise, his story about harassing people at the GF… I thought it was pretty cringe, wanted the pats on the back on the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back