Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

One scenario that has not been discussed is a side holding a pick in the 10 to 15 range that rates Kako trading up with the Saints for pick 8. For arguments sake if GWS where super keen they could offer 15 & 21 for 8 & 27 and a future.
Gws aren’t after more small forwards …. We have Daniels, Darcy, Thomas and Gothard from last year

Gws aren’t after more small forwards …. We have Daniels, Darcy, Thomas and Gothard from last year
That is just what we need. Opposition fans coming in here who can not read :rolleyes:
I said for arguments sake. Had nothing to do with it actually happening or likely to happen.
It was a hypothetical.

Taking into account its a perceived strong draft, what are the odds Kako won't get a bid on before our pick 9?

Kakos been injured and has missed a bunch of games/key markers. If he’d been healthy it’s questionable.

Right now it feels like the only reason teams are talking about this is because they are trying to get something from us/take
Away that double up advantage FS/NGA gives

Right now top availiable picks are likely
Langford Lalor Smith Draper Taru FoS possibly Armstrong if North trade back or Someone wants a tall. then it’s whoever St Kilda like

There’s plenty of good players still on the board that they’d likely want over Kako.

Yeah I think people saying Kako would only be a spite bid, or that he’s not in the top 10 are off the mark. He might not be in some people’s “rankings” but he’s in the discussion/mix of that area.

No club is using #8 in a strong draft like this to draft a small, and since we wouldn't that is the risk the Saints would taking with a bid and they know it. It's all an unconvincing smokescreen. His main allure was that he would be a good talent for cheap provided you were still able to take the best available at your highest picks and as highly as you rate Kako he is not the best available at #8. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
I agree there is no point doing anything until draft night but the rankings are what they are as no one has an exact order of how they rate them. I am in a position to discuss some of this with lower level recruiting guys and without giving anything away they all say there will be some surprises this year simply because of how even the top 15 is. It will come down to if clubs rate certain guys and some clubs may go with a pick to fill a need inside the top 10 more than best available if they have more than 1 picks. The Tigers may end up with 3 top 10 picks so they could easily do it. My view is reported rankings so far are not what they have been in previous years because we have never had a draft like this where no one can pin down number one or even the top 5. The move is 100% hold unless someone offers up something like future F1 & F2 and picks for this year .
We could well be one of the teams that rate Kako in the top 7 or 8 players. He’s a clear need and has some runs on the board this year.

We could well be one of the teams that rate Kako in the top 7 or 8 players. He’s a clear need and has some runs on the board this year.
Yes we could . Whatever the scenario is we do not have to do anything until draft night.

I’m just giving the other side of the argument

But we could def be a trade partner on the night if someone goes early on Kako
And it was simply putting a club name in a "insert club name here" . No suggestion your mob where interested in. There was no argument even though I used the phrase for arguments sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back