Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Hobbs a chance of asking for a trade?

The other young players on the roster would see the path to making the team. Hayes-Laverde, Bryan-Goldy, Roberts-Kelly, etc.

Hobbs seems to be on the outer. Behind far too many players of similar age in the eyes of match committee.
Not sure match committee thinks he is behind players. They played him until he got injured . They then took on a slow build up and he has had 3 VFL games back. He has needed the games to build the fitness he lost while he was out with the calf.

Paying him a million bucks a year to sit and half back or half forward… yeh nah. He’s overrated af in my opinion. Would be just another player without the looks and the locks.

I rate him higher than most, but the query has to be whether his head is still in it, or can atleast get back to that level.

He would still be a mix of onball and HFF rotation and then in a couple years be a pretty main stay

It seems redundant though, he seems headed for Geelong

Got to remember this is his third season now. Guys in his draft class are all cementing themselves into their respective teams.

If he can’t get a game after being BOG in the twos, with Parish out and Perkins in career-worst form, it is pretty hard to see him getting a look in.
Yet he got a look in before he was injured. The only reason he has not played is he needed the 3 VFL games . He did limited running while he was out with the calf injury.

A half forward with the midfield abilities and tank does sound good for this forward press gameplan we are using. Atm we are getting transitioned against way too much. B.Smith would help guard that happening quite a bit imo. Effectively a Martin at both ends..

Yet he got a look in before he was injured. The only reason he has not played is he needed the 3 VFL games . He did limited running while he was out with the calf injury.

If they wanted him in now though, he’d be in. Parish literally hasn’t played a game of footy since Round 10 and is straight back in.

He absolutely could, but think about this logically. Tsatas is made for that bench/half forward extra mid role, not utilised, likewise Hobbs, not utilised.

Why blow another first rounder on something we actually already know we can’t get the best out of, what’s the point?
The difference between Hobbs and Tsatas is that boyd size puts them at very different stages of their development. Tsatas is atleast 12 months behind and more of Hobbs. Hobbs is an already made built tank now. Taller guys tend to take longer plus his kicking is far worse

Its not that Tsatas isnt the right type, hes just not ready

Were playing all of Zerrett, Parish, Shiel, Caldwell, Durham and maybe even Perkins in the 22/23 this week

People forget he had

27 and 3 in a semi
23 and 4 in a prelim

If they wanted him in now though, he’d be in. Parish literally hasn’t played a game of footy since Round 10 and is straight back in.
Different rehab program . It is not a one size fits all. Two weeks ago Parish was looking at playing VFL as well and would have if there was a game last week . All reports I have heard say his training has been 100% spot on . Anyway Hobbs is basically the 24th player right now. He is contracted for next year and was played until he got injured. He will understand Parish getting a game. Knowing his character he will not be seeking a trade.

I don't think all players are pissed at being in the VFL.

My argument comes from him not being able to see a path into the best 22.
Maybe, but not sure if Setters gets another year or not and as good as Shiel has been the last few weeks he may seek a team where he IS best 22.

Plus, Perkins really isn't a mid. So Hobbs may be closer to seniors with us than another club. Even North he would struggle to get a game ahead of their mids.

Having said that, Hobbs should have definitely played in the wet IMO.

Got to remember this is his third season now. Guys in his draft class are all cementing themselves into their respective teams.

If he can’t get a game after being BOG in the twos, with Parish out and Perkins in career-worst form, it is pretty hard to see him getting a look in.
Fair call on Perk.

Any player not in the 22 has a decent risk of asking to leave, its similar to Hayes. Although a 3rd year first round pick with his physical stature at 18 wouldve probably expected to be playing now

Im sure North, Saints, Tigers, Crows, WCE and Pies in the not so distant future could all fit him in. Or he loves the club and backs himself in to get a game especially when say a Shiel is likely on last legs or done.

Different rehab program . It is not a one size fits all. Two weeks ago Parish was looking at playing VFL as well and would have if there was a game last week . All reports I have heard say his training has been 100% spot on . Anyway Hobbs is basically the 24th player right now. He is contracted for next year and was played until he got injured. He will understand Parish getting a game. Knowing his character he will not be seeking a trade.

