Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's how it will work.
We won't do anything until draft night. Our preference is to take our Pick 9 - then match a bid for Kako later on. Draft over. We will have a contingency planned lined up.

If Saints do an early spite bid on Kako, we will trade into next year with another club. St Kilda won't gain any benefit by bidding. The question of who blinks first will come on draft night - but all Essendon has to do is sit back and wait.
What if the saints offer is the best? If you're offered Geelongs, GWS, Melbourne, Dogs and saints do you think essendon will take a lesser offer as retribution?

North, West Coast and Richmond won't make an offer. I'm not sure there are many teams you can categorically say will be worse than us next year.

It would be pretty foolish IMO to shoot yourself in the foot for revenge.

I really have no horse in this race because I want us to keep our future first.

I actually don’t mind 27 and your F1 for 9 if we can also word up Freo (11 preferably) or GWS to buy back into this years first round on draft night (it’s some of the unrealistic suggestions from your board that makes me roll my eyes)
I've played a bit of devils advocate on our board which hasn't been well received.

If the Bolton trade doesn't go through you could do the following (assuming you accumulate enough points from Stringer and Shiel)

Trade 9 for Freos first
Trade freos first to Carlton for pick 12
Carlton Trade freos first back to Freo for pick 11.

You guys get Kako and pick 12.
Carlton get a free one pick upgrade.
Freo get a free two pick upgrade.

What if the saints offer is the best? If you're offered Geelongs, GWS, Melbourne, Dogs and saints do you think essendon will take a lesser offer as retribution?

North, West Coast and Richmond won't make an offer. I'm not sure there are many teams you can categorically say will be worse than us next year.

It would be pretty foolish IMO to shoot yourself in the foot for revenge.

I really have no horse in this race because I want us to keep our future first.
Look if your offering F1 and F2 for 9 then absolutely im taking it unless Dees offer the same, then id probably take dees if you guys bid

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back