Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Smith would be a terrible get. Plz no.

Its not about 'kind of player', more so about quality

Baz can play far more roles than Tsatas

He wouldn’t start in our midfield, that part is abundantly clear, and we don’t play the extra midfielder that comes up to the stoppage from half back or half forward.

The way we deliberately set the ground up doesn’t suit Smith sliding in.

He wouldn’t start in our midfield, that part is abundantly clear, and we don’t play the extra midfielder that comes up to the stoppage from half back or half forward.

The way we deliberately set the ground up doesn’t suit Smith sliding in.
He could play half back, wing

Or half forward with a rotation onball

He fits into any side

He could play half back, wing

Or half forward with a rotation onball

He fits into any side

He absolutely could, but think about this logically. Tsatas is made for that bench/half forward extra mid role, not utilised, likewise Hobbs, not utilised.

Why blow another first rounder on something we actually already know we can’t get the best out of, what’s the point?

tsatas + perkins for bobby hill
spits-coffee-laughing.gif

He absolutely could, but think about this logically. Tsatas is made for that bench/half forward extra mid role, not utilised, likewise Hobbs, not utilised.

Why blow another first rounder on something we actually already know we can’t get the best out of, what’s the point?
If we let him go and it is if then it will be because they have got to the point where they can not fix his kicking and his defensive work is still average as well so the pick will be a bust anyway.

If we’re going to try and trade/overpay for someone (ideal trade target) surely it has to be Rowan Marshall.

Can play Ruck, Good forward and Good around the ground. Currently in his prime and fills a need while giving the team enough time to develop a young tall if they were to draft them this year.

Defense looks pretty set.
Mids with have an abundance of smalls. Could use another medium but that spot should be Tsatas next year with a VFL/AFL journeyman as depth be it setters or another similar player.

Wing is a strength.

Forward.
Cox caddy Langford Perkins Kako Gresham ADJr is a lot of investment in high picks and they seem to be progressing well.

If we’re going to try and trade/overpay for someone (ideal trade target) surely it has to be Rowan Marshall.

Can play Ruck, Good forward and Good around the ground. Currently in his prime and fills a need while giving the team enough time to develop a young tall if they were to draft them this year.

Mids with have an abundance of smalls. Could use another medium but that spot should be Tsatas next year with a VFL/AFL journeyman as depth be it setters or another similar player.

Wing is a strength.

Forward.
Cox caddy Langford Perkins Kako Gresham ADJr is a lot of investment in high picks and they seem to be progressing well.

For mine, it is not worth spending big currency on star rucks. They rarely win flags. Not that it wouldn't be good to have one, but system wise they are relatively unimportant. A ruck that can mark down the line is enough.

Point still stands. The role I would see Smith doing is probably similar to the one Caldwell excelled in at the start of the season as that 5th midfielder coming up from half forward and joining in.

Of late, that is not something we do by choice, so what’s the point and what kind of fit is he?

We like Duursma and a mobile big on a wing, so he wouldn’t play there, we already have more mids that Scott wants to utilise so again, not a lot of point there, I guess maybe you could make an argument for him as a defender that gets up high and gives us another rotation into the middle but there’s not really a fit.

I would love him if Scott was willing to change everything about himself and the way he sets the ground up.

Wing is a strength.

Forward.

No way - we need a 2nd KPD, a pocket and a flank.

For mine, it is not worth spending big currency on star rucks. They rarely win flags. Not that it wouldn't be good to have one, but system wise they are relatively unimportant. A ruck that can mark down the line is enough.

For sure.

I just think that it’s the most obvious upgrade. I like what’s developing at most other positions and don’t want to disrupt that.

Especially with Kako being added to the forward line.

Assuming Cox Caddy Langford Perkins Kako Gresham is our forward line next season. Maybe a Davey, Guelf or Stringer as F7 I’d like to see that develop.

Wings Martin, Jones Dursma

Def McKay Reid Ridley Redman McGrath

You have money to spend to get better but also don’t want to stunt growth. Upgrading Draper to Marshall seems to be the easiest way to do that.

The added bonus of Marshall is he’s also a really good key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Houston would be very handy.
A little buzz around about him coming back to Melbourne.

Wonder what we get for sheil and tsatas in trades and if we use these on drafting kids, kako bid or trade in a player.

I know tsatas can't kick but think we should give the kid a few proper games as mid and game time before discarding a top 5 pick for unders.

Tsatas - pick 15-25. 22 from tigers? Ideally earlier if they trade rioli or baker, I'd keep tsatas but seems this board and coaches dont rate him.

Shiel - 35 onwards but likely 3rd-4th round. 45 from saints.

Thoughts? As do we need points fir Kako. How does it work?

Is Hobbs a chance of asking for a trade?

The other young players on the roster would see the path to making the team. Hayes-Laverde, Bryan-Goldy, Roberts-Kelly, etc.

Hobbs seems to be on the outer. Behind far too many players of similar age in the eyes of match committee.

The other young players on the roster would see the path to making the team. Hayes-Laverde, Bryan-Goldy, Roberts-Kelly, etc.

Hobbs seems to be on the outer. Behind far too many players of similar age in the eyes of match committee.
I wouldn't be surprised and also wouldn't be too upset. He can play but I don't see where he fits for us.

I'd say he's a chance, yes. Which would be unfortunate given I think the next year or two is when he'll start to be physically ready for an inside mid role.

For perspective; he's only 20 (turns 21 at the end of the season) and we're just seeing Caldwell and Durham stand up as midfielders at 23.

Shiel is a good chance to leave and I am not convinced Setterfield is guaranteed to be around. There will be more opportunity next year than this.

He is on the edge of the 23 alot this year as an emergency. I think even if he asked we would want to keep him around for next year at least.

Not sure he is best 22 in many teams atm so might just be better to hang around.

Why do supporters think all players are eternally pissed off by doing time in the VFL?

He has had chances and hasn't set the world on fire IMO. Last time he played seniors he got continually caught. Needs to work on first option.

Not sure he is best 22 in many teams atm so might just be better to hang around.

Why do supporters think all players are eternally pissed off by doing time in the VFL?

He has had chances and hasn't set the world on fire IMO. Last time he played seniors he got continually caught. Needs to work on first option.

I don't think all players are pissed at being in the VFL.

My argument comes from him not being able to see a path into the best 22.

Got to remember this is his third season now. Guys in his draft class are all cementing themselves into their respective teams.

If he can’t get a game after being BOG in the twos, with Parish out and Perkins in career-worst form, it is pretty hard to see him getting a look in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back