Fair enough. I hope he hangs around - think he could bring a bit of mongrel when/if he feels at home at AFL level, which we really need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between Hobbs and Tsatas is that boyd size puts them at very different stages of their development. Tsatas is atleast 12 months behind and more of Hobbs. Hobbs is an already made built tank now. Taller guys tend to take longer plus his kicking is far worse

Its not that Tsatas isnt the right type, hes just not ready

Were playing all of Zerrett, Parish, Shiel, Caldwell, Durham and maybe even Perkins in the 22/23 this week

People forget he had

27 and 3 in a semi
23 and 4 in a prelim

He’s a good footballer, approaching very good, not disputing that part. There is absolutely nothing to suggest Scott can get the best out of him and despite the fact that we’ve been not too bad with ACL rehab you’d hardly call us knee gurus. It would be very us, no?

Big money, high profile, significant injury, big cost, less than ideal fit, all of that combines and Dodoro is usually eyes spinning like slot machines and tongue rolling out onto the floor looney tunes style.

Is Reef McInnes worth a look or do we have too many of his type already (medium forward/Langford et al)??
Dropped again this week by the pies. The Pies have had about as much luck as us with the 2020 draft

Not good enough

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Reef McInnes worth a look or do we have too many of his type already (medium forward/Langford et al)??
Dropped again this week by the pies. The Pies have had about as much luck as us with the 2020 draft😆

I’ve a feeling we stick with FA’s instead of trades.

Maybe a player for player trade (like Mass last year), but I don’t see us trading any draft capital away.

He’s a good footballer, approaching very good, not disputing that part. There is absolutely nothing to suggest Scott can get the best out of him and despite the fact that we’ve been not too bad with ACL rehab you’d hardly call us knee gurus. It would be very us, no?

Big money, high profile, significant injury, big cost, less than ideal fit, all of that combines and Dodoro is usually eyes spinning like slot machines and tongue rolling out onto the floor looney tunes style.
There is also nothing to suggest the contrary either

Dodoro is good at the trade table not so much the draft table

There is also nothing to suggest the contrary either

Dodoro is good at the trade table not so much the draft table

What suggests he can’t is that he doesn’t now.

We are consistently 1, potentially 2 midfield rotations short of where we should be, completely by choice because Brad doesn’t want it. Why on earth would we or he want another rotational midfielder he doesn’t want to use?

I would love another really good mid forward rotation, you pair Smith with Caldwell and a bit of Hobbs and Perkins and that’s some serious stuff but it’s akin to a paraplegic spending 209 bucks on a new pair of running shoes, isn’t it?

First rounder
Second rounder
Fifth rounder

Be nice to get a kid before Kako but the second is going to be eaten up substantially. Would we go into debt for 2025?
I’ve a feeling we stick with FA’s instead of trades.

Maybe a player for player trade (like Mass last year), but I don’t see us trading any draft capital away.

Trading our first for an established player to avoid it getting swallowed up by a bid is a solidly good idea

Personally I’d rather trade up and get 2 picks but i see the appeal of a more established player.

Trading our first for an established player to avoid it getting swallowed up by a bid is a solidly good idea

Personally I’d rather trade up and get 2 picks but i see the appeal of a more established player.
We probably don't need more mature bodies, we should be looking to develop what we have and hit the draft

Pardon the ignorance as I live in Queensland but who is this Kako everyone is going on about and why is he a certainty to come to us?
small forward who made the U18 all Australian team.

Is a Next Generation Academy option for us and is projected to go in the top 15 or so. AFL looking likely to change the rules enabling us to match any bid from pick 1. Currently no bid before 40 can be matched

Dodoro is good at the trade table completed one decent trade (Caldwell) once, not so much the draft table

I think Mckay, Duursma, Stringer, Caldwell as you mentioned

Got the absolute best for Daniher, Saad ect

Also gets involved in deals where he manages to get better draft positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back