Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

If Scott does not rate Bryan going forward and is willing to let him go then we need to be looking at another ruck as Goldy is at the end. Bryan will ask for a trade for sure so if the decision is we do rate him then he will be the number two then we hold onto him but right now who knows what they are thinking. We should hold onto him IMO .

Who are the ruck options to look at ? they would have to be semi reliable as Sam has to prove he can play a full season.
The idea of Rory Lobb makes me sick

If Scott does not rate Bryan going forward and is willing to let him go then we need to be looking at another ruck as Goldy is at the end. Bryan will ask for a trade for sure so if the decision is we do rate him then he will be the number two then we hold onto him but right now who knows what they are thinking. We should hold onto him IMO .

Who are the ruck options to look at ? they would have to be semi reliable as Sam has to prove he can play a full season.

Pittonet and O'Brien are probably the two most established rucks who might want to move. Neither excites me.

Pittonet and O'Brien are probably the two most established rucks who might want to move. Neither excites me.
O'Brien version before this year was okay but he has fallen off the cliff this year. Pittonet is getting a bit injury prone.
There is Ladhams in Sydney but he has always been hit and miss.

The captain hindsight in all of this is if we where not so invested in Draper we could have had Grundy for not much and could afford him but the time was not right.

I am not on the Ainsworth wagon but he has played more a transition role than a forward role . He has been a link between half back and half forward.
Maybe it allows Gresham to play closer to goal.
Still doesn’t fix the fast small forward spot.

They look very different but isn’t El Hawli that? Quick linking wing player that can go to half forward and be a marking threat.

Not saying he is the answer but he would be an answer and would let Gresham go closer to home.

Thing about English is he’d be free.

If Wright/Bryan no longer fit in Essendon’s plan then they can be traded for real assets

+1 free asset
+ Asset repurposing to better fill out the roster.

Sounds like a win win.

If Dogs force a trade then just let them have him

If Wright/Bryan no longer fit in Essendon’s plan then they can be traded for real assets

+1 free asset

Sounds like a win win.

He’d be free but is his say $5-600k premium over Bryan and likely locked into a long term deal worth the 2nd/3rd round pick we’d get?

They look very different but isn’t El Hawli that? Quick linking wing player that can go to half forward and be a marking threat.

Not saying he is the answer but he would be an answer and would let Gresham go closer to home.
Saad may be the answer .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1 free asset

Sounds like a win win.

reckon he’ll be going over to perth. i think he’s a fine player but i don’t think he’d fit into our lineup, way too soft i i kind of think he’s lacking defensively

English also had that car crash concussion where he copped a flying Naughton knee to the temple - was out for several weeks. Had migraine issues after that. Another reason he may be a bit tentative although he was never the most physical ruck.

Interested to know if OBrien's loss of form is injury related, or just form. Mentioned a while ago that both he and Strachan are out of contract at the end of 25. Maybe OBrien just needs a new start to rediscover his best. Both are from Victoria.

I liked the Rowan Marshall suggestion but he's contracted until 27.

I've got a list of players I'd like to look at in areas of need who might be tempted for a move.

Small fwd:
Jesse Motlop - obviously classy small fwd who can't seem to get past shit trucks like owies or durdin
Jacob Konstanty - another stuck in line behind paps and wicks, think they are trying him off hb but he's clearly a pressure fwd.
Malcolm Rosa's - already had a crack here, he knows we like him , go again?
Charlie Clarke - behind weightman but dogs seem.to play small mids as fwds (Garcia, west) instead of this genuine SML fwd. Always puts himself about and kicks goals.

Development ruck:
Dante Visentiti - if Bryan wants out I'd love to pair up the brothers, vigo has more kpp slant, Dante the pure ruck already showing heaps. Port just invested in sweet and soldo so he might be gettable.

Big inside mid:
Alex Davies - behind a million gun mids up there but I love this guy, big, strong, blocks, tackles, first use - like setters with more edge and pop. Could be a free hit at years end, although might play 1s now with Touk out.

Hb distributor or line breaker:
Tom Brown - I love his leg, he reminds me a bit of a young rids
Joe Fonti- might have missed the boat here as he just debuted, has he taken Haynes spot? I love his athleticism and pop off hb, could be anything.

If I was shortlisting guys, these would be some I would love to take a look at;

Cooper Hamilton (GWS) - Small forward with a touch of speed and class. Injuries have held him back but would add a bi of spunk o the social media team with Guelfi

Tom Fullarton (Melbourne) - Genuinely no idea why he went to Melbourne of all places. Already had a plethora of guys in a similar position career wise (limited role players wanting a chance at senior level).

Aaron Cadman (GWS) - Wont happen but as a number 1 pick, the talent is clearly there. Would be wonders for our forward line. Maybe to similar to Caddy as a leading forward but a guy I would love none the less.

Connor Stone (GWS) - Strong and powerful, I like him as a guy we could plug in any where and play.

Jason Prior (Brisbane) - medium defender out of favour at Brisbane. I could see this happening.

Harry Sharp (Brisbane) - Always putting up good numbers at VFL level. From little I have seen, would be useful across HB.

Dylan Williams (Port Adelaide) - Flavour of the week for a period of time last year. Another half back option that adds depth.

Peter Ladhams (Sydney) as a break in case of emergency ruck if we do move Bryan on and Goldstein hangs them up. 26 so ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back